Monaghan v Cavan

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 12, 2008, 11:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Bantys midweek team in last years championship always had 1 change. Whoever was named as 30 in the programme always started. This was said to me the morning of the Kerry match and it happened that day as well.

Maguire01

Yes, Banty always makes last minute changes, but he doesn't announce men with broken limbs on the team-sheet - even if the match is 2 or 3 days away!

BallyhaiseMan

One good year and the infidels think they can take out the Kings of Ulster Football  :D

OakLeaf

Quote from: bingobus on February 14, 2008, 03:00:17 PM
Quote from: OakLeaf on February 14, 2008, 11:48:12 AM
Yep, if you use that number then the texts will be displayed automatically on the website a few seconds later.

Is their any format for the texts eg Cavan 0-01 Monaghan 14-76   ;)  ;D would this do? For sending in club results we get a text out that we plug in the scores and return that to sender which is then automatically updated on the webpage.

I'd also include the time if you can: Cavan 0-1 Monaghan 1-4 (15 mins). Nore I'm a little more modest with the score!  ;) Still Monagahn to win.

thebandit

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 14, 2008, 06:12:08 PM
One good year and the infidels think they can take out the Kings of Ulster Football  :D

Cavan are more like the Queen Mother at this stage  :D

Frank Casey

Quote from: thebandit on February 14, 2008, 06:36:35 PM
[Cavan are more like the Queen Mother at this stage  :D

Fond of gin?
KERRY 3:7

donelli

anglocelt39

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

farniel

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 14, 2008, 01:14:21 PM
Quote from: farniel on February 12, 2008, 12:35:54 PM
Initially I thought this would be comfortable enough for Monaghan but the injury doubts over Lennon and the broken arm Colm Flanagan received at training last Sunday make this game more open than people think. If Lennon plays then Monaghan should win. If he doesn't then the draw would be a nice value bet for this one. Really looking forward to a nice local derby under lights  ;D
Where do these rubbish injury stories come from?  Both Lennon and Flanagan are in the team named for Sunday's game. Broken arms do not heal that quickly!  Seriously, where does this (mis)information come from?
Same team named as that lined out against Roscommon - D Freeman on bench, at least on the teamsheet.

At full strength, should be able to take this one now.
There was talk on another forum that Flanagan broke his arm at training. Obviously it's not true, haven't a clue where it came from. Can't see anything but a Monaghan win with this team.

GrandMasterFlash

In all seriosness lads let us not get too carried away with potential results. Monaghan are fielding a strong team (if it's the 15 that are named). I'd imagine the 'one change' for this one would be to start Damien Freeman which would drop McArdle/Flanagan to the bench. I'm lookin forward to seeing Vinny at CHF.

By the way Ballyhaiseman, we in Monaghan are not buyin into that monarchical rubbish about Kings etc. Build a bridge and get over it..

And as the Kind himself says "I aint dead baby, I just takin a break"

Mid Mon

QuoteThere was talk on another forum that Flanagan broke his arm at training. Obviously it's not true, haven't a clue where it came from. Can't see anything but a Monaghan win with this team.

He did leave training early because of a sore arm, so maybe there is some truth in it.

thebandit

Quote from: Mid Mon on February 15, 2008, 10:28:03 AM
QuoteThere was talk on another forum that Flanagan broke his arm at training. Obviously it's not true, haven't a clue where it came from. Can't see anything but a Monaghan win with this team.

He did leave training early because of a sore arm, so maybe there is some truth in it.

Did Harry let him out? Because he isn't letting anyone in!!!!

Mid Mon

Harry's a waste of money if you ask me, we could spend it better on more performance enhancing drugs.

Maguire01

Quote from: Mid Mon on February 15, 2008, 10:28:03 AM

Yes, it's just hard to beat the fact that a sore arm can become a broken arm, courtesy of chinese whispers!