AFL 2008

Started by zoyler, March 22, 2008, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1995

low scoring afair....fec Barry Hall is an animal.....from being in australia this past week just i have found that the AFL is so much more bigger in Melbourne than sydney...more in2 the rugby league up here.....
Nice guys always finish second!

stephenite

Aerlik

yep the AFL is very powerful in Victoria, South Australia, Northern Territoy, Tasmania and Western Australia, so much so that you rarely see Rugby League on WA tv.  Queensland and New South Wales are the strongpoints for the NRL, as seen in the State of Origin.  Go the maroons. ;D

The NRL is in a bit of stick at the moment as numbers playing the game are dwindling and the AFL and soccer is making headways into traditional NRL country such as NSW and SE Queensland.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

zoyler

Was out all morning and had to watch the replay in the afternoon - awful game - nearly as bad as poor rugby union!  Having said that I wonder if the dreadful condition of the pitch had anything to do with it?  I don't think I have ever seen as many  bad bounces and handlin errors.  A good result for the magpies nonetheless.  I wonder what the big chat between Marty & Tadgh was about at the end?

Declan

Yeah poor game alright but Pies deserved it and they seem to have the jinx over the swans. Kennelly caught out badly by Thomas and big bad Barry was at it again. Pitch was a disgrace - like a badly laid carpet. No beer and drove home in 40 minutes.

Bod Mor

What a brutal game. Ya the pitch was awful but so were the Swans.

Did anyone see the Hall incident. Looks like he will be banned for a few matches.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Aerlik

Suspended indefinitely by his club.  Galloot :-[
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

zoyler

Good day at the office for Marty Clarke this morning.  Involved all through the game - and finished with a lovely give and get the return to score from 50m.  Good win for the 'pies who may yet finish in the top 4.

pintsofguinness

Why isn't this thread on the non gaa section?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 12, 2008, 05:12:20 PM

Was thinking that myself. Should be moved.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 12, 2008, 08:40:48 PM

Moot point I'd say: wish that it were so, but the AFL has a very real relevance to the GAA at the minute, much more of a relevance than many of us are comfortable with.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 12, 2008, 10:52:06 PM

Moot point I'd say: wish that it were so, but the AFL has a very real relevance to the GAA at the minute, much more of a relevance than many of us are comfortable with.

Why has it relevance? Because we're losing players to it?  We're losing players to soccer and rugby too - does that mean we should have soccer and rugby threads on the main gaa section?

Discussing the AFL and the affect it has on the GAA/what we can do about it etc is one thing and has a place here.
However, discussing games, clubs, players etc (the same as what we've got in Liverpool, Man utd threads) has no place here and should be on the Non Gaa section. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

johnpower

Given the numbers heading to Oz and its potential to force the semi professionalism on the GAA it should be kept on the GAA side of the board

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 12, 2008, 10:57:19 PM

Why has it relevance? Because we're losing players to it?  We're losing players to soccer and rugby too - does that mean we should have soccer and rugby threads on the main gaa section?

Discussing the AFL and the affect it has on the GAA/what we can do about it etc is one thing and has a place here.
However, discussing games, clubs, players etc (the same as what we've got in Liverpool, Man utd threads) has no place here and should be on the Non Gaa section. 

As I said, moot, and I agree with you. Let's get it moved (pace johnpower's comments).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...