Dearest wooden spoon in history

Started by the Deel Rover, March 26, 2008, 02:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

I see that the Mayo County Board has been fined  €5000 for "spoongate" in castlebar its going to be a nightmare going to all the home games now with extra security now required to frisk all supporters going to games.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Jinxy

Between that and "headbuttgate" its been a bad week for the GAA.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Jinxy on March 26, 2008, 03:09:11 PM
Between that and "headbuttgate" its been a bad week for the GAA.

Terrible week jinxy but great for the tabloids
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Barney

Its good enough for the County Board the control of crowds in Castlebar has long been a disgrace and an embarassment. I know its innocent fun but the fact that hundreds of kids can storm the pitch at half time is a bit of a joke.

I suppose the €5,000.00 will probably be given to the Dubs towards their holiday fund or something to help them win Sam  :P

the Deel Rover

ah come on now barney stop stirring it ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

ludermor

Can anyone confirm if it was Fishead/Son of Sam who threw spoon?

orangeman

Quote from: Barney on March 26, 2008, 03:51:41 PM
Its good enough for the County Board the control of crowds in Castlebar has long been a disgrace and an embarassment. I know its innocent fun but the fact that hundreds of kids can storm the pitch at half time is a bit of a joke.

I suppose the €5,000.00 will probably be given to the Dubs towards their holiday fund or something to help them win Sam  :P

No, the €5000 will be used to give everyone protective clothing for future visits to Parnell Park - Pillar will be seething after this weekend's events !  ;D

Puckoon

orangeman

Gnevin

Quote from: Puckoon on March 26, 2008, 04:19:46 PM

Parnell park accessory #1
Don't know what Mayo's problems have to do with Parnell Park
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Barney

I knew we'd be able to smoke him out  ;D

Farrandeelin

Poor old St Patrick will never get in now!!! :D Seriously, it's a bit over the top having to install security cameras in all fairness.  I wonder how the spoon-thrower is feeling now?
Very good Puckoon ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Quote from: Gnevin on March 26, 2008, 04:21:16 PM
Don't know what Mayo's problems have to do with Parnell Park
Well who knows.
if a wooden spoon is going to cost Mayo €5000, what will a headbutt cost Dublin?

GalwayBayBoy

Lads I was thinking about heading up for the league game in a few weeks.

Will I be safe swanning around the streets of Castlebar?

I hear Mayo have a top firm of some proper naughty boys. Will I have to come up mob handed? ;D

ExiledGael