Anchorman is on Tonight! 9:30pm on RTE2

Started by thebandit, February 21, 2008, 04:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Imposerous

Have to say, I love Will Ferrell but I think Anchorman is way overrated.

Puckoon

I havnt watched it. But I dont like it already. Movies where will farrell has any more than a 20 minute total appearance havnt been that funny to me. Old school was good.

ExiledGael

Need to be in the mood. When you are it's brilliant, nothing funnier.

clarshack

honestly thought it was rubbish. turned it off after 30 minutes. give me bill murray any day of the week.

ziggysego

I enjoyed the film and laughed out loud in parts, however I don't think it's near as good as the hype.

I'm a bit like clarshack above me there, I'd sooner watch a Bill Murray film.
Testing Accessibility

stew

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 07:20:31 PM
I enjoyed the film and laughed out loud in parts, however I don't think it's near as good as the hype.

I'm a bit like clarshack above me there, I'd sooner watch a Bill Murray film.

Anchorman was funny in parts, some of it was downright tripe as well though.

I bought it when it first came out on DVD and have watched it once, an average movie at best.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Mayo4Sam

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

People know me.

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Love it, one of my favourite quotes of all time
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

pintsofguinness

NOt a big fan of it and I like Ferrell, Blades of Glory and the Ballad of Ricky Bobby where far better.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: thebandit on February 21, 2008, 04:19:47 PM
A legendary piece of film making

How so?

the Godfather was legendary.

caddyshack is legendary.

Anchorman is humorous but if you look at say Dumb and dumber and kingpin Anchorman pales in comparison.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Estimator

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 21, 2008, 09:50:55 PM
NOt a big fan of it and I like Ferrell, Blades of Glory and the Ballad of Ricky Bobby where far better.

Thought Ballad of Ricky Bobby was poor in comparison to Anchorman and Blades of Glory.
Looking forward to Semi-Pro!!
Ulster League Champions 2009

ziggysego

Quote from: Estimator on February 21, 2008, 09:53:43 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 21, 2008, 09:50:55 PM

Thought Ballad of Ricky Bobby was poor in comparison to Anchorman and Blades of Glory.
Looking forward to Semi-Pro!!

Jesus, Blades of Glory was terrible and Ricky Bobby was watchable at best.
Testing Accessibility

J70

I think I watched 20 minutes of Anchorman once before turning it off. Awful stuff altogether. He's not bad in supporting cameos like in Starsky and Hutch or Wedding Crashers, but any film in which I've seen him in a lead role has been terrible.

Rav67

Quote from: stew on February 21, 2008, 09:52:52 PM
[Anchorman is humorous but if you look at say Dumb and dumber and kingpin Anchorman pales in comparison.

Agree with that, other 2 considerably better.  Anchorman is very watchable and has a few hilarious scenes but baffles me how a lot of people say it is the funniest film ever.