Dun na nGall v Doire 13th April 2008

Started by wherefromreferee?, April 07, 2008, 09:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigyhill Terror

Don't quote me but I heard someone say work is being done to Ballybofey ahead of the Championship, which is why Donegal's last two League games weren't set for there

Doire abú

Quote from: Donegal Danny on April 08, 2008, 01:10:53 PM
Listen i can't see how any Derry fan who knows anything would want to travel to Ballyshannon. It's a complete kip of a place and the Donegal fans don't even travel hence only 900 fans there last Sunday to watch Donegal and Laois. I think 5,500 will hold the crowd on sunday unless it's a fine day and fair weather supporters from around Letterkenny decide they want to go. I have already stated that you can watch the perfectly well from the club house which is free. So stop your wineing and get into the clubhouse good and early and get a good seat close to the windows.

Here listen I don't go to football matchs to watch from the clubhouse. the mere fact you are mentioning that as a vantage point surely proves just how inadequate O'Donnell Park is.

J70

What have the general attendances been like for the two counties so far?

Donegal Danny

Listen here Doire abu O' Donnell Park Letterkenny is far superior to any second county ground Derry have like Ballinascreen or Glen Maghera. You probably haven't ever been to the Letterkenny venue. As i said before the ground can easily hold 8,000 but Croke Park are only allowing 5,500 in. I still don't expect it to be a sell out though i hope it is. As far as the clubhouse goes it has the same view as anyone who stands behinds the goals at any game, probably better because you are higher up. As a matter of fact Brian Mc Iver watched the Kerry game from the clubhouse last year and keep in touch with the sideline through phone(clubhouse wasn't open to the public last year during the match but for next sunday it is).
Doire abu if you are a true Gael you will have no problem getting a ticket, if you can't then go to the clubhouse FREE OF CHARGE.
The previous poster is correct Ballybofey is closed until the championship match to improve the pitch.
J70 there was only 900 in Ballyshannon last Sunday fact.

Donegal Danny

Got sorted out with the U 12'S. Playing Glenullen after the match. I wonder if they have any young Paddy Bradley's knocking about da Glen?

tbrick18

Donegal Danny

Game has a 2.30 pm throw in. There will be a one way system in operation. Derry fans should park in the town and walk out or else they can get a free shuttle bus from the Old Dunnes Stores at Lower Main Street. Donegal fans coming from west Donegal can come in as far as the O'Donnell park and turn there and park their cars facing back out towards Glenswilly. For any other information just ask.

the green man

Donegal Danny

Yes it is over past the Pearse Road. Take a right at the mini roundabout at the Ramada Hotel(Pearse Rd) .Better to park anywhere around there because the road out to the pitch will be closed at Black's Centra but there will be shuttle bus in operation.Anyway it's only a 5 minute walk out to the O'Donnell Park.
For anyone who doesn't know Letterkenny to well just follow the signposts for Glenties and Dungloe as you come into Letterkenny from Derry.Turn Left at the roundabout at the Mount Errigal Hotel.

tbrick18

Quote from: Donegal Danny on April 09, 2008, 01:12:06 PM
Yes it is over past the Pearse Road. Take a right at the mini roundabout at the Ramada Hotel(Pearse Rd) .Better to park anywhere around there because the road out to the pitch will be closed at Black's Centra but there will be shuttle bus in operation.Anyway it's only a 5 minute walk out to the O'Donnell Park.
For anyone who doesn't know Letterkenny to well just follow the signposts for Glenties and Dungloe as you come into Letterkenny from Derry.Turn Left at the roundabout at the Mount Errigal Hotel.

Is the pitch far from the roundabout? Would it be walkable distance from there? I've been to Letterkenney a few times but never at a match there, just not sure where the pitch is.

Bogball XV

Quote from: J70 on April 08, 2008, 04:24:50 PM
What have the general attendances been like for the two counties so far?
Derry have been getting 3-4000 up at celtic park on cold wet saturday nights - i think the 5500 at letterkenny will be utterly inadequate although I am in favour of holding league matches at smaller grounds, this particular game should be in Ballbofey (why would a derry fan want to be dragged to ballyshannon btw?).
I think Donegal hold all the aces here too, I rate McIver very highly and as other posters say, he knows Derry inside out - maybe he'll throw the game to allow derry to be pre-occupied by an upcoming league final pre-championship?
Do Donegal want to win this one?  It's a sad indictment of the current system that winning the league means so little isn't it?

gaagaa

derry need to go out to win this - its a chance of the experience of playing in a national final
sure its been a while since we have been in one
mciver knows all about the derry lads so no point in holding back - you never know how many of the boys in the current set up wont be involved next year so they need to make the most of it

Donegal Danny

There will be plenty of tickets available in Letterkenny on Sunday i have been well informed.
As far as the game itself is concerned i think Mc Iver will not be too upset if Donegal lose because after winning the league last year the team were not able to step back for a while and train hard for the championship.
Word is that he is going to start Conal Dunne and maybe even Devenney(man of the match on his home pitch last year against Kerry) might even use Barry Dunnion who played well in a club game last weekend.If he does then it shows that he isn't too pushed on the result, otherwise he would go with who is playing already.
Anyway hope Sunday is a fine day and a big crowd enjoy the great set up at St Eunan's and Letterkenny in general.Not much sign of Doire abu lately after i replied to his stupid comments.

Rick O Shea

Sunday's Team has now been named: Only one change from the Tyrone game, as John Deighan returns to the goalkeeper's position. 

DERRY TEAM: John Deighan, Kevin McGuckin, Kevin McCloy (Capt.), Francis McEldowney, Liam Hinphey, Gerard O'Kane, Michael McIver, Fergal Doherty, James Conway, Mark Lynch, Barry McGoldrick, Enda Muldoon, Conleith Gilligan, Patrick Bradley, Eoin Bradley.

SUBS: Barry Gillis, Ryan Dillon, Joe Diver, Joe Keenan, Sean Marty Lockhart, Michael McBride, Niall McCusker, Ciaran Mullan, Paul Murphy, Paul O'Hea, Raymond Wilkinson.   

Think this is cute enough from PC, if intentional - McIvor was obviously at the game against tyrone, so crozier isn't showing anymore of his hand b4 the championship, but at the same time its certainly a strong enough team to win!

Oakleafer1993

Got tickets for the match last night - directions - once you turn left at the round about at the mount errigal - where do you go from there? -- anywhere to park up after this turn left at the mount errigal?

do you mcivors son on the derry team - will have any impact mcivor senior?