3 Brothers on the same county team is it a record

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, March 02, 2008, 09:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoyler

Back in the 30s there were seven McDonald brothers playing for Fermanagh. All big men one of them was principal of the VEC school in Belturbet and only died about 2 years ago.

Hardy

brokencrossbar1

As far as Pints if concerned Cullyhanna are all a shower of inbred fcukers, maybe not all brothers but definitiely related ;D

corn02

Three ORourke brothers played against Westmeanth las tweek for fucks sake.

orangeman

How did the Kernans do today ? It sounded like Armagh could and should have won the match ?

Gnevin

At the 3 Brogans for Dublin a couple of weeks ago.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

mylestheslasher

Beat this one....

When Cavan defeated Meath in the 1952 All Ireland Final Des and Liam Maguire played on the successful Cavan team while their younger brother Brendan played on the Meath team!

corn02

Did Val Kane play in a minor All-ireland and senior all ireland semi on the same day for Down. Not related I know but while were on amazing feats....

john mcgill

Brendan Maguire went on to become sheriff of San Mateo County in California.  He was so popular that even when he died one month before the election, he was voted in sheriff for another term.

Hound

Re the famous Kerry brotherly trios - the Spillanes and the O'Se's - have they any other brothers who werent good enough to play at that level, or was it just the 3 brothers in each case?

doire na raithe

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 02, 2008, 06:11:48 PM
As far as Pints if concerned Cullyhanna are all a shower of inbred fcukers, maybe not all brothers but definitiely related ;D

Surely this contravenes rule 4. Inappropriate posts, incitement or racist posting. I will be reporting this immediately and I hope you are dealt with appropraitely.

under the bar

QuoteOk but non of them woud be as famus as the Kernans.

For playing football or diesel-running? ;D

Smiler An Dun

three Deegans' on the Down AI winning panel of 94.  Connor played thru the whole campaign at midfield, Gerard was used in the early stages, don't think Gregory got a game tho.

Bogball XV

Quote from: corn02 on March 02, 2008, 08:14:06 PM
Did Val Kane play in a minor All-ireland and senior all ireland semi on the same day for Down. Not related I know but while were on amazing feats....
Think McGuigan did for Tyrone in '74?  Also McEniff might have for Donegal around about the same time (he was probably managing both teams too!!).

Aerlik

There were four sets of brothers on the Derry panel in 1993; Tohills, McCuskers, McGurks, Downeys with two playing in the final, McCuskers and Downeys.

Didn't a whole litter of the Fennely's of the famous Ballyhale Shamrocks club not play for Kilkenny at the same time in the '70s and '80s?  There was awheena Donnellys from Ballycastle playing for Antrim hurling team at the same time  I think.  Maybe some of the infidels from the east could confirm that one for us.

And then there were the Uncle and nephew combination of the O'Kanes playing for the Coo Hallions and Antrim.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!