PFA award nominees

Started by T O Hare, April 11, 2008, 04:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: ONeill on April 11, 2008, 05:29:38 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 11, 2008, 04:39:30 PM
Flabbyass showed on Tuesday night that he can't handle the big occasion

You might be right. He scored a screamer against the Spuds at Shite Fart Lane in the league but sure that's not a big occasion anymore.

:D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bridgegael

Quote from: T O Hare on April 11, 2008, 04:44:14 PM
keane had a better season than Stevie G.. the most over hyped player in premiership history

go on outta that T O Hare,  quit your stirring.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Niall Quinn

Quote from: T Fearon on April 11, 2008, 04:18:47 PM
euphemistically named "Big Four" >:(

How is "Big Four" a euphemism?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteIf Ronaldo gets the main prize wouldnt that mean he almost certainly has to get the Young Player prize?

I think (and I'm open to corection) that they have a system for the voting which makes it extremely difficult to win both. Ronaldo managed it last year but I think that was because he was so far ahead in the voting.

To be honest I don't think Young Player of the Year awards should be for established players like Ronaldo. Think it should be limited to under 23s who are in their first season (or first season starting a certain of games)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Minder

I dont think you should be allowed to win both the same year -

James
Sagna/Richards
Ferdinand
Vidic
Clichy
Ronaldo
Fabregas
Gerrard
Kuyt
Torres
Adebayor
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Uladh

Quote from: Minder on April 11, 2008, 09:37:40 PM

Why not?

Minder

I just think the young player category should be for an "up and coming" player and i think someone said earlier that established players should be excluded.

J70

Quote from: Uladh on April 11, 2008, 10:18:45 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 11, 2008, 09:37:40 PM

Why not?

What's the point?

The main prize is the big one. Plus, Ronaldo is in his fifth season in the league with a season in the Portuguese league before that. He's a highly experienced player. Give the recognition to someone who just started within the last year or two. They should reserve the young player award for under 20s or 21s.

J70

Team of the year:

James
Sagna
Ferdinand
Dunne
Evra
Gerrard
Fabregas
Mascherano
Ronaldo
Torres
Adebayor

tintin25

1. James
2. Brown
3. Clichy
4. Ferdinand
5. Vidic
6. Fabregas
7. Ronaldo
8. Gerrard
9. Torres
10. Adebayor
11. J.Cole

I think this would be pretty close. People seem to forget how consistent Wes Brown has been this season. Bar James I can't see any other 'Non big four' reps.

Minder

Wes Brown? ? ? are you still under the influence from last night ?

tintin25

Quote from: Minder on April 12, 2008, 10:40:40 AM
Wes Brown? ? ? are you still under the influence from last night ?

No. He's been consistent over the season and merits an inclusion on the basis of that. Both Richards/Sagna were promiment at the start of the season but both incurred injuries/loss of form since the new year. It's only my opinion. I could just as easily question your inclusion of Kuyt...now you really are having a laugh! The same Kuyt whom the majority of Liverpool fans were lambasting at the start of the season.

Minder

I was taking the piss with Kuyt though,i thought everyone would know that. United have a strong defence in spite of Brown not because of him and i dont think too many United fans would be bothered if he left in the summer

Billys Boots

I'd go for (in 4-4-2)

James
Sagna
Dunne
Vidic
Clichy
Scholes
Fabregas
Hargreaves
Ronaldo
Torres
Adebayor
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

tintin25

Quote from: Minder on April 12, 2008, 01:35:45 PM
I was taking the piss with Kuyt though,i thought everyone would know that. United have a strong defence in spite of Brown not because of him and i dont think too many United fans would be bothered if he left in the summer

Your in right in saying that Utd have a strong defense in spite of Brown but nevertheless I think he's been solid for us this season and defo merits some consideration for that right back spot. Personally I'd like him to say...think he's been offered more than enough with regard contract terms but if he leaves, he leaves.