Dun na nGall v Doire 13th April 2008

Started by wherefromreferee?, April 07, 2008, 09:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

I think it's time for predictions....
I'm going to go for Derry by 2 points, but to be honest that might be the heart ruling the head. McIvor is a huge factor in this game and is as good to Donegal as another player on the pitch....I'm hoping Derry have a that wee bit more hunger than Donegal, and a better defence than anything else they have come up against so far.
I predict a tight, fractious game with Derry edging it.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on April 11, 2008, 09:35:23 AM
Got tickets for the match last night - directions - once you turn left at the round about at the mount errigal - where do you go from there? -- anywhere to park up after this turn left at the mount errigal?

do you mcivors son on the derry team - will have any impact mcivor senior?

none

Donegal Danny

Direction. Once you turn left at the Mount Errigal head on over that road until you come to another roundabout, keep left here and follow signs for Glenties and Dungloe. At this roundabout you are exactly 1 mile from the pitch. There is loads of free parking here in the retail park( Next, Argos, TK-Max, Atlantic Homecare, Lidi etc) so if the weather is good you can park here and walk to the pitch. Closest parking to the pitch Will be in the Dunnes Stores Car park opposite the Ramada Hotel. Give yourself plenty of time but as i said it's only 1 mile or less from the retail park which has loads of free parking.

Oakleafer1993

thanks for the directions danny.

I am sure if your son was playing on a opposing team -it could have some psychological impact ??? ...

gaagaa

Quote from: Rick O Shea on April 11, 2008, 08:32:59 AM
Sunday's Team has now been named: Only one change from the Tyrone game, as John Deighan returns to the goalkeeper's position. 

DERRY TEAM: John Deighan, Kevin McGuckin, Kevin McCloy (Capt.), Francis McEldowney, Liam Hinphey, Gerard O'Kane, Michael McIver, Fergal Doherty, James Conway, Mark Lynch, Barry McGoldrick, Enda Muldoon, Conleith Gilligan, Patrick Bradley, Eoin Bradley.

SUBS: Barry Gillis, Ryan Dillon, Joe Diver, Joe Keenan, Sean Marty Lockhart, Michael McBride, Niall McCusker, Ciaran Mullan, Paul Murphy, Paul O'Hea, Raymond Wilkinson.   

Think this is cute enough from PC, if intentional - McIvor was obviously at the game against tyrone, so crozier isn't showing anymore of his hand b4 the championship, but at the same time its certainly a strong enough team to win!

i wouldnt make many changes to this teakm come championship (maybe diver in?) and devlin for gilligan?  where is mcgolderick from bellaghy - will he be fit this year?

gaagaa

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on April 11, 2008, 12:04:21 PM
Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on April 11, 2008, 09:35:23 AM
Got tickets for the match last night - directions - once you turn left at the round about at the mount errigal - where do you go from there? -- anywhere to park up after this turn left at the mount errigal?

do you mcivors son on the derry team - will have any impact mcivor senior?

none

wouldnt like toi be the donegal man who flattens his son?

J70

Donegal team

Michael Boyle
Karl Lacey
Neil McGee
Shane McGowan
Eamon McGee
Barry Monaghan
Kevin Cassidy
Stephen McDermott
Kevin Rafferty
Rory Kavanagh
Michael Hegarty
Brian Roper
Leon Thompson
Colm McFadden
Conal Dunne

A few changes for Donegal: Shane McGowan, Barry Monaghan, Stephen McDermott and Conal Dunne replace Paddy McDaid, Christy Toye, Ciaran Bonner and David Walsh.

First start for McGowan from Bundoran I think. Stephen McDermott hasn't started in quite a long time, which is a shame, because he looked like he was going to be a top class player for Donegal when he burst onto the scene in 2003 with great running and scoring power. Surprised to see Barry Monaghan back too, as it looked like McIver had settled on Eamon McGee in the no. 6 spot.

I just hope we can compete at midfield.

marty88

Quote from: gaagaa on April 11, 2008, 09:06:45 PM
Quote from: Rick O Shea on April 11, 2008, 08:32:59 AM
Sunday's Team has now been named: Only one change from the Tyrone game, as John Deighan returns to the goalkeeper's position. 

DERRY TEAM: John Deighan, Kevin McGuckin, Kevin McCloy (Capt.), Francis McEldowney, Liam Hinphey, Gerard O'Kane, Michael McIver, Fergal Doherty, James Conway, Mark Lynch, Barry McGoldrick, Enda Muldoon, Conleith Gilligan, Patrick Bradley, Eoin Bradley.

SUBS: Barry Gillis, Ryan Dillon, Joe Diver, Joe Keenan, Sean Marty Lockhart, Michael McBride, Niall McCusker, Ciaran Mullan, Paul Murphy, Paul O'Hea, Raymond Wilkinson.   

Think this is cute enough from PC, if intentional - McIvor was obviously at the game against tyrone, so crozier isn't showing anymore of his hand b4 the championship, but at the same time its certainly a strong enough team to win!

i wouldnt make many changes to this teakm come championship (maybe diver in?) and devlin for gilligan?  where is mcgolderick from bellaghy - will he be fit this year?

I def wouldnt say thats our best team. Séan Marty to come in amd m mcgolderick as well.

Also I'd imagine Murphy has to be played in CF whenever the real stuff happens.

Looking at the Donegal team, we'll make fools out of it!
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

J70

I hope you're putting your money where your mouth is Marty! :)

marty88

Quote from: J70 on April 12, 2008, 03:43:32 PM
I hope you're putting your money where your mouth is Marty! :)

O good lord no, betting on your own team, best way to get beat that is!
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

Real Talk

I'd say it'll be a low scoring game, Donegal's middle 8 are very strong.  With home advantage I think Donegal will shade it

J70

Quote from: Real Talk on April 12, 2008, 09:59:50 PM
I'd say it'll be a low scoring game, Donegal's middle 8 are very strong.  With home advantage I think Donegal will shade it

Rafferty and McDermott?

McDermott is great when running at defenders, but how he'll cope against the likes of Doherty in a midfield battle is another thing. Rafferty was out of the panel for four or five years, so I don't know how he'll cope in a tough championship match, if he makes the first 15. Tomorrow may tell a lot.

The Voice Of Reason

I'm listening to the match on the radio here, and Derry are well on top - 7 points up and it's only half time yet. Sounds like Donegal aren't at the races at all. Against that I'm aware that McIvor is probably _very_ wary of showing any of his hand ahead of the big match in 6 weeks time.

According to the Highland Radio commentary, Colm McFadden played 50 minutes in a club match last night. However given the way the clubs were toyed around with last year by the Donegal management I can't saw I'm unhappy about this. It also seems that Ciarán Bonnar has left the county panel, but I think that's only rumour at the minute.

J70

Maybe Donegal are trying to completely protect their hand before June, but this is ridiculous!

There are too many rusty players out there at once, we're getting hammered at midfield and Derry are winning all the 50-50s. Lets hope they get a bit of pride back in the second half. Haven't scored from play yet either.

10-3 at the half.

J70

Quote from: The Voice Of Reason on April 13, 2008, 03:18:02 PM
According to the Highland Radio commentary, Colm McFadden played 50 minutes in a club match last night. However given the way the clubs were toyed around with last year by the Donegal management I can't saw I'm unhappy about this. It also seems that Ciarán Bonnar has left the county panel, but I think that's only rumour at the minute.

I heard that. St. Michael's brought McFadden on a sub after 10 minutes. No wonder he hasn't won a ball yet!

I hope they get Bonner back. We certainly need him.