Football boss sent bullet in post

Started by ziggysego, March 29, 2008, 03:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

Quote from: stew on March 29, 2008, 10:34:47 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 29, 2008, 08:53:37 PM
I wonder would the indignation be as strong on this board if David Jeffrey got the bullet in the post . . . . .

I would like to think it would, it doesnt matter who received it because it couldnt be more disgusting no matter the receipent.

Chris/minder. Forget whataboutery in this case and condone it for what it is.

Minder said we could do without things like this and I said I agreed with Minder's post.

Do you actually believe myself or Minder would condone sending someone a bullet in the post?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

redcard

Quote from: stew on March 29, 2008, 10:32:11 PM
Quote from: redcard on March 29, 2008, 08:35:54 PM
Quote from: stew on March 29, 2008, 08:12:52 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on March 29, 2008, 05:44:47 PM
Quote from: stew on March 29, 2008, 04:04:45 PM
What a shame this is. Hatred is alive and well in the north and there are still many scumbags out there who refuse to move on.

Before you read this thread had you stopped reading Fearon's sectarian, hatred filled posts?  You don't have to send bullets in the post to live in the past.

I never said you did and I wasnt aware I had to pass comment on Fearon before I posted about a bullet being sent in the mail with a hate filled letter. TYP please let me know going forward if reading fearons posts are  a pre-requisite before commenting on threads in this forum.
I love your last comment, it speaks volumes. Obviously I thought that it was indeed a requirement that you had to send a bullet and a hateful letter in the post to be living in the past. :-\

Feck sake, Fearon seems to control every facet of this board and now we have Tyronies as well as OWC with a Fearon fixation.

TYP a Tyronie? 

He lives there and by all accounts is a closet tyrone fan. :P

I was trying to inject a little bit of humour into the situation. I know full well who TYP is.

Got you now Stew :D But when calling TYP a Tyronie please consider the Tyronies feelings  :D

Norf Tyrone

Probably fair not to label all Linfield fans with the same brush. There are probably elemants here that are scum...but sure bar Chelsea all 'soccer' clubs have this elemant.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

stew

Quote from: Minder on March 29, 2008, 10:39:45 PM
I wonder would the indignation be as strong on this board if David Jeffrey got the bullet in the post . . . . .

I would like to think it would, it doesnt matter who received it because it couldnt be more disgusting no matter the receipent.

Or condemn......? I have already said we could do without it but i think there are more important/serious things happening in the world

Ooops. Thanks for pointing that out minder, my bad.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Take Your Points on March 30, 2008, 08:13:07 AM
Quote from: redcard on March 29, 2008, 11:24:13 PM

Got you now Stew :D But when calling TYP a Tyronie please consider the Tyronies feelings  :D

I have feelings too you know! :(                 :D

It could have been worse TYP, I could have called you a downie. :-[

I married one and the two kids were born in Daisy Hill, its torture I tell ya. :'(

ziggysego

Less of the rubbish. If the same happened to David Jeffrey, of course I would have posted it. Why wouldn't I? Doesn't make it any less wrong depending on what 'side' it's happening to.

Don't know why I am surprised that some of the usual suspects are nit-picking at the news to further their own cause.
Testing Accessibility

stew

Quote from: Chrisowc on March 29, 2008, 10:40:13 PM

Minder said we could do without things like this and I said I agreed with Minder's post.

Do you actually believe myself or Minder would condone sending someone a bullet in the post?

Did I infer that you would? I know you wouldnt condone such behaviour. I would have thoguht however you speak about the issue instead of agreeing with minder. If this had happened at a GAA game to GAA people I would have met this isue head on, the last thing I would have done was talk about if it had ben a norn iron sawker game. You boys will do anything to deflect criticism from the IFA or its team. Chris, how about this, how about you condemning the actions of a few sc**bag supporters of Linfield FC and attempted murderers and leaving it at that.

nifan

Ill happily condemn all the knackers, but stew its par for the course here for people to bring up the failings of the other sort when defending their "lot"

stew

Quote from: nifan on March 30, 2008, 04:13:28 PM
Ill happily condemn all the knackers, but stew its par for the course here for people to bring up the failings of the other sort when defending their "lot"

I am very quick to condemn those that derail the GAA that are supposedly GAA supporters, take for example that stupid protest in Chicago that was going on when OWC toured, all I did was condemn their actions and call them out, I didnt point fingers at OWC or say what about........................

Is it too much to ask that people look at an issue and comment on it without having to dredge up the other side and their failings, last time I checked we  had all failed somewhere along the line so in the grand scheme of things is it at all possible that we could talk about the issue at hand and only the isue at hand?

Probably not but it would be nice.

BTW, I in no way, shape or form hold the IFA accountable for the actions of a few would be murderers that claim to support Linfield FC, I just thought I would throw that out there.

T Fearon

The IFA are certainly not without blame in this scenario. For decades the tolerated their favourite club, Linfield's no catholics policy and still refuse to abandon the unionist trappings that attracts scumbags. Also our esteemed Sports Minister is strangely silent on this matter,yet The  never misses an opportunity to have a go at the GAA

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on March 30, 2008, 06:02:36 PM
Also our esteemed Sports Minister is strangely silent on this matter,yet The  never misses an opportunity to have a go at the GAA

Noticed that too....
Testing Accessibility

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on March 30, 2008, 06:02:36 PM
The IFA are certainly not without blame in this scenario. For decades the tolerated their favourite club, Linfield's no catholics policy and still refuse to abandon the unionist trappings that attracts scumbags. Also our esteemed Sports Minister is strangely silent on this matter,yet The  never misses an opportunity to have a go at the GAA

Tone the IFA had nothing to do with that poor young man getting stabbed in the neck other than he was a 'supporter' of one of their affiliate clubs.

As for the minister for sports, what do you expect from a clown like that. The fact that he hasnt spoken on the issue does speak volumes.

Chrisowc

Quote from: stew on March 30, 2008, 03:55:19 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on March 29, 2008, 10:40:13 PM

Did I infer that you would? I know you wouldnt condone such behaviour. I would have thoguht however you speak about the issue instead of agreeing with minder. If this had happened at a GAA game to GAA people I would have met this isue head on, the last thing I would have done was talk about if it had ben a norn iron sawker game. You boys will do anything to deflect criticism from the IFA or its team. Chris, how about this, how about you condemning the actions of a few sc**bag supporters of Linfield FC and attempted murderers and leaving it at that.

Stew, I have absolutely no problem condemning all violence.

As for doing anything to deflect criticism from the IFA or it's team?  Garbage!
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Main Street

Maybe I am very naive on this but why would anybody think that Jeffries is on one side and Patterson on another.
AFAIC they are on the same side, they are both soccer club managers in the IL.

I only saw this incident being reported on the BBC NI website
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7321231.stm
They make out that it was trouble between supporters at some place outside the ground. As in two sets of supporters with equal blame attached.
Rather than Red Handers report that Linfield supporters attacked bi standers.

If such a thing did happen with GAA supporters would it receive any higher profile attention?

stew

Quote from: Main Street on March 30, 2008, 09:18:52 PM
Maybe I am very naive on this but why would anybody think that Jeffries is on one side and Patterson on another.
AFAIC they are on the same side, they are both soccer club managers in the IL.

I only saw this incident being reported on the BBC NI website
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7321231.stm
They make out that it was trouble between supporters at some place outside the ground. As in two sets of supporters with equal blame attached.
Rather than Red Handers report that Linfield supporters attacked bi standers.

If such a thing did happen with GAA supporters would it receive any higher profile attention?

We cannot answer this as it never happens. ;D