Armagh v Cork

Started by bennydorano, April 15, 2008, 09:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

What do we do now, give lads a run out now that we are safe or continue to build for the championship?  Probably the same spine with a few additions? I'd fully expect to see Philly Loughran given his chance on Sunday, maybe O'Neill too(as he certainly showed promise), Enda again :-\ How far away is Andy Mallon?

gander

Prob be without Tony Kernan and Clarke, maybe see Oisin or Forker get a run out and O'Neill in for Clarke.  Think the rest of the team will stay the same, unless he puts Enda in for Paul Kernan.

mhacadoir

is tony kernan injured? hopefully another performance like the Dubs one will lead us into the championship in good stead! are there many Cork ones making the trip up?

gander

Quote from: mhacadoir on April 15, 2008, 10:18:49 AM
is tony kernan injured? hopefully another performance like the Dubs one will lead us into the championship in good stead! are there many Cork ones making the trip up?

Think he went off injured on Sunday, took a couple of knocks.  Clarke went off with Ice on his leg so that why I think he'll be missing.  No point risking him and give a chance to see the alternatives from the start.

Onion Bag

100% agree with everyone, We should get the cob webs out of the guys sitting on the bench, and give them a run. The likes of Clarke and T kernan should be rested and give them time to get primed up for the c'ship, I honestly can see a whole new team on Sunday, Francie & Oisin will get a run. would still like to see a good win 
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Onlooker

Quote from: mhacadoir on April 15, 2008, 10:18:49 AM
Cork people do not even support their footballers when they are playing in Pairc Ui Chaoimh, so I would not expect too many to travel to Crossmaglen.

timmykelleher

Good man Onlooker.
What's a thread on this board without a few snide comments.
Like Armagh would fill Pairc Ui Chaoimh if the match was on in Cork.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

Goats Do Shave

What about Pairc Ui Rinn?  :P

armaghniac

If Armagh had the population of Cork and similar proportion of people went to games, I'd we'd take the bare look of any stadium. However Cork obviously have a the hurling as a major draw as well. All Corkonians are welcome to Cross' the Dubs enjoyed themselves well enough, despite being hammered.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TBT

There are 16 intermediate/senior championship football club games on in Cork this weekend. Conor Counihan will be doing well to find 24 players for the Armagh game.

Stevie Nicks

If cork are fielding understrength then Armagh should take the chance to play Philip Loughran, Brian Mallon, Francie and O'Neill. It could be of benefit come June 15th.

corn02

Team I would like to see tried.

Hearty

Moriarty Donaghy Shannon
Kernan O'Rourke Duffy
O'Neill Vernon
S Kernan O'Rourke Courtney
O'Rourke O'Neill Mallon

Uladh

It's a dead rubber and sitting down some of the lads with less than others to prove would be no harm, so long as there's a competitive spine.

I'd like to see

McKinney

Enda
Francie
Moriarty

Duffy
McKeever
Toner

Loughran
Vernon

Mallon
McKeever
Kernan s

McDonnell
O'Neill
O'Rourke

Throw ball

Uladh I agree with much of your team. However, I would like to see Donaghy get a run in the half back line as I believe he would be more suited to this position and this is the best opportunity to find out. Also if Andy Mallon is fit he will need a run out.

Real1995

I have to agree,don't really like saying that we have nothing to play for but in my view its v.Important that we give a few boys on the periphery some match time....so my Team ;

Hearty

Enda
francie
P.Kernan

Aaron
C McK
Duffy

Loughran
McGrane

Veron
P McKeever
Oisin

McDonnell
G. O'neill
Micheal O'R

Subs to get a run out; G Louhran, Toner, Lavery (if fit),Brendan Mckeown, Forker
Nice guys always finish second!