Monaghan v Cavan

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 12, 2008, 11:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farniel

...and some top quality umbrellas if its raining  ;D

thebandit

Have Ky Auvin any new men? That wing forward (Martin Reilly?) looks like a handy player

Homer

Quote from: thebandit on February 13, 2008, 05:07:55 PM
Have Ky Auvin any new men? That wing forward (Martin Reilly?) looks like a handy player

Well since last year we have

James Carolan, Rory Dunne, Dermot Sheridan, Michael Brides, Barry Watters, Padraic O'Reilly, John McCutcheon, John Cunningham, Declan Gaffney Martin Reilly, Finbar Reilly, Rory Donohue, Eddie Reilly.

although most of the above were involved with the county at some time or another in previous years.

gwan-ye-boy-ya

coming up from galway for this one.... i know its only the league.... but its monaghan v cavan. is there a big crowd expected?

OakLeaf

Is there anyone going to the Monaghan / Cavan match that would be willing to text updates to the Live Scores service on GAA Radio?  The number to send your texts to is 447624804328. The service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

GrandMasterFlash

I would say there'll be a massive crowd for this game for this time of year. It's an important game for both sides as two points are vital at this stage. Breffni's a good ground and should be in great shape with the dry week so far. Both teams are based on running which suits current conditions.

There may be a championship atmosphere about this one..

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 14, 2008, 08:59:38 AM
I would say there'll be a massive crowd for this game for this time of year. It's an important game for both sides as two points are vital at this stage. Breffni's a good ground and should be in great shape with the dry week so far. Both teams are based on running which suits current conditions.

There may be a championship atmosphere about this one..

I would be interested in this idea if the game was in the occupied six and them robbin basht*rds 02 didn't fleece me every time I sent a text..

OakLeaf

Agh now lad, a couple of texts, one at half time and one at full time is not going to break the bank?

farniel

Northern Sound will be doing live commentary of the game and you can listen online at:

http://powerlink.powerstream.net/002/00187/live4.asx

bingobus

Oakleaf,

I'll prob be at game and will send you a couple of texts. Just use that number?

OakLeaf

Yep, if you use that number then the texts will be displayed automatically on the website a few seconds later.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: OakLeaf on February 14, 2008, 09:18:52 AM
Agh now lad, a couple of texts, one at half time and one at full time is not going to break the bank?

Ayh, you're right OakLeaf, jaysus I sounded like I was from Cavan there, sorry about that. Will log number and send a few txts surely. I attend most of the games.

Maguire01

Quote from: farniel on February 12, 2008, 12:35:54 PM
Initially I thought this would be comfortable enough for Monaghan but the injury doubts over Lennon and the broken arm Colm Flanagan received at training last Sunday make this game more open than people think. If Lennon plays then Monaghan should win. If he doesn't then the draw would be a nice value bet for this one. Really looking forward to a nice local derby under lights  ;D
Where do these rubbish injury stories come from?  Both Lennon and Flanagan are in the team named for Sunday's game. Broken arms do not heal that quickly!  Seriously, where does this (mis)information come from?
Same team named as that lined out against Roscommon - D Freeman on bench, at least on the teamsheet.

At full strength, should be able to take this one now.

bingobus

Quote from: OakLeaf on February 14, 2008, 11:48:12 AM
Yep, if you use that number then the texts will be displayed automatically on the website a few seconds later.

Is their any format for the texts eg Cavan 0-01 Monaghan 14-76   ;)  ;D would this do? For sending in club results we get a text out that we plug in the scores and return that to sender which is then automatically updated on the webpage.

timmyot501

Dunno where these injury stories come from either but I wouldn't put money on that named team all starting either. When was the last time we named a team during the week and didn't make at least one change? We'll know on Sunday if Flanagan is injured!