The Boomtown Rats

Started by Mickey Linden, February 25, 2008, 09:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

The boomtown rats were right, I dont like Mondays either! I had a doctors appointment today but it was cancelled cause the doctor was sick. Even the doctors in Lurgan phone in sick on a Monday! Maybe he was like me and had a few too many pints of carling yesterday enjoying the spurs! ;)

T Fearon

Skivers in Spadestown, what's new? Back in Portydown when this song came out originally there was a great parody version. It was called "I don't like Mundies, I'd rather have Sandemans or Buckfast!" ;D

Your Doctor is Dr G by any chance.

Gnevin

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 25, 2008, 09:54:04 AM
The boomtown rats were right, I dont like Mondays either! I had a doctors appointment today but it was cancelled cause the doctor was sick. Even the doctors in Lurgan phone in sick on a Monday! Maybe he was like me and had a few too many pints of carling yesterday enjoying the spurs! ;)
This is Alan Partridge esc , went he said some times i think Sunday bloody Sunday
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

I had a Doctor's appointment this morning too at 9.30am. I was there at 9.20am, but the Doctor didn't show up until 9.45am. Must be a Monday thing right 'nuf.
Testing Accessibility

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: Gnevin on February 25, 2008, 11:18:31 AM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 25, 2008, 09:54:04 AM
This is Alan Partridge esc , went he said some times i think Sunday bloody Sunday

It's about time someone mentioned Alan Partridge in here! Classic stuff. The handovers on air from Up with the partirdge to the happy-clappy 'morning jock' were hilarious.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Mickey Linden

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2008, 10:16:45 AM
Skivers in Spadestown, what's new? Back in Portydown when this song came out originally there was a great parody version. It was called "I don't like Mundies, I'd rather have Sandemans or Buckfast!" ;D

Dr Stewart hill street surgery Tony. Hope I dont bump into him in the Monday club this afternoon!

Billys Boots

Did Mr. Partridge do a BBC ad regarding teenage suicides too, or something? - I remember laughing anyway.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 25, 2008, 11:45:52 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2008, 10:16:45 AM

Dr Stewart hill street surgery Tony. Hope I dont bump into him in the Monday club this afternoon!

Are you going to Billy Elvis and Bap's roadshow?
You'll end up in the stables with all the Chinese workers and Taxi men.... ;D
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Had a good oul glass and beer fight happen around me in a Lurgan 'hostile'ry on Saturday night. By Mondays, the crocs are definitely out on the street.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on February 25, 2008, 12:53:08 PM
Had a good oul glass and beer fight happen around me in a Lurgan 'hostile'ry on Saturday night. By Mondays, the crocs are definitely out on the street.

Where was that? Ashburn? Some weeks its real quiet and others there are fights everywhere.....Too many Foreigners and tinkers around Lurgan at the minute.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Nah, it was a wee bar that should well accommodate a lot of GAA heads judging by its recent change of ownership!

nrico2006

Ive been out in Lurgan most weekends for the past year now, the usual spots such as the courthouse, ashburn etc and have yet to see a fight - go to somewhere like Strabane or Derry on a weekend night and the place is like a warzone.  You would literally see a dozen fights in clubs/pubs and outside them and on your way to the chippy!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'