Liatroim v An Dún

Started by Down Gael, April 04, 2008, 12:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

QuoteYou absolutely loaded abuse at me when I rightly complained at the abuse DOWN fans gave OHARA when he got sent off even though you werent at the game.

Right - if you are to retain even an iota of credibility on this board I challenge you to show where I "loaded abuse" at you on that thread. Produce quotes please. The thread is still available as I've checked it myself. I would invite everyone to go back and read it because I don't take it lightly being called a hypocrite.

SLIGONIAN

Seanie, silly comments is that complimentry or intended to insult? also saying my comments were unfortunate when you werent there? THey werent as silly as your comments on this thread. You are a hypocrite. You were condemning my comments based on what I saw and you have to cheek to stick up for the abusers here on that thread because it is me who said it. But you have a go at leitrim fans  who did alot less. This is the same LEITRIM FANS who clapped Sligo players onto field as they were welcomed as CONNAGHT CHAMPIONS by a guy with mic in the FBD league earlier this yr and who I have alot of time for.
Your digs below from the other thread:

"Why don't you take issue with the other Sligo posters who disagreed with your silly comments?"

"Down fans - don't mind Sligonians unfortunate comments. He only speaks for himself."

It'll be interesting now if OWENMORESIDER comes in here to stick up for youafter what he said. Then things will have come full circle on the hypocrises. Another man who wasnt in Down but gave his 2p worth.

"And I'll concur with the other Sligo posters re Sligonian's comments. Harsh on Down followers, who I'm sure are as decent folk as their countymen are on here. O'Hara was silly to lash out, and should have known better, the opposition have him marked for it by now. And if you think Down lads were giving him stick, imagine what he'll get in Carrick and Castlebar? Cut it out please"

Your click will hardly come in this thread and disagree with you. As I said before ye'll know each other so I wont hold me breath.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

Quote"Why don't you take issue with the other Sligo posters who disagreed with your silly comments?"

"Down fans - don't mind Sligonians unfortunate comments. He only speaks for himself."

So that amounts to "loaded abuse at me". You must be fierce sensitive! Your credibility is zilch my friend.

I am not a hypocrite and I'll explain it to you in as simple terms as possible. You compared the Down folk to soccer fans which no-one needed to be at a game to know was wrong. Don't be trying to compare what I said on the Leitrim/Down thread to calling Down supporters soccer fans. I was on to the Leitrim crowd who were bemoaning the lack of "respect" they were getting. I pointed out that they're not always great at showing respect themselves. Completely different things but I guess you came on here with an agenda to have a go at me and it clouded your judgement.

As for knowing each other - I know you as well as I know most of the Sligo folk on here. Just their real life names.

SLIGONIAN

I am fierce sensitive alright ::).  My creditibility is zilch with you, Tell me something I dont know,  :o the feeling is mutual my friend but dont think for one second you speak for anyone else in SLIGO or any other county for that matter other than your click on here of course.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Down Gael on April 07, 2008, 12:02:13 PM
Look lads, you can dress it up whatever way you want, but Leitrim are a poor side. As has been said to me in a pm, you wouldnt grow spuds on their field and they drag teams down to their level. Leitrim played to the referee yesterday, especially when they got their goal. People talk about Tyrone diving, Tyrone have nothing on these boys. There was 4 minutes of added time announced yesterday, it could have been 4 hours. Lets not dress this up in fancy language, you can say they are a poor team all you want. I think they are sh*te.
I havent got todays Irish News yet, I`ll get it at lunchtime, but if the referee doesnt get Man of the Match, I`ll be shocked.
Sadly that defeat leaves us in Division 3 for another year. A combination of a poor attitude on our behalf, a Connaught spud field, a Connaught ref and the Connaught diving champions all went against us yesterday, but in truth we only have ourselves to blame.
I am not looking to excuse Downs performance yesterday, it was the worst of the year. Leitrim are still a crap team.

End of rant.

Well Down must be sh*tter than sh*te then... :)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Solo Run

The main points from my perspective on yesterdays match, not sure whether I am agreeing or disagreeing completely with anyone.

