Now i'm no ONeill but...

Oh, Mary, Newcastle beach is a wonderful sight
With people out swimming in piss and in shite,
They don't sow potatoes, nor barley nor wheat
But there' gangs of them digging up sewers in the streets
At least when I asked them that's what I was told
So I just took a hand at this diggin' for gold
But for all that I found there I might as well be
Where the Mountains of Mourne shite sweeps down to the sea.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Pangurban

Spot on Orior, funny but accurate, and getting worse

spiritof91and94

This is indeed a real joke and now a certain MLA wants all development stopped for three years. Newcastle depends on the construction industry to put bread on peoples tables but this clown just wants to tr**p it into the ground. No development means no jobs which means no money which means serious problems - is he not aware that we are in the early days of a recession.
This MLA loves the PR drive and all that goes with it - tv,radio and newspaper coverage - put it this way given his last election results is it any wonder and another thing that hurts him is 90% of developers in Newcastle kick with the other foot.
Sure it was only a couple of weeks ago he was on about cowsheds being converted into sites in the mournes, then it was trees being felled to make way for housing now an indequate sewer - what will it be next??
He claims to be an environmentalist as well, although he is lobbying to get a quarry  reopened in the mournes (for his brotherhood) - but perhaps all the construction workers could get a job in this quarry!!
He also backed the streetscape works in Newcastle that has ruined the town and causes major backlogs as it is reduced from 2 lanes to 1in an age when everyother town is building bypasses and widening roads, Newcastle makes theirs narrower......

Yes this man loves the PR drive and his best moment came ten years ago when he was arrested in Kilkeel for lying down in front of the Longstone Band at the Easter parade. ;)
He also sold alot of land for development in another part of county down.

Fair play to him.

screenexile

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on April 11, 2008, 10:01:24 AM
This is indeed a real joke and now a certain MLA wants all development stopped for three years. Newcastle depends on the construction industry to put bread on peoples tables but this clown just wants to tr**p it into the ground. No development means no jobs which means no money which means serious problems - is he not aware that we are in the early days of a recession.
This MLA loves the PR drive and all that goes with it - tv,radio and newspaper coverage - put it this way given his last election results is it any wonder and another thing that hurts him is 90% of developers in Newcastle kick with the other foot.
Sure it was only a couple of weeks ago he was on about cowsheds being converted into sites in the mournes, then it was trees being felled to make way for housing now an indequate sewer - what will it be next??
He claims to be an environmentalist as well, although he is lobbying to get a quarry  reopened in the mournes (for his brotherhood) - but perhaps all the construction workers could get a job in this quarry!!
He also backed the streetscape works in Newcastle that has ruined the town and causes major backlogs as it is reduced from 2 lanes to 1in an age when everyother town is building bypasses and widening roads, Newcastle makes theirs narrower......

Yes this man loves the PR drive and his best moment came ten years ago when he was arrested in Kilkeel for lying down in front of the Longstone Band at the Easter parade. ;)
He also sold alot of land for development in another part of county down.

Fair play to him.

That's all well and good that the man is of questionable character and all that but how do you propose the sewage problem is fixed? Is he just doing this for political gain or is there a real problem in Newcastle. From what I can see it seems a sensible enough suggestion so why go mad about it? Most sites that are due for development cannot be built now anywya due to the slowdown in the housing market so why not use this time to sort out the water problems in Newcastle!

spiritof91and94

The sewer is fine - this is all circumstancial due to few contentious applications in the pipeline, but current PPS7 & 14 Guidelines state you cant build in the country and asks for Urban development - it also needs noted the MLA in question wont meet the developers to discuss....