Victoria Square to change Belfast?

Started by spiritof91and94, March 06, 2008, 09:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

I was in the Victoria Square Shopping Centre today and think it will really improve the city in all aspects - any thoughts?

Minder

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on March 06, 2008, 09:49:37 PM
I was in the Victoria Square Shopping Centre today and think it will really improve the city in all aspects - any thoughts?

Change it in what way?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Sick of the news drooling over it all week. How can you dedicate 20mins to the opening of a shopping mall?
Testing Accessibility

illdecide

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on March 06, 2008, 09:49:37 PM

I recently left the company who designed it and I'm sick looking at that place already. When you worked on it almost every day for a few years you get bored with it but i have to say it looks the part.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Minder

My friend worked on it about three years a go when it was basically a hole in the ground, one night someone broke into one of the offices/portakabins and shit on the floor and ate a few bags of crisps that were there, there were also laptops and digital cameras that the cat burglar ignored. The perpetrator is still at large.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Lecale2

I was listening to Radio Uladh yesterday morning. To hear that p***k Jim Rodgers you'd think he'd designed and built it himself.

lynchbhoy

will prob take a trip up there some weekend soon to have a look, calling in at ikea on the way.

If its a shopping centre with low end shops full of local riff raff, then it wll denegrate to being a sh*t hole pretty quickly, if its too high end, people wont be able to afford the stuff in it and , the businesses will end up closing and the lower end shops will move in, so the place will end up being a sh*t hole.
Lets hope there are some mid/high range shops that will be decent and keep the place in deent order

The Watcher Pat

Work just across the street from it and took a dander over yest...Like the look of the food court upstairs...McD's, Pizza Hut, Nando's, a steak house and think there's a KFC as well....Handy for lunchtimes....Just watch the weight piling on..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

johnneycool

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 07, 2008, 12:33:31 PM
Work just across the street from it and took a dander over yest...Like the look of the food court upstairs...McD's, Pizza Hut, Nando's, a steak house and think there's a KFC as well....Handy for lunchtimes....Just watch the weight piling on..

low end of the market it is then

lfdown2

great spot, high to mid end shops, from hugo boss to river island that sorta thing, though hard to keep the 'rif-raf' out lad in front of me in it turned round to reveal the chain he was wearing with a revolver on it, classy guy!!

5 Sams

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 07, 2008, 11:06:40 AM
If its a shopping centre with low end shops full of local riff raff, then it wll denegrate to being a sh*t hole pretty quickly,

I heard some oul doll on the Fat Boy Nolan Show the other morning asking if there was any "pound" shops in it??

I remember some of the lower end shopping "malls " in Belfast when I worked in the city a few years ago...there was one in High St (Hi Park Centre???) and then of course there was the Park Centre....wall to wall millys and spides :-\
The Aristocrat Years

ziggysego

I used to like the Park Centre 5 Sams....
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Fcuked if I know hardstation. Me thinks 5 Sams is a shopping snob ;)
Testing Accessibility

5 Sams

Read my post lads....I said the "lower end" malls....did I say there was anything wrong with them??????.....apart from the Millys and the Spides ;)
The Aristocrat Years

feetofflames

Theres an age old saying which might be appropriate for these uns hardstation
"People in glass houses should never ever throw naked parties"
Chief Wiggum