Fitzgibbon updates?

Started by mouview, February 29, 2008, 01:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

should be a.... thriller. thanks for the up dates
Pull hard and early

Tatler Jack

Saw the second half on TG4 and then caught the extra time live. Great game and a pity there was a loser. Nothing between the teams and W'ford got the breaks in extra time. 

orangeman

That had to be one of the most exciting contests ever ?? It was a real classic in terms of the occasion and the excitement - fair play to both sides for serving up a thriller !

youngfella

Will it come out on dvd do yo think ? would love to watch
Pull hard and early

orangeman

I'm sure WIT will have copies on sale soon !  ;)

youngfella

Watching the final from this fella, http://www.youtube.com/user/Benandonner1. Have a look, i think that the LIT fellas seemed to go down wild easy for such big guys. Big joes dead balls are unreal, but he seemed to do nothing from play, Credit to the chap marking him. Galway better hope he can get his act together.
Pull hard and early

youngfella

aye mate he had a stormer, totally unreal. For a fella of Joes size and strength he should be able to clear himself a bit a space to get away a shot. Just watching the videos im  amazed by how easy some of the LIT fellas when down looking for frees.  Wonder should davy have pulled Joe into half forward or middle of the park for 5 mins to mix things up?
Pull hard and early

youngfella

Thought he looked a bit heavy myself, a fat student! How can he be slow and carrying weight, he's working with LIT, Portmna and Probably galway, maybe thats the answer in itself or hes just lazy and fond a food and drink. Id imagine if he were any other player davy fitz would of had him of like a shot.
Pull hard and early

imtommygunn

I'd be very interested to see Canning play in the seniors and see how he measures up. Definitely like you guys say he does seem a bit overweight but he nearly has enough ability to make up for it. Mind you, to be honest, Galway have had Cloonan and Farragher playing for the last few years, and no disrespect to either, but their input was predominantly from frees so he wouldn't be much different, worst case, to them.

I watched that game on Saturday. Fair play to WIT - it must be soul destroying seeing sidelines going over from all angles and frees from all distances. 1-16 is some scoring.Showed a lot of character to get back from that In saying that I'd say Eoin Reid scored a lot more from play than Canning and TJ was no slouch either. Expected more from Niall Healy to be honest.

milltown row

it got to the point where the players could not even give away a sideline ball from the half way line. joe as i said in another thread looked a bit on the top heavy side and looked a bit lazy. i'm sure he was told to take it easy he took some belts from the fullback and the guy think no. 23 ginger haird man was lucky to stay on the field couldnt strike ball but i think he wasn't on to do anything other than blatter people.

was funny that later on tg4 that Bonner and davy fitz were in action against each other in the 97 final.

Croí na hÉireann

Savage game of hurling, exactly what was needed on a hungover Saturday afternoon, shame there had to be a loser, well done to all concerned (even that madman Davy Fitz)...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

JKB

does anyone know were i could get a dvd copy of all the matches, the fitzgibbon semi finals and final. watched the semi's on friday, both were excellent games. and i missed the final on saturday because i was traveling home, the youtube link hasnt got the best of picture. any information would be greatful. and just to comment on the joe canning issue, yes he does look like he is carrying a bit of weight but he is not the only player to do that around this time of year, im sure that if he plays for galway seniors in the summer loughnanne will have in in fine shape, and if he is destroying teams when he's overweight wat will he do if he gets it off. p.s a good bet for the year after watching the semi finals...anthony nash to win the poc fada this year, that man has an unbelievable puck on him.  :o

lynchbhoy

it was a good game to watch, but I switched it over with a few minutes to go with my old college behind by a few points and I couldnt stomach to see them beaten.
You can imagine my shock and delight when opening up the papers the following day to see they had won in extra time - and I had missed it !

Some unbelieveable scores by both sides - they made a mockery of the wet conditions which usually hamper free scoring hurling games!

a great advert to kids and non hurling folk!

GAA_Punter

Anyone hear anything from todays matches ?

GAA_Punter

Some latest scores in

Waterford IT 0-03 1-00  GMIT, Waterford,

NUI Galway 0-06 0-02 DIT, Dangan,

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/?p=6002