PFA award nominees

Started by T O Hare, April 11, 2008, 04:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

In my opinion those players playing consistently well in underperforming teams (ie Robbie Keane) are more worthy of mention than those who perform sporadically in so called bigger clubs but get more media focus. he certainly is more worthy of a nomination than Calamity James >:(

Keane scored two goals against the potential European Champions at Anfield this season in a team that was struggling profusely at the time, something which no Arsenal or Man Ure player achieved ;D

full back

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 11, 2008, 04:31:12 PM
the voting will take place before that

In that case Ronaldo is a shoo-in for both

Have to say David James has been outstanding this season & is a major factor in Pompey getting to the FA Cup Final and finishing so high in the League.
Keane would struggle to get in the Top 10 players in the PL this season

anportmorforjfc

But united and arsenal didnt get beat in the league

ONeill

Fabregas was POTY until his injury in December.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Er neither Did Spurs. We drew 2-2, and Liverpool only equalised in injury time.Oh how the Goons would have settled for a similar score last Tuesday ;D

T Fearon

Flabbyass showed on Tuesday night that he can't handle the big occasion

anportmorforjfc

Keane has scored 20 odd goals this season but he misses a sitter every game

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on April 11, 2008, 04:38:09 PM
Er neither Did Spurs. We drew 2-2, and Liverpool only equalised in injury time.Oh how the Goons would have settled for a similar score last Tuesday ;D

Little amuses the innocent ::)

Mr Keane doesnt exactly handle the big occasion either.........

T O Hare

keane had a better season than Stevie G.. the most over hyped player in premiership history
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on April 11, 2008, 04:33:24 PM
In my opinion those players playing consistently well in underperforming teams (ie Robbie Keane) are more worthy of mention than those who perform sporadically in so called bigger clubs but get more media focus. he certainly is more worthy of a nomination than Calamity James >:(

Are you saying Portsmouth are a bigger club than Spurs?

ildanach

i'd say it will  be ronaldo for the main prize
then torres for the young player. Fabregas has gone off the boil since christmas so i dont think he will feature. But he will get in the team of the year along wth Adebayor
                                  James
                            Richards  Ferdinand Vidic ?
                            ?     ?      Cesc   Ronaldo
                               Torres Adebayor

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

full back

Quote from: ildanach on April 11, 2008, 04:46:58 PM
i'd say it will  be ronaldo for the main prize
then torres for the young player.

If Ronaldo gets the main prize wouldnt that mean he almost certainly has to get the Young Player prize?
I'd imagine if you are the best player in the league, and a certain age, you also have to be the best young player in the league ???

stiffler

Id imagine Lescott would be in with a shout for the team of the year.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on April 11, 2008, 04:39:30 PM
Flabbyass showed on Tuesday night that he can't handle the big occasion

You might be right. He scored a screamer against the Spuds at Shite Fart Lane in the league but sure that's not a big occasion anymore.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Uladh

Richard Dunne is extremely unlucky' the united pair will form the centre of the defence but Dunne has been outstanding and merited a nomination. richards has played centre half all season so can he now be selected at right back?