An Mhí v An Cabhán

Started by thejuice, March 11, 2008, 12:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Our favourite neighbours are coming to Navan on saturday. With Cavan propping up the table I'd normally be confident of a Meath win but if it werent for the Cork points we'd be sitting next to em. No news out of Meath just yet on team selction though we might be carrying injuries with O'Rourke, Bray, Sheriden and Farrell which doesnt leave us with much attacking options.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Claw

Dunno what to make of this one. Meath can only get better but if Cavan are going to beat their rivals at any time, this is their best chance. Injuries are not the only problem, midfield was poor against Westmeath as was the half back line. Meath are in real trouble if they put three bad performances back to back.

Maguire01

With Armagh, Monaghan and Dublin still to play, this is surely a 'must win' for the royals.

thejuice

Indeed it is.

The midfield was bad and if only we could get Antony Moyles to play in all positions in the half back line we'd be alright. Ignoring injuries for now we have plenty up front but not much in defence except for Moyles, King and Fay.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Claw

Quote from: thejuice on March 11, 2008, 02:33:51 PM
Indeed it is.

The midfield was bad and if only we could get Antony Moyles to play in all positions in the half back line we'd be alright. Ignoring injuries for now we have plenty up front but not much in defence except for Moyles, King and Fay.
Were you in Mullingar Juice? Moyles had a nightmare, he gave no protection to Fay. He went centre forward and then full forward and was worse, not that he was the only one not to play well. Fay was destroyed by Glennon, though a number of factors contributed to that. Moyles left an acre of space in front of him, Coyler left him on Glennon when it was plain to everyone in Cusack Park that he wasnt going to be able for him, and also, there was no pressure on the ball coming into him, they had all day to pick the pass.
In saying that, the back were no really the problem, I thought McGill, McGuinness,King and Harrington when he came on were all solid. In my opinion the half forward line. We really need O Rourke and Ward (terrible to be relying on lads so young) to be the link men. Peader Byrne works hard but most of the time has blinkers on. The Westmeath Half back line attacked for fun all day, and a lot of that was done when Meath had the extra man!

Jinxy

Did Peadar get a straight red the last day?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Claw

No, too yellows, the second was for a stupid late tackle, if only he had a head...

thejuice

Quote from: The Claw on March 11, 2008, 03:33:48 PM
Were you in Mullingar Juice?

I listened to it online and read paper reports for my info. My comments on Moyles are on his overall performances which i think are ususally very good.

magpie seanie

QuoteFay was destroyed by Glennon

How much did Glennon score from play?

Croí na hÉireann

Thought Moyles was one of ur better performers, but since he was trying to put out fires all over the place his impact was probably limited.

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 11, 2008, 04:59:38 PM
QuoteFay was destroyed by Glennon

How much did Glennon score from play?

3 points
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Claw

Yeah three points but it wasnt even that, every ball that went into the Westmeath forwards went to Glennon and he either scored or set up someone else.
Wasnt jumping on you there Juice, i just think that Moyles is still not the answer to CB, he has a great engine and I am a fan but most of his good performances come from CHF, just not sure he's an out and out defender.. They seem to have lost interest in putting him midfield.

thejuice

Quote from: The Claw on March 11, 2008, 06:23:49 PM
Yeah three points but it wasnt even that, every ball that went into the Westmeath forwards went to Glennon and he either scored or set up someone else.
Wasnt jumping on you there Juice,

I know you'd never do that,

Its true what you say, he's hard to place because i tihnk his best work is done in midfield even though he's not one you'd place there.

cavanmaniac

It's a sad day when the Cavan bize can't be arsed to post in a Meath v Cavan thread...the wheels truly are coming off

Is Hardy off gathering stones or something?

BallyhaiseMan

i refuse to share a thread with stone throwing bog men  ;D

i am with CC1 on this, i cant see any reason for optimism about this year.

one good half and one decent half of performance is all that ive seen from Cavan this year.

Meath by 5 im afraid.

mylestheslasher

Well I think Cavan are going to win despite having a manager with his head up his arse. Don't know where this optimism has come from as I have been depressed about the state of Cavan football for over a month now. Anyhow, Larry Reilly (sorry - Lawrence of Knockbride) told me to put the house on them at 11-4 with Boyle Sports so I did that yesterday. I'd say there will be a very poor crowd down from Cavan for this one though.