Princess Anne for Croke Park

Started by red hander, February 14, 2008, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoyler

Well pints how many of themi in South Armagh/north Louth have been answerable to the law to date?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: zoyler on March 04, 2008, 09:57:51 PM
Well pints how many of themi in South Armagh/north Louth have been answerable to the law to date?

That's not my problem, take it up with the police/guards.
They aren't the only ones the law aren't doing anything about in the area, in fact, we don't really have any law and order.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Zapatista

Zoyler are you saying that as some people have not been found guilty of certain crimes no one should be found guilty of any crimes. By definition do you believe that as not every crime will be solved no crime should be solved?

winsamsoon

As yet zoyler i think everyone has agreed that a criminal is a criminal so your point on this in invalid. I don't know how this argument has turned into this but i am sure there are loads of posters who live in the area you are talking about and i would say they are honest hard working people. I would also add that for years people who had been sort of close to the IRA and stepped out of the so called line where sent to Dundalk to live. This was wrong but so is insinuating that the whole of Dundalk and south Armagh are terrorists.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Zoyler you keep talking and i'll keep shovelling
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

deiseach

Quote from: stevetharlear on March 04, 2008, 12:42:31 AM
Quote from: deiseach on February 14, 2008, 07:27:30 PM
One of the downsides to the opening up of Croke Park (and I say this as someone who was broadly in favour of it) are all these bloody 'firsts'. First match, first match against a British team, first soccer match, first soccer match against a British team, first visit from a Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg, first decent attendance from Cork outside an All-Ireland final . . .
And that elusive first AI win this lifetime for the Deise... only kidding, sure that'll never happen.

Should Waterford land the McCarthy Cup, I can't imagine many would be saying that it's the first since the opening of Croke Park. In fact, I think you'd be the only one.

AZOffaly

In fairness it nearly would be the first since the opening of Croke Park. Or Jones' road even :D

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 05, 2008, 06:44:13 PM
In fairness it nearly would be the first since the opening of Croke Park. Or Jones' road even :D

Well, the Hogan Stand has come and gone since the last time :D

zoyler

Thankfully I have a life beyond the computer screen and only now reading the last few posts.

I'm an Armagh man so I have a fair idea as to what goes on.  The point I'm making is that some of those objecting to Princsess Anne in Croke Park have no difficulty with what most regard as criminality in so called Republican areas

Nally Stand

Zoyler, you are spouting some of the worst rubbbish I have been unfortunate enough to read on this site for a long time. C

onsidering we are having a discussion about the issue of the British Government having to come clean before their royal family should be welcome in Croke Park, we are taliking about how they need to come clean about their part in collusion. The british government has been found to have been involved in many hundreds of murders of innocent nationalists in Ireland over the last thiry years. To start mouthing off about smuggling is a desparate attempt to change the subject and I suspect is just a way for you to get you republican-bashing out of your system.

Secondly, why is it you seem to tar all republicans with the same brush. i.e. "criminals the lot of them" and speaking of "so called" republican areas? If an area is populated mainly by people of a republican outlook, it therefor can be termed as a republican area, whether you like it or not.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

zoyler

1) So called republican areas - I consider myself a republican but do not wish to be associated with those I regard as having stolen the name while behaving as fascists
2) I have no doubt that the British Goverment have been involved in collusion, cover up etc.  Can you think of any other organisation that might have been involved in similar conduct?
3) Where did I say that all republicans are criminals - I did not - However I will say that some who call themselves such most definately are.

illdecide

Quote from: zoyler on March 06, 2008, 10:34:50 AM
1) So called republican areas - I consider myself a republican but do not wish to be associated with those I regard as having stolen the name while behaving as fascists
2) I have no doubt that the British Goverment have been involved in collusion, cover up etc.  Can you think of any other organisation that might have been involved in similar conduct?
3) Where did I say that all republicans are criminals - I did not - However I will say that some who call themselves such most definately are.

you said that the people living aroung the border in big houses were fuel barrons etc etc ::) ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

To a certain extent Zoyler i actually agree with you. I would say now that the republican movement have become very very dodgy. Now obviously it is not all of them but the Quinn incident, the Northern bank these were all acts of criminality carried out by the republican movement . The Quinn incident in particular seems to have involved some kind of illegal fuel smuggling. This is criminality and should not be tolerated. So i would agree that criminality is criminality no matter how we try to gloss it up. But as some of the lads have said to compare this to British collusion adn cover up is slightly of the mark. There are some so called republicans that are complete gangsters, this actually takes away from the meaning of the IRA who where never supposed to be a criminal organisation but a protector of the people. The old IRA were involved in criminality too, for example stealing guns and importing weapons but this was whilst there was a war going on. They would have never have got their people labelled as criminals. The so called war is over there now exists a fragile peace, there is no room now for this behaviour. The focus should now be on building the community that we live in and not holding people to ransom (that goes on in certain areas, carried out by certain people). the republican movement has became slightly detached from the original plan. But again i think this is of the beaten track but i jsut had to get a rant on it :)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

zoyler

By the Old IRA I presume you are refering to the 1916-1923 period.  I do not regard their stealing guns and importing weapons as criminality though I have no doubt that full proceeds of the odd bank robbery may not have found their way to the central fund. 
There is no way that conduct at the time supported by the then Sinn Feins election victory can be compared to the activities of the modern day IRAs behaviour which was totally undmocratic and fascist.  Many of their 'economic' activities were to say the least selfserving and while I can accept that some of the fine houses in border areas are the result of honest toil there can be no doubt that many if not most are the result of illegal activity which was not subject to what any fair minded person would regard as proper police/revenue scutiny.

pintsofguinness

QuoteI can accept that some of the fine houses in border areas are the result of honest toil there can be no doubt that many if not most are the result of illegal activity which was not subject to what any fair minded person would regard as proper police/revenue scutiny.

As the owner of, what I consider, to be nice house in a border area I object to you classing me as probably being involved in criminal activity.  I know several owners of nice houses in the same area and all work bloody hard (honestly) to get them.
Your generalisation is beyond stupid.

What part of Armagh are you from?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?