Previous topic - Next topic

Preferred Draft Date/Time

Today afternoon
Wednesday afternoon
Thursday afternoon
Friday afternoon
Monday afternoon

Oraisteach

Sorry, AZ, there were two baseball threads open.  And now an even more obtuse question: where and how does the draft take place?  Is there a draft launcher on the website, once the draft date has been determined?  What is the draft order?

SammyG

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2008, 01:33:49 PM
Gone to extra innings now. Good start to the new season :) Brandon Moss homered in the 9th to make it 4-4, and the Sox have just taken a 6-4 lead in the 10th with another Manny Ramirez double, and 2RBI with 2 out.

Finished 6-5 to the Red Sox. Great game to start the season (and even better being able to watch it while stuck in a boring telephone meeting  ;D)

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 25, 2008, 01:57:13 PM
Sorry, AZ, there were two baseball threads open.  And now an even more obtuse question: where and how does the draft take place?  Is there a draft launcher on the website, once the draft date has been determined?  What is the draft order?

OK. One at a time. :D

Quotewhere and how does the draft take place?
The draft will take place at a time nominated by me, after asking people's opinion. It looks from the vote as if this will be Fri afternoon. It takes place via a java applet which you can launch from the league homepage when the draft is about to start, but you can test it before then. If you take part in the live draft, you will pick one player from the remaining players each time your turn comes around. If you do not/cannot take part, Yahoo will pick for you, based on your PRe-Draft player rankings. (See site)

QuoteIs there a draft launcher on the website, once the draft date has been determined?
A hyperlink will be on the league home page and when you click on that, the applet will launch. I would recommend testing your system first though. There's an option to do that on the home page as well.

QuoteWhat is the draft order?
That is determined approx 30 minutes before the draft. The only guarantee is that AZ Diamondbacks will have the last pick.  ::)

Gabriel_Hurl

SammyG

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 25, 2008, 02:26:45 PM
and I'll be 2nd last
And it doesn't matter which pick I get, I'll still be shite, come the season.

ONeill

I'm off-line til Monday so I'm at the will of the Gods.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Make sure you pre-rank so. Give yourself the best chance you can..

Oraisteach

Dumb-ass ceist eile.  In the settings, AZ, what do the letters BN mean under team roster?

dec

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 25, 2008, 06:50:52 PM
Dumb-ass ceist eile.  In the settings, AZ, what do the letters BN mean under team roster?
Bench ie. subs

AZOffaly

Quote from: dec on March 25, 2008, 06:51:44 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on March 25, 2008, 06:50:52 PM
Bench ie. subs

What he said. Once you fill the specified minimum positions 2 Catchers, 1 CF etc etc, you can pick any people in the BN position. What happens then is as you set your team for any given day/week, lads will be playing, missing a day etc etc, so you rotate the bench lads in and out in whatever position they play.

AZOffaly

Oakland are giving Boston a bit of a trimming in their second game in Tokyo. It's 4-0 in the middle of the fifth. Emil Brown hit a 3 run homer in the bottom of the third.

Gabriel_Hurl

Don't think I'll be around for the online draft - but I have ranked 23 players

AZOffaly

Good man Gab, I'd nearly forgotten myself. Draft at 2.00 this afternoon. Make sure ye use the 'test system' link, and rank your players if you can't run it, or make it to the draft. Also, if you do join, and have to leave PLEASE check the 'I'm away' box so that the computer knows to make a pick for you. Otherwise it will run down the 90 seconds each time it comes to you. That's a pain in the arse.

the onion bag

draft order:

hurl, helmets, no idea, o'neill, az, flmayo, st alco's, hitmen, sammy, gallballers, losers, res dubs, remmys, drumarg, limerick, hitters, woodenspoons, big apples

AZOffaly

5th!!!?? Holy jaysus. Now the pressure is on :)