The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Congratulations to Charlie - another All Ireland Medal at the Club - a cause for celebration amongst all Harps men here!  ;) 

Sorry I meant  :-*  !     ;)

Quick quiz question now! Name the last Harps man to win a Sigerson Cup Medal and the year in question? *

*I reserve the right to be wrong on this, in case I have forgot somebody in the interim!  ;D

bennydorano

Stumpy with St Mary's? 1989(after research)  although thinking about it he always referred to it as St Joe's which must put him pre-almagamation.

Obscure or an ATG?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: bennydorano on March 04, 2007, 08:43:10 PM
Stumpy with St Mary's? 1989(after research)  although thinking about it he always referred to it as St Joe's which must put him pre-almagamation.

Obscure or an ATG?

That would make Stumps about 37/38 at the most!!  :D

By the way - ATG - does that stand for 'Absolutely Tremendous Guess'!?!!?! 

stew

Benny I knocked about with the rotund one and he always called the place 'the ranch'.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: stew on March 04, 2007, 10:21:49 PM
Benny I knocked about with the rotund one and he always called the place 'the ranch'.

El Rotundo, as the locals in Ibiza called him, was (a)round tonight, and I was showing him some of your written word here Stew - particularly your diplomatic request for TRS to pipe down!   ;D

He was impressed!  ;)

stew

he might be 'el rotundo' in ibiza but at gaelic football matches anywhere in ireland he is forever known as 'mickey mouse'   :D

I still laugh at that one, yer man that said that to stumpy is lucky that he never got to him , if he had it would have been the end of him, I have known him all my life and am usually game as a badger but I would not cross stumpy like that. tell him I said hello rufus. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

laughinpaddy

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 04, 2007, 08:02:31 PM
Congratulations to Charlie - another All Ireland Medal at the Club - a cause for celebration amongst all Harps men here!  ;) 

Sorry I meant  :-*  !     ;)

Quick quiz question now! Name the last Harps man to win a Sigerson Cup Medal and the year in question? *

*I reserve the right to be wrong on this, in case I have forgot somebody in the interim!  ;D
Collie Holmes with Queens in 98/99????
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Spiritof98

I'll go back if Marsdens back

bennydorano

Rufus T Firefly

No to both guesses - my answer would be John 'Tootsie' McConville, who won a Sigerson with Queens in 1982 - off the top of my head, I don't think anyone has won one since!

say nothin

Folks...For all those clubmen that are supporting the Raceday at Fairyhouse next saturday (10th March). Buses depart from the social club between: 10.30 - 10.45am.

Food served 1.30pm
first Race: 2.45
Last Race: 5.45
Auction: 6pm
Buses depart @ 7pm
Arrive at club approx  9pm
Food is then served in the club (chicken curry, I think ???)

@5.55pm I will present RTF with his Playstation 3 & Spirit98 with the trip to New York.!! ;D ;D

RP Macmurphy

Bring it on!!  :-*

Bennydorano was telling a friend of mine today to watch out for a horse out at Fairyhouse on Saturday called Will Freight!  Good thing! ;)

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: RP Macmurphy on March 06, 2007, 10:19:50 PM
Bring it on!!  :-*

Bennydorano was telling a friend of mine today to watch out for a horse out at Fairyhouse on Saturday called Will Freight!  Good thing! ;)

The mother of all outings awaits - what a day for Na Clairsigh Ard Mhacha!  8)

And that PS3 as well, Say Nothin!   ;)

Top Spy

not be long now to the day at the race's, cant wait!!!

whataboutthewha

Right fellas never mind cheltenham!! 
Any tips for Sat?
Spirit - im sure you have a few!!