Lecale 2, Kindly step forward...

Started by pintsofguinness, February 15, 2008, 12:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Lecale2, you stand accused of

1.Posting under the name of Blacksheep
2.Posting under the name of Armagh4sam
3.Posting under the name of Sky Blue and making disgusting, vile remarks about disabled people and being responsible for another  board member receiving a warning.
4.Posting under the name of Aristotle Flynn and being responsible for further disgusting, vile remarks.

How do you plead? 

The Mighty Quinn, you stand accused of being an accomplice in all of the above.

I do not wish to get involved in any long drawn out thread or to break any GAA board rules, I simply wish to put these points to you and must also point out that it was not me who made the discovery – I'll let the other poster take credit if he so wishes.

I will return only to withdraw my allegations and apologise if I'm incorrect. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

1. O'Neill is finally off the hook concerning A4SA.

2. I think know that the mods can check this out - I hope they do

3. The rules should be applied fairly for everyone on the board. The mods are no slouches, I hope there hasn't been a blind eye turned (well maybe A4SA was slightly humorous)

4. If Lecale2 is the poster in charge of all of the above aliases, he is still well short of our resident lurker, Snowed Under.

Surreal Steve

Step forward POG, self-appointed saviour of the gaaboard

I think these revelations say a lot more about you than it does about lecale2

stephenite

Why not just report all of this in a PM to one of the mods?

rosnarun

if you have evidence produce it. its a bit thick . taking some  one good name on the basis of some one told me.
unless its proved to be true . i think sanctions against pintsofguinness are well in order.
say a day ban or your next 300 posts which ever is longer
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Red Sky

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 15, 2008, 12:04:12 AM
Lecale2, you stand accused of

1.Posting under the name of Blacksheep
2.Posting under the name of Armagh4sam
3.Posting under the name of Sky Blue and making disgusting, vile remarks about disabled people and being responsible for another  board member receiving a warning.
4.Posting under the name of Aristotle Flynn and being responsible for further disgusting, vile remarks.

How do you plead? 

The Mighty Quinn, you stand accused of being an accomplice in all of the above.

I do not wish to get involved in any long drawn out thread or to break any GAA board rules, I simply wish to put these points to you and must also point out that it was not me who made the discovery – I'll let the other poster take credit if he so wishes.

I will return only to withdraw my allegations and apologise if I'm incorrect.  

How do you know this, have you or your "associate" access to I.P address logged when someone posts or pure guesswork, seem to be pretty harsh allegations in my opinion.

As for the apology - mud sticks, seems you don't know or else you wouldn't have put this comment, so what is your agenda for making it then?

thejuice

Who really gives a shit? If someone finds posting under different alias' worthwile well its thier own sad life they're wasting.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Bud Wiser

Please don't ban Arma for Sam, arma for sam dus be donly bit of fn on the hole board.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Would find it very hard to believe that Lecale is responsible for multi-users, maybe at a stretch A4S but defo not Skyblue!
Tbc....

Gaaboardmod3

Hi All,

This thread concerns me on a number of fronts, but rather than delete the thread, as I have been asked to do, I would prefer to address the initial post, so that people are clear.

Firstly, you cannot be sure 100% of the time that one username is an alias for another poster. We can see IP addresses, which obviously help, and we can examine the nature of the posts, IF we are trying to find this out. Sometimes, however, multiple posters will appear to come from the same IP because of either ISPs assigning dynamic IPs, or a business or college routing multiple PCs through one gateway for the internet.

Secondly, and probably more relevant is that there is no rule on the GAABoard against having multiple identities. We (the mods) simply don't care if someone has a couple of aliases, for whatever reason. The only stipulation is that ALL aliases are subject to the same rules.

Occasionally, we will ban a poster for repeated transgressions of a rule, and they will re-register under a different name. If they immediately re-offend in the same manner, they will get another ban, without following the 1,2,3 strikes guideline. It is fairly easy to spot this scenario. Also, if someone has been banned for a particularly severe reason, and we suspect they have rejoined, they may well get a ban again.

Thirdly, I am uncomfortable with the 'You are accused' phrase, and also with the implication that there is an 'accomplice' in tracking down people's aliases. First of all, I want to be quite clear that this 'accusation' has nothing to do with me, or I'm sure with any other moderators. Whoever it is, there is no basis for 'accusing' lecale2, or any other poster, of anything regarding this kind of thing. And there is no requirement for Lecale to answer. Of course he can if he wishes.

Finally, I would have thought that someone on a Rule 9 advisory regarding feuding with another poster, and also on a Rule 2 warning would be a bit more careful about getting involved in another 'vendetta' against someone else.

So, pintsofguinness, I would ask you to grow up, and cop on to yourself.

gerry

Pints a few issues:

How do you know?
Why other poster tell you and not mods?
Why you and other poster not PM mods rather than start new thread?

if you had issues you should have pm mods rather than start this thread on hearsay.

loose talk costs lives they said once

hopefully mods will delete this thread soon
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Gaaboardmod3

gerry,

I have already decided not to delete this thread for the moment, because I want people to see our position on the multiple identities thing. However, you do raise very valid points.

If you have a problem with a poster, and want something done about it, PM or report them to the mods. The mods will look at the rules and decide if you have a case or not.

This thread is another pintsofguinness, or should I say 'bad' pints, stirring thread, and they are getting a bit old at this stage.

ONeill

What a load of horse-shit from a poster who is single-handedly turning this board into a run-of-the-mill bitching site like the majority of the rest online. The fact that the mods are buying in to it makes it worse. We're now a dime-a-dozen discussion site instead of the unique board we once were.

And ban me for that if you want.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaaboardmod3

Why would we ban you for that? That's constructive criticism. I don't think we are buying into anything though.