Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uselessfootballer

On the assumption that none of the longterm injuriesie. Dooher, Gormley, Mcguigan, Gormley, Holmes, Gourley or Cavlan are fit my pick for Dublin would look like

1.McConnell

2.Ricey 3.C McGinley or Joe McMahon 4.McGee

5.D Harte 6.Enda McGinley 7.D Carlin

8.Kevin Hughes 9.S Cavanagh

10.T McGuigan 11.Mugsy 12.R Mellon

13.Penrose or N Gormley 14.P Rouse 15.A McCarron

C McGinley's lack of mobility worries me so if fit I'd put in Joe Mc.

Reckon that Enda Mc would do a great job sweeping-up and starting plays at no.6 until Gormley returns

Although the Full Forward line lacks experience, the new guys have all looked good so far and very few experienced options exist. Think that big Rouse has the potential to bring a slightly different dimension to the attacks and would keep Mugsy in the centre had a big game their against derry.

Still a strong team as they seem to have relative sharpness at the moment, they diffently won't get a hiding

Gnevin

Quote from: downredblack on January 18, 2007, 11:20:04 AM
50,000 tickets gone already , Saw Doctors must have more fans than I thought . Have the AD's started on the TV yet ? Sell out under lights should be some craic .

Yeah see one last nite it was crap
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Over the Bar

Quote from: forkinknife on January 18, 2007, 11:02:06 AM
My hope, and the hope of the nation, is that these two teams, prone to controversy, represent the Games with decorum.

If that statement was any more sanctimonious, it would probably have to come from the mouth of G W Bush.   What you really mean is - I hope there'll be a dusting match so I can be the first to point the finger. 

Rois

Will the All Stars trip have any effect on the Tyrone crew?  I think they're due back around 29 Jan, just a few days before the game.

realredhandfan

The sight and atmosphere of the hill 16 packed to the rafters at night will be glorious.  I wish I could be there...  btw is this match being put on TV not internet Tv which I can watch in a pub in London, which Im told is...... :( :'( - a shopping mecca for da ladies...

supersarsfields

Well said over the bar!!
Should be interesting game. Dublin will def be well up for it to show they are real contenders this year. And Tyrone will be keen to try and put all events of 2006 behind them!!
Will enjoy seeing a few of the younger ones getting a chance as a few of the older heads like Dooher, O Neill and McGuigan will be missing. That was the problem last year we didn't have any surprises on the bench that we could bring on in a tight spot.
Not too sure about Rouse playing at full forward. Tyrone's game plan was playing the running ball and giving the ball into the spaces for players to run into. I'm not sure if the gameplan will adapt enough to have a big target man as i would be kinda worried about how quick Rouse would be in the space of Croke Park!! But it would be great if it did succeed. ( Course we'd have to listen to then cute Kerry wans telling us we're just copying them!!) It would give us another option to our game plan.

Cant wait should be good!!

Over the Bar

QuoteThe sight and atmosphere of the hill 16 packed to the rafters at night will be glorious.

I doubt if the Hill will be packed like in a championship game 'cos when it's not full it doesnt look at all as impressive.  I hope I am proved wrong but on a cold February nite I just can't see it happening.

Hound

The closer the game gets, the more disapponted I am that I won't be able to attend. I'll be in cardiff - hoping in vain that some pub has managed to get Setanta Ireland.

Tyrone's conveyor belt of talent is scary. Still it is a game Dublin should win. But "should" is a lot different from doing, especially as there'll be more pressure on the Dubs.

I do feel that we're destined to meet again in the championship.

tayto

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 18, 2007, 12:55:08 PM
QuoteThe sight and atmosphere of the hill 16 packed to the rafters at night will be glorious.

I doubt if the Hill will be packed like in a championship game 'cos when it's not full it doesnt look at all as impressive.  I hope I am proved wrong but on a cold February nite I just can't see it happening.

I'm not sure if it's true but i heard hill tickets are hard enough to come by, might be better of standing on a cold night then sitting in the stands. 

Mid Mon

have the dublin school kids received thousands of free/highly reduced price tickets? the number of kids at the aussie rules was a nightmare for stewards all wanting to sit beside their friends and their mentors would only assist by saying "we have that ticket as well some people have still to come in"

DUBSFORSAM1

Hound

With a squad including
Goals - Cluxton, Leonard
Full back line - Griffen, Henry, Shaughnessy, Cahill, Christie,  O'Se
Half backs - Cullen,  Casey, Moran,  Goggins, Brennan, Magee
Mid-field - Whelan,  Ryan,  Magee, O'Mahony
Half forwards - Lally, Brogan, Cosgrove, Bonner, Connolly, Murray
Full forwards - Quinn, Sherlock, Keaney, Brogan, O'Callaghan, Vaughan

and with only  Christie/Whelan/Goggins/Magge being old out of that it isn't bad for talent...

lynchbhoy

word is that Moran will be CHB for dublin with cullen at FB.

tayto

DUBSFORSAM1

I couldn't see them moving Cullen that far back - would take him too much out of the play I would think...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on January 18, 2007, 01:46:45 PM
I couldn't see them moving Cullen that far back - would take him too much out of the play I would think...

I wouldnt put him there either, I'd also have cullen at chb before moran
but they will be tried in these positions - or so someone said to me.
Then again someone else could be taking the p**s out of him.

The originator of the source would usually have a bit of an insight into the team selection.

Also Paddy Christie is fit and raring to go this season.