Car help

Started by youngfella, February 25, 2008, 09:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Hello,

I have a difficult to make. I would like to get a car. My bro has offered me his old 1988 polo coup 1.3 for £500. However i have spotted 205 1.8 diesel 1992 for £150. I dont know enough about cars, so i have come on here to ask what people think of the two cars. Which is the best car and why? which will last longer? what thing do i need to look for when test driving them? Im a poor student so £150 is food for the year  :-\
Pull hard and early

Minder

great post youngfella.and i thought all the fun had gone out of this board
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Your brother is putting the arm in. Offer him a hundred quid, if not let him advewrtise his 1988 Polo for £500 and see how many takers he has

youngfella

Few do's guys thought i was a bit pricey myself. He seems to think he can get over that price for it on some VW nuts website. Miss youngfella was saying the same about walking and public transport. What you think of the cheap 205?
Pull hard and early

Lecale2

Keep walking until you can afford to buy something decent.

youngfella

how much will something decent cost?
Pull hard and early

Lecale2

youngfella

I might print that out and take it with me
Pull hard and early

Bar None

Agree stick to the walking and public transport, I never sat my test until I was 24 and only because it was a stipulation of a new job I just got, start driving and you end up dealing with all sorts of arseholes who think they can do what they want on the road and off the road, save yourself some stress and some money.