1.   There seems to a bit of symmetry going on with Leitrim. If they hadn't got that goal I doubt very much whether they would have won, Down were clearly getting on top. It was a Down defensive mistake, and the keeper didn't look too clever as Philly McGuinness was able to punch into an empty net with the keeper nowhere. Ironically last week although we lost by 6 pts to Wexford I believe we mightn't have lost if we had not conceded an identical punched goal into an empty net. It knocked the stuffing out of us as it made the comeback so much harder, it also stalled the Down comeback. So balances up I suppose.

2.   I looked at where the referee was from before the match, Mayo, and I thought good; would he be more likely to penalise the Ulster team for persistent fouling if it was to happen? I thought he would. As it turned out I thought he gave Leitrim some soft frees. Now he also gave some soft frees to Down but overall I thought he gave Leitrim the benefit of the doubt more often than not. Here is where the symmetry comes in, the referee in the Fermanagh game was from Donegal and I never left a match so angry. Leitrim reduced to 13 for two innocuous challenges and Fermanagh men rugby-tackling Leitrim forwards in the last 15 minutes without even a caution. It left me thinking are we now getting to a stage where we should have referees from a neutral province?

3.   Leitrim did not deserve to lose yesterday, but you wouldn't begrudge Down a point if they weren't so valuable!

4.   90% of matches I go to the losing fans always say they "were two poor teams on show there today!" Some true GAA fans there yesterday from Down, bitterly disappointed as promotion all but disappeared, BUT if they beat Limerick and Fermanagh, which I believe they will, and Louth beat Wexford(very possible) then the combination might swing the points difference in their favour. Kind of hope they get promoted

5.   Leitrim are always written off, long may it continue, I love it, you get great prices.  Bet on them straight for win yesterday at just over 2/1, great value. Won't touch them away from home though.

Really hoping for Leitrim to stay-up, unlucky that they have to play Galway in Salthill, as I can see them running them close again, and it would be terrible to have no qualifier match. Just think that in the summer there is a big game in this team if they get the chance

AhFeckRef

Welcome Solo Run.

I wouldn't go looking past the New York game in the championship. One game at a time  ;)

magpie seanie

Forgot about this gem with all the other stuff going on:

QuoteB*ollox - clear strike to the Leitrim  players face - only for a camera angle that wasn't clear O Hara would have got the full sentence and it would have been justified.  You're biased in this and previous posts.

Of course you're not biased are you?

As I haven't seen the video and missed the incident at the game I can't comment on the angle etc. What is clear is that the hearings committee didn't think it warranted a suspension so without any better evidence I think I'm safe enough to go with them. What isn't arguable is the Leitrim player went down like he as poleaxed and there wasn't a thing wrong with him. Is that sporting? Is that respect (that word again) for your opposition? You should criticise that too unless your bias is clouding your judgement.

As for the title going to our heads - that's rich coming from a Leitrim man. At least winning it means we don't get reminded of 1994 any more every time we meet ye.

Rudi

Quote from: Solo Run on April 07, 2008, 06:52:37 PM

1.   There seems to a bit of symmetry going on with Leitrim. If they hadn't got that goal I doubt very much whether they would have won, Down were clearly getting on top. It was a Down defensive mistake, and the keeper didn't look too clever as Philly McGuinness was able to punch into an empty net with the keeper nowhere. Ironically last week although we lost by 6 pts to Wexford I believe we mightn't have lost if we had not conceded an identical punched goal into an empty net. It knocked the stuffing out of us as it made the comeback so much harder, it also stalled the Down comeback. So balances up I suppose.

2.   I looked at where the referee was from before the match, Mayo, and I thought good; would he be more likely to penalise the Ulster team for persistent fouling if it was to happen? I thought he would. As it turned out I thought he gave Leitrim some soft frees. Now he also gave some soft frees to Down but overall I thought he gave Leitrim the benefit of the doubt more often than not. Here is where the symmetry comes in, the referee in the Fermanagh game was from Donegal and I never left a match so angry. Leitrim reduced to 13 for two innocuous challenges and Fermanagh men rugby-tackling Leitrim forwards in the last 15 minutes without even a caution. It left me thinking are we now getting to a stage where we should have referees from a neutral province?

