Billy Connolly - "Too Old To Die Young" Tour

Started by ziggysego, March 08, 2008, 10:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Billy Connolly - "Too Old To Die Young" Tour

17 June 2008 -
26 June 2008

The greatest comedian of his generation returns to the Waterfront!

Tickets on sale from Monday 10 March at 9am.

Tickets are restricted to 8 per transaction.

Over 18s only.

PLEASE NOTE: No performances on 20 and 24 June
Testing Accessibility

FermGael

I thought he was playing 4 nights??
What happened to the other 2??
Any presale??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

FermGael

Great stuff.  Misread your post there.
Have always wanted to see the man live, so here's my chance.
Tickets i see are on sale on both Ticketmaster and also directly over the phone from the Waterfront
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

mannix

Billy moved to nyc recently i believe,he is a funny fella no doubt/

Leg End

we're here for a good time, not a long time

stew

Quote from: Leg End on March 08, 2008, 11:47:51 PM
probably the best comedian of all time

I agree with you but POG hates the man.

I just know pog will be on here pishin and moanin as usual.  :-\

I saw him live in Boston, he was incredible, the best of the best. I have seen a bunch of the headliners and he stands alone at the top of the heap. Cosby was wonderful, seinfeld was very good and Murphy was hilarious as was prior, But Connolly bate them all.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Square Ball

when do the tickets go on sale, when, when!!!

the funniest man ever
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

QuoteI agree with you but POG hates the man.

I just know pog will be on here pishin and moanin as usual.

I can't stand him!

I think you have to be of a certain age to like him, I'm not there yet.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hardy

I love him too, because he never fails to pass the only test of a comedian - he gets me laughing. When I try to figure out why, I can't, the same way I could never figure out why I started laughing at Tommy Cooper even before he opened his mouth. Connolly is just delivering a script that seems as if anyone could have written it. But funny is funny and he can't help being funny.

Thinking about it, it's probably that the script couldn't really have been written by anyone else - it's the subjects he chooses and the quirky insights he finds that are hilarious.

ziggysego

Quote from: Hardy on March 09, 2008, 01:45:49 PM
Thinking about it, it's probably that the script couldn't really have been written by anyone else - it's the subjects he chooses and the quirky insights he finds that are hilarious.

It is well known that Billy never writes a script and has no idea what he will talk about, before going on stage. It just comes to him when he's in front of a live audience. So the 6 nights at the Waterfront will be different shows.
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

I dunno about that Ziggy. I've never seen him live, but I'm sure I've seen him deliver the same material at different times on TV and DVD. I don't just mean the songs or the famous jokes - "Ivan The Terrible" or "pissin in the Bovril" etc., but even the long seemingly directionless monologues. I'd say he possibly doesn't know which set piece he will got to next, but it's not just funny stuff off the top of his head.

ziggysego

Prehaps Hardy. I've no doubt he has a set piece to get through. I've most of the DVDs as well, but he does go off on mad tangents, which are on the spot. That's the stuff I love him for.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

he is just funny, he is the only one I watch that has me laughting out loud, there are others that are funny, but laughting until it hurts, no one beats Billy.

he said that his stories used to be based on an element of truth, but he has told that many lies that he cannot remember what is the truth and what isnt
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Maguire01

I thought he was funny when i was younger, but watched a few bits of his DVDs over Christmas for about 20 mins before i had to turn it off.  Not even slightly funny.