The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: stew on December 02, 2008, 09:40:53 PM
I am the proud owner of a copy of Mr Mcginns book, it was signed by the author and had a nice wee inscription in it and i am dead chuffed with it.

Thanks to a certain OWC member who took the time to go down to the club to pick the copy up for me.  ;D

I always thought there was some good in some of those boys.  :P

Rufus, please tell your dad I deeply appreciate the copy and I am off work the next three days and I will have her read by friday night.

Would like to echo what Stew said, just got the book yesterday, a fine achievement by the club and especially by Rufus senior, thanks a million for signing it.
One thing that jogged an old memory was the mention of the sports days, does anyone remember when they used to cut the hay and a match would be played in Abbey Park (long before the pitch was built). Im sure i can remember a Harps Ogs match around 78/79/80 maybe ?

nashville

New management?

Anyone know what approach is being taken e.g. Adverts?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: maddog on December 17, 2008, 09:55:05 AM
I am the proud owner of a copy of Mr Mcginns book, it was signed by the author and had a nice wee inscription in it and i am dead chuffed with it.

Thanks to a certain OWC member who took the time to go down to the club to pick the copy up for me.  ;D

Rufus, please tell your dad I deeply appreciate the copy and I am off work the next three days and I will have her read by friday night.

Would like to echo what Stew said, just got the book yesterday, a fine achievement by the club and especially by Rufus senior, thanks a million for signing it.
One thing that jogged an old memory was the mention of the sports days, does anyone remember when they used to cut the hay and a match would be played in Abbey Park (long before the pitch was built). Im sure i can remember a Harps Ogs match around 78/79/80 maybe ?

Maddog - hope you enjoy it and as always, thanks very much for your continued support!

With regard to your point about Abbey Park, I definitely remember watching a Harps 'old crocks' team playing up there in the early seventies, and in my minds eye I can still see the late great Buddy McArdle running around togged out! 

Will you get home for Christmas?

maddog

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on December 17, 2008, 11:52:35 PM
Quote from: maddog on December 17, 2008, 09:55:05 AM

Maddog - hope you enjoy it and as always, thanks very much for your continued support!

With regard to your point about Abbey Park, I definitely remember watching a Harps 'old crocks' team playing up there in the early seventies, and in my minds eye I can still see the late great Buddy McArdle running around togged out! 

Will you get home for Christmas?

Not this year, duty calls elsewhere.
Im sure i can remember a match there but early 70's id have to have some memory ;). As kids playing up there you always had to avoid the concrete holes thats the posts stood in, otherwise you'd break a leg. But im near sure the match im thinking of was part of a sports day so likely to have been a challenge match just.

bennydorano

Nudie Hughes ratified as the new manager.

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on January 06, 2009, 09:10:25 AM

And I thought Dromintee's new manager was going to be under the spotlight.

bingobus

Quote from: bennydorano on January 06, 2009, 09:10:25 AM

Good man Nudie, if he takes the sclap of Cross we may have to send him to the moon for a dozen years till he stops talking about that one  ;D

corn02

BBC have picked up on it. Quiet room won't be quiet this year.

rootthemout

bingobus,will nudie do the business with us?havent heard of him with teams before but hear impressive cv,wish him and the lads the best for the season ahead

fitzroyalty

I would imagine Harps steam rolling Division 2 a lá Clans & Pearse Og when they made the drop in recent years with promotion being a formality more than anything else.

thebandit

Quote from: rootthemout on January 06, 2009, 09:18:40 PM
bingobus,will nudie do the business with us?havent heard of him with teams before but hear impressive cv,wish him and the lads the best for the season ahead

Depends what you mean. Division 2 should be easily done, but as for the championship.......

bennydorano

I would be very suprised if we 'steamroller' Division 2.  With Vernon and Holmes available maybe, but they will be missing for the majority of games I'd imagine. 

bingobus

Quote from: rootthemout on January 06, 2009, 09:18:40 PM

Nudie had a great few years with Sean McDermotts in Monaghan. Took them to senior and won the Ulster Intermediate at the time with them. Left them in senior 3/4 years ago and they are now a junior team following relegation last year. He was with one of the Louth teams St Pats or Cooley for a few years and took them to a few finals maybe but didn't win. Don't think he was with anyone the last few years. He porb wouldn't be the man for our club at present but he always seems to have an impressive impact at clubs. I would imagine 2 years would be enough under him. One thing for sure is, he's well fit to talk!!

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on January 07, 2009, 09:18:44 AM
I would be very suprised if we 'steamroller' Division 2.  With Vernon and Holmes available maybe, but they will be missing for the majority of games I'd imagine. 

Swift being there will be abig boost and you have to imagine he will stand out massively in division two. Always had a soft spot for the Harps, hope they come back up.

RealSpiritof98

Good luck to the new management for 2009. Lets hope everyone gets behind them and get us back to the top.