The Pimp Your Photography Thread

Started by ziggysego, April 15, 2008, 09:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

A couple I took in Oregon, not a professional by any means but I like them...
#newbridgeornowhere

ardmhachaabu

Lots of good pics in here, keep it up folks.  I am too shy to post any of mine

I love contrasts in colour or black n white
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Hardy

Quote from: ross4life on October 07, 2010, 06:10:46 PM
I've won prizes at agricultural shows with some of the photos I've posted here

:D

ross4life

Don't laugh at my small claim to fame

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hardy

armaghniac

This is a cat picture

This is a Pest

This is a long river
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ross4life on October 07, 2010, 05:43:16 PM
Quote from: King Henry on October 07, 2010, 05:09:51 PM
Ross no offence but some of those photos are awful. The skys are all washed out in most and really as far as I can see you just stood on top of a mountain/cliff/hotel balcony etc and pointed the camera and took the picture. You have no clue how to compose a photo or use the settings on it because if you did those photos you posted over the previous pages of this thread could have been excellent. Do yourself a favour and look up the rule of thirds rule in relation to photography. I'm also calling your bluff on some of the photos like the snake putting its head through the wooden bridge based on the rest of your photos there is no way you took that photo as that was takin by someone with a large amount of knowledge of photography which you don't. So I reckon your a bit of a bull shiter to be quite honest

All my photo's it's a lizard in a wooden bench Near Zadar Croatia BTW & i never said i was an expert photographer but i have have an Cert in photograpic visual awareness so trust me i know better than most on "how to take a photo"

TBH Your missing the point of the thread title

P.S good photos RLL

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 07, 2010, 05:33:17 PM
Quote from: King Henry on October 07, 2010, 05:30:41 PM

throw up a few of your photo's henry just so we can compare an experts to someone who hasn't a clue about photograpy

Hey Deel someone could throw up a few Tipp 2010 All Ireland pics to continue the cranky mood on the newbie  ;)

i don't think he is a kilkenny man at all Ross . Are you having trouble downloading your photo's henry ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

aontroim

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 07, 2010, 06:41:11 PM

A couple I took in Oregon, not a professional by any means but I like them...

Multnomah Falls by the look of it Dinny - very popular spot to take a picture - was there many years ago now long before dSLRs and the like were as popular so my pics weren't great to say the least!

isourboydownyet

great photos laoislad,was the ones from the roof top from rockefeller?

Norf Tyrone

Hey Ross
Some good photos there. I am probably showing my ignorance but where is this http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee432/ross4life/CIMG5227.jpg

Didn't link it to stop crowding the thread.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 08, 2010, 02:13:46 PM
Hey Ross
Some good photos there. I am probably showing my ignorance but where is this http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee432/ross4life/CIMG5227.jpg

Didn't link it to stop crowding the thread.

Cheers Norf

It's the Neuschwanstein Castle in Füssen Germany which i took on Tuesday & from what i believe it's the inspiration for Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

Quote from: armaghniac on October 07, 2010, 09:18:55 PM
This is a cat picture

This is a Pest

This is a long river

From the Buda side. Nice picture.

Puckoon

Its the parliment building, if I recall correctly?

ross4life

Quote from: armaghniac on October 07, 2010, 09:18:55 PM

This is a Pest

Budapest is one of the most picturesque cites in Europe & that's one of the most spectacular buildings I've seen on my travels

Gabriel_Hurl