3.   Leitrim did not deserve to lose yesterday, but you wouldn't begrudge Down a point if they weren't so valuable!

4.   90% of matches I go to the losing fans always say they "were two poor teams on show there today!" Some true GAA fans there yesterday from Down, bitterly disappointed as promotion all but disappeared, BUT if they beat Limerick and Fermanagh, which I believe they will, and Louth beat Wexford(very possible) then the combination might swing the points difference in their favour. Kind of hope they get promoted

5.   Leitrim are always written off, long may it continue, I love it, you get great prices.  Bet on them straight for win yesterday at just over 2/1, great value. Won't touch them away from home though.

Really hoping for Leitrim to stay-up, unlucky that they have to play Galway in Salthill, as I can see them running them close again, and it would be terrible to have no qualifier match. Just think that in the summer there is a big game in this team if they get the chance

Always found Leitrim a hard nut to crack, however having read your post & it stinks of inferiority complex associated with small teams like Leitrim. Yet you have the aggorance  to write off both New York & Roscommon - hypocrite. By the way as a Rossie was delighted to see yee winning yesterday & hope yee stay up, so we can get back to kicking yer asses next year ;D. Seriously, would like to see Leitrim doing well.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Rudi on April 07, 2008, 08:34:16 PM
Quote from: Solo Run on April 07, 2008, 06:52:37 PM

Always found Leitrim a hard nut to crack, however having read your post & it stinks of inferiority complex associated with small teams like Leitrim. Yet you have the aggorance  to write off both New York & Roscommon - hypocrite. By the way as a Rossie was delighted to see yee winning yesterday & hope yee stay up, so we can get back to kicking yer asses next year ;D. Seriously, would like to see Leitrim doing well.

In all fairness to solo run I enjoyed reading his post. Where does it show inferiority complex?

Is there anyone in 31 counties think roscommon will beat Galway? No probably a similiar percentage dont give us a prayer against mayo thats if we beat london of course. But give the guy a break. The rossies had written our u21s off thinking ye'd be playing Galway in semi. All though maybe 1 or 2 shocks in connaght this yr despite the greater perception outside the counties. And it counts for nothing. 16/1 we won connaght last yr. So relax it is a fair observation on what results rossies are showing these days that galway will most likely win. I wont be offended by posters writing us off again. As long as sligo players, management and fans believe who cares what anyone else thinks.

BigJohnBrowne

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 07, 2008, 08:19:23 PM

As I haven't seen the video and missed the incident at the game I can't comment on the angle etc. .................What isn't arguable is the Leitrim player went down like he as poleaxed and there wasn't a thing wrong with him. Is that sporting?

Go bury your head you idiot - God you have a problem - You didn't see the incident and yet you claim that a Leitrim player went down like he was poleaxed - Make your f*ing mind up whether you saw it or not or were you even at the game ?????    Blinkered or what. 

And now for you - an accurate piece of reporting - the strike was clear as hell and the player was floored by a thugish attempt at cowardly behind the referees back bullying.  The mark was also clear as hell for anyone to see on the players face after the game to prove the case.  As for what happened with the hearings committee - I've lost all respect for them if any of the story (that was circulating from Monday evening onwards of the week he got off)  is true - that decision stinks.

magpie seanie

No need for the abuse. A bit of respect now.

Tubberman

Sligo lads (Seanie and Sligonian), ye are making complete idiots of yourselves having a bitch fight across several threads. Grow up lads. Have a PM war for yourselves instead
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

thewobbler

We've been here before.

Back around 2003, Magpie Seanie declared that James McCartan should be sent to prison, for an incident that nobody saw except the Westmeath keeper, who could hardly be described as an independent witness. A week or so later, he stated that Alf Inge Haaland got what he deserved when he got his leg shattered, as he wasn't worthy of being on a pitch with Roy Keane, who had confirmed the assault as pre-meditated in his autobiography. 

magpie seanie