I'll back myself in public
16 (61.5%)
please stop picking on me
3 (11.5%)
you'll never use a keyboard again
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Bar None

It is an amazing forum though, I mean someone can condone physical punishment on toddlers, condone young men being battered to death, can have complete and utter contempt for everyone and anyone calling them all sorts of obscenities and then take exception when someone questions them or returns the complement, an amazing place.  ::)

pintsofguinness

Barnone,
I never condoned anyone being battered to death.
I have never called anyone any obscenities.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Bar None

No you haven't!

Edit Who said you did? Maybe a case if the cap fits!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Bar None on February 24, 2008, 08:17:08 PM
It is an amazing forum though, I mean someone can condone physical punishment on toddlers, condone young men being battered to death, can have complete and utter contempt for everyone and anyone calling them all sorts of obscenities and then take exception when someone questions them or returns the complement, an amazing place.  ::)

Who are you talking about?

Maybe I wrongly assumed it was me since you've spouted this type of thing before and made the post immediately after mine.

Treasurer

Bring back the chat room - where we could all fight and insult each other without any rules/banning/reporting etc.  If the rules were applied in there, half of us would have been banned permanently at some point!

stew

Quote from: Treasurer on February 24, 2008, 10:42:13 PM
Bring back the chat room - where we could all fight and insult each other without any rules/banning/reporting etc.  If the rules were applied in there, half of us would have been banned permanently at some point!

Ah treas, you hit the nail on the head, I loved the aul chat room altogether. having three aliases up at the same time, messing with the likes of star, laois and armaghfan. Ah those were the days. :'(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Treasurer

Quote from: stew on February 24, 2008, 11:12:23 PM
Quote from: Treasurer on February 24, 2008, 10:42:13 PM

Ah treas, you hit the nail on the head, I loved the aul chat room altogether. having three aliases up at the same time, messing with the likes of star, laois and armaghfan. Ah those were the days. :'(

I know Stew, some classic windups went on in there, not to mention rows !

ziggysego

I used to love winding you up in there treas, Are you an Armagh woman? lol
Testing Accessibility

passedit

I have reported the mods tothe mods for being too soft.

Had a wee look on AFR there and the boss man there sure knows how to wield the old sledgehammer against that damned nut.

http://www.anfearrua.com/db.asp?a=topicdisplay&tid=446920&xpos=0

He's also gone and closed the Limousin cattle thread, which was the best thread on there in many a day.

http://www.anfearrua.com/db.asp?a=topicdisplay&tid=436611&xpos=140

The mods would need to look to their laurels if they're to keep up with the indigenous competition nevermind the pakistan or chinese govts.

c'mon lads get the iron fist out.  :P
Don't Panic

pintsofguinness

I think we should have a little competition...the first one that gets mod1 or mod3 to break one of the rules (any means necessary) gets £100.00.  (I think I came closest with mod3 told me to grow up)
Hardstation will sponsor it. 

AZOffaly

Quote from: passedit on February 26, 2008, 08:31:03 PM
I have reported the mods tothe mods for being too soft.

Had a wee look on AFR there and the boss man there sure knows how to wield the old sledgehammer against that damned nut.

http://www.anfearrua.com/db.asp?a=topicdisplay&tid=446920&xpos=0

He's also gone and closed the Limousin cattle thread, which was the best thread on there in many a day.

http://www.anfearrua.com/db.asp?a=topicdisplay&tid=436611&xpos=140

The mods would need to look to their laurels if they're to keep up with the indigenous competition nevermind the pakistan or chinese govts.

c'mon lads get the iron fist out.  :P

It's gas to see the same posts, almost word for word, on some of the topics over there about AFR's moderating policies. Quality declining, board is dead, too many cliques, good posters leaving, censorship, bannings etc etc.

It's a common occurence it seems.

On another note, they have some really good posters over there, that also used to post on the GAABoard, until hurling became marginalised here, around 2002 when the Nordies took over :D. Lads like Shannonsider, FTJC, CCHA, Sid Wallace, all names fondly remembered :D

I used to post there as well, back in the day, but I think there was a big row. Why was that? I can't even remember :D I was tempted to re-join there last night, but in fairness, most of the topics are already discussed here. It's still a very entertaining read though, and a great place for the hurling. It'd be great if we got this board's hurling section up to that sort of level.

What is this 'TFK.COM' site they are talking about?

passedit

QuoteI used to post there as well, back in the day, but I think there was a big row. Why was that? I can't even remember Cheesy I was tempted to re-join there last night, but in fairness, most of the topics are already discussed here. It's still a very entertaining read though, and a great place for the hurling. It'd be great if we got this board's hurling section up to that sort of level.

What is this 'TFK.COM' site they are talking about?

I've been lurking there for years (have 40 odd posts) for the hurling but Mr Cahill appears to have flipped. I suspect a few lawyers letters have made him ultra cautious but banning someone for saying fcuk is a bit much. I fear the decent hurling posters will now defect to http://clarehurlers.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=general

Our hurling board suffers for the northern centric nature of the board as a whole despite the best efforts of a few. I wonder has the division of the board further marginalised it?

TFK is www.thefreekick.com which is ok for a bit of banter but not really a GAA site. If a transfer fee could be arranged for Bandage though he would be a great addition to the Neighbours, WWE and celtic threads.
Don't Panic

AZOffaly

I was in favour of the separation, because the Hurling posts get shoved to the bottom too quickly. There might not be too many posters who actively use it, but at least there are interesting topics in there.

I actually think this board is not badly set up in terms of the different 'fora'. I like it.

thebandit

I was in favour of it too, but I think it may have set the hurling threads back, because I know I never think to look in there now, and I'm sure other posters are the same.

AZOffaly

There's 10 pages of threads in there, and the ones on Birr and Dunloy, The Walsh Cup etc would be swamped on the main board within hours. If the balance became more 50-50 in terms of football/hurling posters, it could be all on one board. For now though, I think it's grand.