10. T Giles
11. M Donnellan
12. J Fallon

13. M Linden
14. P Canavan
15. M Fitzgerald
Ulster League Champions 2009

AZOffaly

I didn't see much of Tony Hanahoe 'live'. My subs would include Colm O'Rourke, Liam Harnan, Brian Mullins, Mickey Linden, Greg Blaney and Bernard Flynn.

(Jaysus I have some time for them Meath feckers)

Jaysus, I completely forgot about Seamus Moynihan. He'd be very close as well, although I don't think he'd dislodge my half backs or full back.

tieroan

Spethinite, no Peter Canavan?! Is everyone else wrong. I know it is all about opinions but come on man.

Minder

Quote from: Double Cross on March 19, 2008, 12:49:35 AM
1 Brian McAlinden
2 Kieran McKeever
3 Francie Bellew
4 Tony Scullion
5 T O Se
6 Geezer
7 The Pony
8 A Tohill
9 B Magilligan
10 M Fitzgerald
11 G Blaney
12 Oisin
13 M Linden
14 P Canavan
15 The Gooch

You must not have seen too many greats in action if you have "The Gambler" on your team
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sean3

1 John O'Leary
2. Robbie O'Malley
3. John O'Keefe
4. Tony Scullion
5. Paul Curran
6. Seamus Moynihan
7. Martin O'Connell
8. Jack O'Shea
9. Brian Mullins
10. Maurice Fitz
11. Matt Connor
12. Pat Spillane
13. Colm Cooper
14. Peter Canavan
15. John Egan

Might have to put the Bomber into that full forward line at half time to liven things up a bit

AZOffaly

Feck sake. John Egan as well.

Maybe we should pick a 'Favourite Provinicial teams' to contest a savage Railway Cup

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 19, 2008, 11:02:37 AM
Feck sake. John Egan as well.

Maybe we should pick a 'Favourite Provinicial teams' to contest a savage Railway Cup
Jaysus AZ, are you trying to start a civil war or what? :D :D

AZOffaly

There's too many great players I've been lucky enough to see. And this list is by nature excluding some very good players with counties who haven't won much. My Leinster team would probably include Kevin O'Brien from Wicklow and Dessie Barry from Longford as well.

mouview

In this thread so far, the mind boggles at the inclusion of Trevor Giles and cannot even comprehend the exclusion of Padraig Joyce, arguably the best forward ever to come out of Connacht.  Astonishing!!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mouview on March 19, 2008, 11:15:46 AM
In this thread so far, the mind boggles at the inclusion of Trevor Giles and cannot even comprehend the exclusion of Padraig Joyce, arguably the best forward ever to come out of Connacht.  Astonishing!!

Ye can't beleive no one has picked joyce yet one of the best , will do up a team later on when i have more time
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

That's like saying he's the tallest pygmy :)

Ah I jest. I considered Joyce, but I considered him as a full forward, and I couldn't see him being better than Maurice, Gooch or Canavan. Nor Linden to be honest.
Michael Donnellan has a case for half forward, but again, Pat Spillane, Matt Connor and Graham Geraghty are better in my opinion.

There's too many good players, and I've watched too many of them, to make this an easy task.

mouview

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 19, 2008, 11:19:01 AM

That's like saying he's the tallest pygmy :)

Ah I jest. I considered Joyce, but I considered him as a full forward, and I couldn't see him being better than Maurice, Gooch or Canavan. Nor Linden to be honest.
Michael Donnellan has a case for half forward, but again, Pat Spillane, Matt Connor and Graham Geraghty are better in my opinion.

There's too many good players, and I've watched too many of them, to make this an easy task.

The tallest pygmy? From a province that has produced Dermot Earley, Packie McGarty, Tom Langan, Micky Kearns, Frank Stockwell, Mattie McDonagh, Michael Donnellan and the peerless Purcell.... ah well.. !!

AZOffaly

I said I jest :D A lot of the names you mentioned there would have been before my time of remembering them, lads like the Terrible twins would only be stories like Ring and Mackey to me. I remember Dermot Early alright, but you didn't mention Val Daly, and I always thought he was a great player.

Rufus T Firefly

Billy Morgan

Robbie O'Malley             John O'Keefe              Tony Scullion

Paddy Moriarty                  Geezer                     Ger Power                

Jack O'Shea      Brian Mullins

Anton O'Toole              Greg Blaney                  Pat Spillane

John Egan                    Matt Connor                 John Corvan