Tyrone v Down Ulster Championship First Round 8th June 2008

Started by To whom it may concern, April 14, 2008, 12:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

;D Yesterday's game proved that Tyrone are in terminal decline and that Armagh, Derry and Donegal are now indisputably the big teams in Ulster ;D

5Times it would be "love on the rocks" for you if I accompanied your wife to the Neil Diamond concert. My advice is to forego the inevitable Down defeat at the Marshes on Saturday night, and go with your wife to Croke Park and have some "red red wine" next Saturday...it'll be your only chance to visit Croker this year :D

rrhf

We await the entrance of the Division 2 chokers to the championship next week,  Tony against the Cavan "pubteam" .
Until then hold your taytos!!!   

corn02

Quote from: take_yer_points on June 09, 2008, 11:40:23 AM

Did anyone pass by the fella who seemed to have collapsed on the way back into Omagh after the game? It looked like he was in a bad way - fingers crossed he's alright!

Saw this alright, quite disturbing, hope the lad is ok.

T Fearon

Good God, surely Down avoiding a Championship defeat and not conceding 6 goals in the process is not that big of a shock ???

Tyrone Dreamer

Might be tough to expect McGuigan to play 2 tough championship games in 6 days but I definately think yesterdays game should bring him on. He showed his old class for the 1st goal and Id be hopeful with that game yesterday behind him he'll be more involved next week. Wouldnt mind seeing McCaul take Hartes place at right half back. Any word if its all ticket? Newry wont be easy to get in or out of next Saturday night. I thought the support favoured Tyrone by about 70-30 yesterday and would expect the opposite for the next game.

orangeman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 09, 2008, 01:13:14 PM
Might be tough to expect McGuigan to play 2 tough championship games in 6 days but I definately think yesterdays game should bring him on. He showed his old class for the 1st goal and Id be hopeful with that game yesterday behind him he'll be more involved next week. Wouldnt mind seeing McCaul take Hartes place at right half back. Any word if its all ticket? Newry wont be easy to get in or out of next Saturday night. I thought the support favoured Tyrone by about 70-30 yesterday and would expect the opposite for the next game.

Definitely all ticket and there's a chance it might not be on TV. Newry is nightmare location for a match.

useername

conor gormley might not make the game for saturday,

apparently hes broke his little toe

orangeman

Quote from: useername on June 09, 2008, 01:19:57 PM
conor gormley might not make the game for saturday,

apparently hes broke his little toe

Can it get any worse ?

snappiered

OM why you reckon it could be a live game? Also any Down fans hear have a seating plan for Pairc Esler? Which are the best seats? We be late home on Saturday night with the 7pm throw in.

Uladh

feetofflames

Was unable to attend this game so first of all my views are what I seen on TV.  Dooher loooked good, obviously lost out on the breaks maybe we need a wee scrambler in there alongside him.  I though Conor was at sea after that heavy knock he took.  Sean Cavanagh had a limited game outside the goal and a point, Colm Cavanagh took his point when a goal was begging and that started the Down revival.  Tyrone need serious surgery in the middle third.  Tyrone might have lost the game if Davy Harte hadnt have been injured at that time, as Carlin tightened things up.  Mc Gee brought a hard edge to the Tyrone tackling but might suffer from earlycarditis if started.  Mc Caul was undramatic but effective certainly in the first half.  Midfield was non existent throughout the game.  Is there any other miodfield potential in the county at the moment?  WOuld not challenge against Armagh.   Down were a much sharper, fitter team, with a better bench. Tyrone can win the nnext day but if Down play as well as they can, they are the better team with better prospects for this year anyway.    
Chief Wiggum

upthehoops

Quote from: orangeman on June 09, 2008, 01:16:12 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 09, 2008, 01:13:14 PM

Definitely all ticket and there's a chance it might not be on TV. Newry is nightmare location for a match.
Newry certainly is not ideal to get away from, but Omagh was a nightmare yesterday. Did not get away from carpark in centre of town until past half six despite getting back to car immediately after match.

feetofflames

What was the story with Mc Menamin yesterday.  Was he very quiet.  Some of Tyrones most experienced guys didnt really seem to offer leadership yesterday or the game passed them by.  Would this be a fair assessement?
Chief Wiggum

buglebhoy

Exciting game yesterday, down's 2nd half was excellent and really should have won it. the 4 subs made a massive difference Murphy, ambrose and mccomisky were outstanding!! Dan showed real quality. rony murtagh didnt really get going at all and i felt changing him and benny for the last 20 mins may have done something. they both have to be more involved next week! murphy and ambrose will have to start imo. good perfromance!!!

orangeman

Quote from: feetofflames on June 09, 2008, 01:23:14 PM
Was unable to attend this game so first of all my views are what I seen on TV.  Dooher loooked good, obviously lost out on the breaks maybe we need a wee scrambler in there alongside him.  I though Conor was at sea after that heavy knock he took.  Sean Cavanagh had a limited game outside the goal and a point, Colm Cavanagh took his point when a goal was begging and that started the Down revival.  Tyrone need serious surgery in the middle third.  Tyrone might have lost the game if Davy Harte hadnt have been injured at that time, as Carlin tightened things up.  Mc Gee brought a hard edge to the Tyrone tackling but might suffer from earlycarditis if started.  Mc Caul was undramatic but effective certainly in the first half.  Midfield was non existent throughout the game.  Is there any other miodfield potential in the county at the moment?  WOuld not challenge against Armagh.   Down were a much sharper, fitter team, with a better bench. Tyrone can win the nnext day but if Down play as well as they can, they are the better team with better prospects for this year anyway.    

Where are the good midfielders ????

I'll give you one from my own club - John Mc Conville - a real brute of a man who has had a treendous few seasons but simply never gets a look in.
Clonoe have Shane O'Hagan, Collie Doris
Dromore have Mc Garry