Lecale 2, Kindly step forward...

Started by pintsofguinness, February 15, 2008, 12:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Sky

Looking at your rules does Rule 3 apply here in a round about way, irrespective if what the the originator of this thread said is conjecture or not.

stephenite

I think O'Neill has a point - every issue that we've recently had on this board have had this poster involved in one way or another. It may not be listed in the rules, but the nonsense that he has started in this thread should surely deserve a ban of some sort.

The guy thinks he's Emile Zola

Gaaboardmod3

Not really. It would be an issue if the poster knew that a previous incarnations 'real' identity was made known without the person's permission. Then if the person re-registered under a new ID and was 'outed' as being the previous username deliberately.

ONeill

My point is that that this could've been investigated internally. Pog could've pmed you or lecale or whoever if he was really interested in the subject matter.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: stephenite on February 15, 2008, 09:42:27 AM
I think O'Neill has a point - every issue that we've recently had on this board have had this poster involved in one way or another. It may not be listed in the rules, but the nonsense that he has started in this thread should surely deserve a ban of some sort.

This is dodgy territory. Despite what people think we are not about 'censorship' for the sake of it. One man's stupidity can be another's craic, and it's hard to legislate for that, it's very subjective. Rule 4 and 5 are sort of in play here, if we think someone is posting threads to deliberately make others 'lose the rag' or else are just posting 'nuisance' threads. However, it would have to be very blatant, and it's all a matter of opinion. I certainly do not want to be the thread police in terms of what's 'interesting' or not. I can assume some level of 'good taste' and 'good manners' alright, but that's about it. Essentially it boils down to 'Do we want a rule about WUMs, that is not covered by what we already have'. I don't want any other rules, and Wind Ups are part and parcel of boards like this. It's part of the craic, as long as it stays within boundaries of common manners and behaviour. Some of our best posters are Wind Up merchants at times.

One thing to bear in mind is that there is a contingency in the rules for

"We reserve the right to amend these rules if an unforeseen circumstance arises, but due reason will be communicated for such a change. We also reserve the right to take any action up to and including permanent ban for any issue not covered by the rules, if such an unforseen event is deemed to be serious enough."

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: ONeill on February 15, 2008, 09:51:34 AM
My point is that that this could've been investigated internally. Pog could've pmed you or lecale or whoever if he was really interested in the subject matter.

Without doubt. I agree 100%. Thing is, there is no rule being broken even if a poster has many aliases. I wouldn't give out that information if I was asked because
a) It's not an offence, and
b) I couldn't be 100% sure, all the time. I can be 100% sometimes, but not always.

The only reason I am responding in this thread, rather than deleting it and contacting POG and/or Lecale2 via PM, as I was asked to do, is that I want other people to know our stance on this.

ONeill

Fair enough. I withdraw my allegation of compliance.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stephenite

Thanks for the explanation Mod - still though, any chance of banning him anyway?

:P

Sky Blue

Surreal Steve

Quote from: stephenite on February 15, 2008, 09:42:27 AM

^^^what he said

his holiness nb

Surreal Steve, have you been here before under another name?

Your style reminds me of someone, I cant quite put my finger on who though.

Ask me holy bollix

thebandit

SS seems to be awful familiar very quick for a man with so few posts alright

Surreal Steve

Yes

The Real Slim Shady
Tony Fearon
Blacksheep
O'Neill
Bad Pints
A4SA
wesaysanchez
Rois

Just think the board is being ruined by this type of bickering/moaning.

edit: ill slip under the radar here again for awhile, let you established posters get on with things ::)

Red Sky

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 15, 2008, 12:18:07 PM
Surreal Steve, have you been here before under another name?

Your style reminds me of someone, I cant quite put my finger on who though.

Are you the GAABOARD graphologist?

Surreal Steve

Red Sky you dont have a big enough c**k post count to be posting in here