Gaillimh vs Tír Eoghain NFL 2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 19, 2008, 09:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Ach of course Cavlan won't get a recall - PR disaster for Tyrone.  I think Cavlan and Mickey both know better.

gerry

QuotePR disaster for Tyrone.

exactly, we don't need the hassle.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Was talking to a boy in Kerry and he claims to have been hugely impressed with Colm MCCullagh above all other Tyrone players a fortnight ago.

Always thought Colm would be more of a nippy goalscorer but have yet to see that - maybe two in my memory (v Down - or was that Penrose - in 2005) and Donegal last year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Don't think McCullagh scores many goals for Dromore either - and in his previous career he was a winger with Omagh Town & Newry City, not a striker. He's definitely good but not the leader Tyrone crave at the mo.

Good job the match wasn't on in Salthill today, the wind would have ruined it  :P

orangeman

The forecast is a poor one - the weather might still ruin it.

KIDDO 4

rrhf

Match is on Sunday at what time in Salthill.  I fancy a night in Galway, where would the traditional football pubs be on Saturday night for Tyrone and Galway folk.  also where would be a decent well priced hotel?

Fuzzman

Match is on Sunday at 2.30 I beiieve

Dont know is it on TG4 or not?

Try this link for hotels but lots of cheap B&B's too

http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv1875414/Hotels.aspx?k=Galway&r=0&n=0&d=20080301&rt=0,0&c=100

Star Spangler

Quote from: feetofflames on February 26, 2008, 02:16:55 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt Cavlan is needed back in the Tyrone panel.       
Dogs or no dogs, I wouldn't have him in the side anyhow.  He looks good when Tyrone are winning handy but since Meath in 96 he was never to be seen when the shit hit the fan.  Imo he's had nothing to offer for a long while so there's little chance of him having anything to offer now.

rrhf

Cheers Fuzz man
Do you think Penorse and Gormley offer better options.  If so you have made a good point.

tyssam5

Quote from: Star Spangler on February 27, 2008, 05:08:54 PM
Quote from: feetofflames on February 26, 2008, 02:16:55 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt Cavlan is needed back in the Tyrone panel.       
Dogs or no dogs, I wouldn't have him in the side anyhow.  He looks good when Tyrone are winning handy but since Meath in 96 he was never to be seen when the shit hit the fan.  Imo he's had nothing to offer for a long while so there's little chance of him having anything to offer now.

I know the whole team played well that day, but Calvan was a massive part of the win vs. Kerry in 2003. Caught about 3 or 4 kick-out in a row in the 1st half, what would we give to see something like that these days? I would agree that he wouldn't be an addition to the team now though, looked done last year.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: tyssam5 on February 27, 2008, 05:59:35 PM
I know the whole team played well that day, but Calvan was a massive part of the win vs. Kerry in 2003. Caught about 3 or 4 kick-out in a row in the 1st half, what would we give to see something like that these days? I would agree that he wouldn't be an addition to the team now though, looked done last year.

Exactly, if it was 5 years ago we'd have Cavlan on the team without doubt. Its 2008 though and Cavlan is past it, he was available in 2006 and 2007 and whenever he managed to get himself fit he flattered to decieve. Not the answer.

Aaron Boone

Long shot - Damian McCaul for full forward in Salthill.. Tyrone have not seen the best of this guy yet.

orangeman

Long shot - Damian McCaul for full forward in Salthill..

Have you been drinking - no doubt that he's a brillint defender but full forward ? Don't think so !

Aaron Boone

Putting McAnallen at full-back or Donaghy at full-forward were also long-shots at the time.
Tyrone need something to happen in the forward line.