Clown Bertie thinks Cavan is in Norn Iron.

Started by Son_of_Sam, February 11, 2008, 09:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son_of_Sam

http://www.imt.ie/blogs/irish-Medical-Times-Blog/2008/02/do-they-sell-maps-on-moore-st-1.html

From the Irish Medical Times

Do they sell maps on Moore St?
Sandra Ryan

sandra.ryan@imt.ie

Bad news for Cavan residents hoping the new super-hospital in the northeast will be anywhere near Cavan: Bertie Ahern doesn't even know Cavan's in the Republic.

Speaking in the Dail yesterday, the Taoiseach incorrectly identified Co. Cavan as part of Northern Ireland.

While the rest of us were learning Irish geography, he was probably taking secret classes in how to keep large amounts of money safe without a bank account.

I bet that class was great fun, and included tips on denying things, where best to stash the money (safes and the like) and, when confronted with questions about the cash-stashing, detailed diagrams of the expression into which you should arrange your face.

During a debate on the lack of broadband availability in Ireland, during which Enda Kenny produced figures showing Ireland comes 33rd in a list of 35 "good broadband" countries, Bertie started blustering about the technology companies Google and Apple.

"They all use this country as their research and development base," he said.

"Not in County Cavan," shouted Deputy Seymour Crawford, delighted for the chance to get his constituency into the conversation, even when it has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

The three-times-elected Taoiseach then said ... wait for it ... "I am talking about the Republic of Ireland."

Silence.

Perhaps in an attempt to gloss over this embarrassment, Fine Gael TD James Bannon continued the broadband rant, saying, "It is patchy throughout Ireland."

Next, in a childish "so's your face" style of retaliation, a TD shot back: "Fine Gael is patchy throughout Ireland."

Bertie, meanwhile, did not take this chance to change the subject but actually repeated his previous slight on Cavan.

By "slight" I mean giant, unbelievable display of ignorance.

"While the House can discuss County Cavan another day, I am discussing the Republic of Ireland and Members should keep to that," rumbled Bertie importantly.

"County Cavan is not in the North," an anonymous TD said (I imagine) wearily. Or maybe, he whispered to Bertie, reminding him of what everyone else learned in primary school.

But we shouldn't blame our Taoiseach for his alarming lack of Six Counties geography knowledge. It's not really his fault - he was just paying extra attention in Money Gathering 101.

Maybe this explains why Cavan is getting screwed over by Bertie & his lame-brain mis-government.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Son_of_Sam

BallyhaiseMan

Cavan is in the north just as Donegal and Monaghan are in the Northern part of this island.

As for Bertie  :D  :D

What a clown.

The Real Laoislad

Sure would anyone really miss Cavan anyways  :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 11, 2008, 10:01:31 PM
Cavan is in the north just as Donegal and Monaghan are in the Northern part of this island.

What clown.

A sure only for the border Cavan would be a midland county  ;)

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 11, 2008, 10:02:51 PM

Cavan is a grand oulde County, remember a few years when the SAS annexed Inishowen. Before anyone gets smart I don't mean the hotel crowd.

Chrisowc

What a clown.

Also known as occupied Ulster 8) ;)
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on February 11, 2008, 10:05:07 PM

Cavan is a grand oulde County, remember a few years when the SAS annexed Inishowen. Before anyone gets smart I don't mean the hotel crowd.

Ah i was only half joking  :D Was actually out in Cavan town last weekend,Ended up in some place called The Imperial....Crazy place :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 11, 2008, 10:10:10 PM

What a clown.

Free us from the Free staters Chris!!!!  ;D

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 11, 2008, 10:11:49 PM
Quote from: Son_of_Sam on February 11, 2008, 10:05:07 PM

Ah i was only half joking  :D Was actually out in Cavan town last weekend,Ended up in some place called The Imperial....Crazy place :-\

was there Saturday Night myself  :)

Son_of_Sam

What a clown.

Can't be as bad as the Dublin governments occupation of Connacht. Bring back the 1798 Connaught Republic I say.

ziggysego

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 11, 2008, 10:12:00 PM

What a clown.

We don't want you.
Testing Accessibility

Chrisowc

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 11, 2008, 10:12:00 PM

What a clown.

Just think.....all that lovely broadband!!
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!