Armagh v Cork

Started by bennydorano, April 15, 2008, 09:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Quote from: Real1995 on April 15, 2008, 01:55:36 PM
I have to agree,don't really like saying that we have nothing to play for but in my view its v.Important that we give a few boys on the periphery some match time....so my Team ;

Hearty

Enda
francie
P.Kernan

Aaron
C McK
Duffy

Loughran
McGrane

Veron
P McKeever
Oisin

McDonnell
G. O'neill
Micheal O'R

Subs to get a run out; G Louhran, Toner, Lavery (if fit),Brendan Mckeown, Forker

I didn't think Charlie was that lazy  :D

Maguire01

Quote from: timmykelleher on April 15, 2008, 11:57:57 AM
Good man Onlooker.
What's a thread on this board without a few snide comments.
Like Armagh would fill Pairc Ui Chaoimh if the match was on in Cork.

Well to be fair, did Monaghan fans not out-number Cork in Pairc Ui Rinn the other week?

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: timmykelleher on April 15, 2008, 11:57:57 AM
Good man Onlooker.
What's a thread on this board without a few snide comments.
Like Armagh would fill Pairc Ui Chaoimh if the match was on in Cork.

Have travelled to Cork many times to watch Armagh play ye in the league.Have never been at a league game in Cork where Armagh support did'nt outnumber the home support by at least 5 to 1.

Uladh

No sign of the big fella Cussen on the garda team that played tuesday. maybe he's injured?

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cork/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=92581

Rufus T Firefly

No harm experimenting for what is essentially a dead rubber:

Ciaran McKinney

Paul Kernan
Francois
Finnian Mo

Brendan Donaghy
Aidan O'Rourke
Kieran McKeever

Paul McGrane
David McKenna

Veron
Paddy McKeever
A N Other

Oisin
Nippy
Miceal O'Rourke

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 17, 2008, 10:42:57 PM
No harm experimenting for what is essentially a dead rubber:

Ciaran McKinney

Paul Kernan
Francois
Finnian Mo

Brendan Donaghy
Aidan O'Rourke
Kieran McKeever

Paul McGrane
David McKenna

Veron
Paddy McKeever
A N Other

Oisin
Nippy
Miceal O'Rourke

Is this the team?

bennydorano

Team according to Irish News

Ciaran McKinney

Paul Kernan
Bellew
Finnian Mo

Brendan Donaghy
Aidan O'Rourke
Kieran McKeever

Paul McGrane
David McKenna

Veron
PMcKeever
Brian Mallon

McDonnell
Clarke
Miceal o'Rourke

Goats Do Shave

Be good to see Mckenna in midfield & Juan Sebá in the half forwards.

I'd keep Brendan Donaghy in the full back line, his pace & hands are needed in there IMO.

thebandit

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on April 18, 2008, 09:15:36 AM
Be good to see Mckenna in midfield & Juan Sebá in the half forwards.

I'd keep Brendan Donaghy in the full back line, his pace & hands are needed in there IMO.

I'm looking forward to seeing Donaghyat wing half - I feel that's his best position, although we already have 2 good options there

thebandit

Good to see Brian Mallon starting as well

Smokin Joe

Would have we got to gain by giving Clarkie another chance to pick up an injury?

thebandit

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 18, 2008, 10:38:25 AM
Would have we got to gain by giving Clarkie another chance to pick up an injury?

Good point, and McDonnell as well for that matter

Uladh

Happy enough with that team. The engine room is still there in the form of McGrane, o'rourke and McKeever so the lads coming in have every chance to perform. although there are quite a few changes, the team is really only weakened in two departments. I'd be worried that we will struggle to win the type of ball that was going into the full forward line last week and disappointed o'neill is not in there for that reason. also, in the absence of martin o'rourke there could be a break ball and general energy issue around the half forwards. again, courtney would have been a good candidate to replicate that.

Generally fair enough though. good to see mallon and bellew coming back after bad injuries. a couple of years ago these two were certs for starting so it reflects the strength of the squad McDonnell is shaping. It'll be interesting to see how donaghy does at wing back as he has looked more comfortable when he has gotten out the field. Great opportunity for McKenna too and i think he becomes the 6th starting midfielder of the league by my counting. It's a massive game for McConville to show he can still contribute in my opinion. he has shown nothing at all in his cameos to date. O'rourke junior also has a good opportunity and i think he is our best candidate for playing up with McDonnell and Clarke for the championship.

I suppose so many changes could scream complacency and could be a red rag to cork. any cork lads around to give us an idea of their lineup?

brokencrossbar1

Quirke

Duggan      Canty      Lynch

Miskella      Spillane    Kissane

Murphy     O'Connor

O'Brien       Goold      McMahon

Goulding    Masters     Hayes

This is a fairly strong team if it actually lines out.  We have championship here tonight so all these boys will be playing.  There may be a few injuries but if the line out like this they will give Armagh a strong test.

I am glad to see that there have been changes in the Armagh team.  Even though it is an inconsequential game they are playing at home and the confidence that winning builds can only be positive.  I feel if the Armagh players out the field can get early ball into the inside line they can cause the Cork FB line serious problems.  Duggan is good but young.  Will probably pick up O'Rourke, Lynch and Canty are not the plyayers they were and in any event are better suit in the HB line.  Clarke and McDonnell will have the pace and strenght to match them and I think they will shade it.  I hope young David does well in the middle.  O'Connor is playing well in the middle for Cork and I think McKenna would have played against him in recent years at U-21.  Murphy would be the type of player who David could thrive against as he is a clean ball player and David would have the extra legs on him. 

Uladh

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 18, 2008, 11:22:35 AM
Duggan is good but young.  Will probably pick up O'Rourke, Lynch and Canty are not the plyayers they were and in any event are better suit in the HB line.  Clarke and McDonnell will have the pace and strenght to match them and I think they will shade it.

No clarke or McDonnell bc.

Why are they playing club championship this week bc? surely another week's wait wouldn't have killed anyone?