Which would be the greater nightmare scenario?

Started by T Fearon, April 11, 2008, 09:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Couldnt give a monkeys. However will have the pleasure of watching celtic v rangers in person next wednesday  ;D

Ask me holy bollix

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on April 11, 2008, 12:43:43 PM
GD, Unlike yourself perhaps I am a true supporter who supports his team and their appointed manager,when times are hard and is uninfluenced by whats happening in Govan and who realises that all is not yet lost until its mathematically impossible to succeed. Remember Fir Park in 2005?

On one thing we do agree is that Celtic currently have the best playersn Scotland and no matter what happens this season, they are a better bet for long term success than the Govanites.

You see I realise we can't expect to win the league every season and I would much rather have what we have got now than the early to late 90s when we were largely out of contention for everything by Christmas

Ah Tone, my Celtic credentials are not in question, I've been a die-hard since the late 70's, so have suffered the barren years without losing my love or support for the club.
I don't feel the need to fluff around the topic of a manager who is doing damage to MY club (in Soccer I only have one love and support), you failed on a SammyG scale to address any of my points, and the one you did mention (the league still being alive) was a point which I made myself.

Tbc....

mhacadoir

i wouldnt particularly call any of them a nightmare. not fantastic news but not a nightmare.

his holiness, i'm also goin up to the old firm wednesday. more in hope than expectation to be brutally honest.

T Fearon

GD, What points are you making? You are assuming that another manager could have done better than Strachan, that cannot be proven.

Also at this point in time Rankers have won one trophy this season, the CIS Cup, thats all.

You'll no doubt be spouting shite if the unlikely happens and the Celts win the league against all the odds (as at Love Street in 1986) about what a "great manager" we have and how you never lost faith etc >:(

ziggysego

Tony, not meaning to be cheeky here or anything. Just curious, which is your greater love? Gaelic or Soccer? I know you're passionate about both, that I'm not denying, but which is your favourite?
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Love them both equally...along with my wife of course ;D

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

illdecide

As much as i hate the huns and hope they never win another game i had to laugh last night whilst catching the last 10mins of the Rangers game the huns were chanting to Sporting Lisbon "Are you Celtic in disguise"

Bastards :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 11, 2008, 10:08:47 AMFrom what I hear , strachan is for the off this summer. Two names being mentioned as new boss ,and one a huge surprise.

If u could tell us in a PM I'd appreciate it lynchbhoy. For those protesting to keep the faith, well here's two reasons why it's not gonna happen.

1. WGS persisting with Caldwell and Naylor to a lesser extent.
2. In a close race Celtic do not get a fair crack of the whip, even WGS has alluded to this in recent weeks.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

rosnarun

the ultimate nightmare would br for the fai's'republic of eire' team to qualify for the world cup and the ole ole brigade crawl out from their damp smelly rocks and f**k up a perfectly good summer as the fai prove them seves to be the best team in the world in a losing quater final . I can smmel the people at the welcome home parade already.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

hitzelsperger

rangers are sh**e and can get further in that dud cup than trotterenham hotspud...shows how bad spuds are..

Minder

In fairness to Rangers they have more guts than the Celts, they have a pretty average team but are getting 100% out of every player, Rangers fans were not expecting to win much this year and will end up doing the treble. Lets face it is anyone surprised that WGS is not measuring up, he was a shit manager in England and is making Gordon Smith look like Bill Shankly.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on April 11, 2008, 04:30:08 PM
GD, What points are you making? You are assuming that another manager could have done better than Strachan, that cannot be proven.

Also at this point in time Rankers have won one trophy this season, the CIS Cup, thats all.

You'll no doubt be spouting shite if the unlikely happens and the Celts win the league against all the odds (as at Love Street in 1986) about what a "great manager" we have and how you never lost faith etc >:(

No Tony, I won't, you seem to think that you can tell what I'm thinking, very silly.
Even if Celtic lift the league flag this year, I will still call for WGS's head, too many poor performances this season.

By the way - I have never lost my faith in Celtic through all my years of supporting them.
Tbc....