The Pimp Your Photography Thread

Started by ziggysego, April 15, 2008, 09:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Only back now, so didn't see. Must look on BBC website.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: wdusln on June 02, 2008, 04:25:20 PM
ziggy did u send the other pics to the bbc? i think one of them was shown at lunchtime before the weather. they also named greencastle on the weathermap.

What do you know... it was one of my photos! Good catch wduslin.

Pity they didn't use the one of the fox....  :D
Testing Accessibility

Down Gael

Not my own work, but some great pics here.

Kerry Mike

A few of my favourites from the Kingdom. Will put up a few from my travels another time.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Main Street

Aerlik

Some great shots there lads.  I would recommend you get your hand on a polarzing filter if you are using a lens that allows them to be fitted. It helps to sharpen the blues and greens and reduces the washout from the glare of a bright sky. I have a few shots from around the world and want to know how to upload them.  Help!
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Main Street

Quote from: Aerlik on June 26, 2008, 09:13:56 AM
I have a few shots from around the world and want to know how to upload them.  Help!

You need to upload your photos to a free image hosting site.
like Photobucket  for example.
http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu
``there are loads more, maybe some better some worse

Then copy and paste the image address into the body of the reply  here

ziggysego

Don't forget the tag at either end of the link also.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Here's some shots I took at Dunmanway during the last week - excuse the camera and the cameraman. I knew Sam originated in Dunmanway but was shocked at the lack of recognition in terms of signage. Even the local librarian had to phone someone to find where he lived. The local pitch is known as the Sam Maguire Park. The statue of Sam is in the town centre. His homestead is about 4 km out and poorly signposted. They seem to be renovating his house but the 'Sam Maguire visitors centre' was unmanned so couldn't find out much about that. Opposite the 'Sam Maguire Holiday Homes' was the stone memorial, again no sign.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Fear ón Srath Bán

...  I would recommend you get your hand on a polarzing filter if you are using a lens that allows them to be fitted.

Would second that (you're talking about SLRs I take it?), some serious sky washout there, though great pics nonetheless. Compacts have their place, but the quality is badly deficient generally, and the more you enlarge, the more it's evident.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

downgirl

Hope that photo came out??  It's the sunset from my front garden last August...my favourite photo.

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 13, 2008, 12:13:27 AM
... I would recommend you get your hand on a polarzing filter if you are using a lens that allows them to be fitted.

Would second that (you're talking about SLRs I take it?), some serious sky washout there, though great pics nonetheless. Compacts have their place, but the quality is badly deficient generally, and the more you enlarge, the more it's evident.

In those photos above the lens was drenched from incessant rain!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2008, 12:32:08 AM
In those photos above the lens was drenched from incessant rain!

Commendable in the circumstances  ;) Out of interest, what were they taken with?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...