New football boots

Started by hectorsheroes, February 13, 2008, 12:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on January 20, 2009, 10:16:17 AM
Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2008, 01:53:25 PM
They are a great boot alright but the toe used to always go out of mine after a while, you can insert whatever lame joke you see fit !

Always happens
Dunno a fcuk why this is ???

I'm the exact same, thats why I stopped buying them.  Mustn't be great quality because I'm guessing its the toe of your weaker foot going??? Whenever you plant your foot to kick, the foot slides up the boot so after time it busts them.  I'm assuming thats the reason.  Though this hasn't happened to any other boots I've had.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 20, 2009, 10:25:11 AM
Quote from: full back on January 20, 2009, 10:16:17 AM
Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2008, 01:53:25 PM
They are a great boot alright but the toe used to always go out of mine after a while, you can insert whatever lame joke you see fit !

Always happens
Dunno a fcuk why this is ???

I'm the exact same, thats why I stopped buying them.  Mustn't be great quality because I'm guessing its the toe of your weaker foot going??? Whenever you plant your foot to kick, the foot slides up the boot so after time it busts them.  I'm assuming thats the reason.  Though this hasn't happened to any other boots I've had.

Maybe its just that Im on the ball that much sk  :D

Puckoon

www.motorcitysoccer.com for anyone looking a good price in the US right now.

Carmen Stateside

Cheers for that Puck!
new pair needed as last year was sore on the last pair! ;D
Always have wore Copa mundial, seem to be always a nice fit!

Puckoon

Great prices carmen - I was between two pairs last summer, now I bought em both for the price of one. :D

Still you cant polish a turd as the man says.

PlayWithTheWind

Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Catch the high ball

Does anyone know where I could get a pair of Adidas Predator Mania's, size 11?
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Catch the high ball

Cheers for the link but holy fcuk look at the price of those yoks! Had a pair when they were first released, most comfortable boot I have ever worn and would like another pair. Would only be willing to pay £100 or less though.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

tyroneboi

The chances of you picking up a pair for £100 is between none and zero. That version is a real collectors item now and have seen them go on ebay for upwards of £250. Agree with you though, a really comfortable boot though i have found the recent adidas predator to be really good as well.

JimStynes

Had most of the 'best' boots from the variouse brands over the years and i reckon Copa Mundials are the best by far with Asics Testimonial coming in at 2nd place. I only ever buy Copa Mundials now when buying mouldies however the World Cup stud version of the same boot i find to be a completely different fit, dont like them. Cant find the perfect stud boots for me at all.

Aerlik

The best boots I ever had were a pair of Puma SPA Real.  They had a raised achilles support.  There was no fancy stiching on the leather either.  Asics are shite boots imo.  A bit like Nike, great runners shite boots.  I had a pair Patrick and they were nothing special.  Got very heavy with wet.  Anyone on here remember the Blackthorn boots of the late 70's and early '80s?
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

bigfrank

anyone have any latest websites for cheap footy boots!! Gaa season near over i know but my buddin soccer career could do with a fresh start :)

supersub

These boots are quality for the auld GAA, might have to order them from abroad however!

http://www.whatsyourteam.com.au/shop/prod9139.htm

Tony Baloney

Why do youse need £100 boots for fist passing a ball about? Surely a pair of Nike Air Jordan's would be the ticket.