Post something controversial you believe in

Started by pintsofguinness, February 07, 2008, 09:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

I really do believe in Extraterrestrials, love watching documentaries about them and find it hard to believe that with the size of the universe and the amounts of other galaxies out there, we are the most intelligent
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

I believe too Square Ball, I just don't think they're visiting us.
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Square Ball on February 07, 2008, 09:30:19 PM
I really do believe in Extraterrestrials, love watching documentaries about them and find it hard to believe that with the size of the universe and the amounts of other galaxies out there, we are the most intelligent

Fair point SB, except that there are so many flukey circumstances that have converged to support life on earth, viz. the Sun, our exact distance from it (any closer and we'd fry, any further away and we'd deep freeze), our atmospheric make up, H2O, our moon (no life without it), etc..
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on February 07, 2008, 09:27:41 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 07, 2008, 09:26:03 PM
Sometimes yes but there are plenty of normal sensible people who have claimed to be abducted not to mention all the people, particularly pilots, who have have seen UFOs.

I'll not say it doesn't happen, I just don't think it does.

However.... the moon landing?? I know there are theories running about since day one, but come on!  :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Moon_Landing_hoax_accusations

Put it into google and you'll get plenty of sites and discussion on it.

Fear
Fair point SB, except that there are so many flukey circumstances that have converged to support life on earth, viz. the Sun, our exact distance from it (any closer and we'd fry, any further away and we'd deep freeze), our atmospheric make up, H2O, our moon (no life without it), etc..
You're only talking about us, we wouldn't be able to survive on another planet but others might.
A polar bear wouldn't survive in a dessert, a camel wouldn't survive in Antarctica what makes you think in our universe everything would need the same conditions as us to survive?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 07, 2008, 09:45:39 PM
Fear
You're only talking about us, we wouldn't be able to survive on another planet but others might.
A polar bear wouldn't survive in a dessert, a camel wouldn't survive in Antarctica what makes you think in our universe everything would need the same conditions as us to survive?

True PoG, as some geriatric called Rumsfeld might have put it: "There are the unknown unknowns". I'm not ruling it out, just pointing up the amazing confluence of amazing factors that have led to life on this earth.

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ziggysego

But Fear, surely you believe that God puts us here and it wasn't by chance ;)
Testing Accessibility

heganboy

pints, are you asking us to post 10 controversial things we believe in, or simply state which of the 10 you posted that we agree with?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

pintsofguinness

Quote from: heganboy on February 07, 2008, 09:55:20 PM
pints, are you asking us to post 10 controversial things we believe in, or simply state which of the 10 you posted that we agree with?

No, everyone post what the want or as many as they want.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on February 07, 2008, 09:54:30 PM
But Fear, surely you believe that God puts us here and it wasn't by chance ;)

Something such Ziggy  ;)

What beats me though, is how can those (funda) mentalists talk of Intelligent Creation, and then elect GW Bush?!  ???

ziggysego

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 07, 2008, 09:59:28 PM
What beats me though, is how can those (funda) mentalists talk of Intelligent Creation, and then elect GW Bush?!  ???

Nature create bush fires, probably something similar.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 07, 2008, 09:28:38 PM
Man Utd fans have absolutely no sense of humour when it comes to joking about their team, infact you just can't say anything wrong about Man Ure without them going off on one. This includes my father and two brothers!

Totally agree with that..Would also add Dublin Football fans and Kilkenny Hurling fans

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 07, 2008, 09:40:28 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on February 07, 2008, 09:30:19 PM

agree with POG on this one, sort of horses for courses in their development.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Totally believe in Aliens

Also I believe in an Afterlife and I 100% completely believe in Reincarantion
I also believe Ireland is a very rasict country
You'll Never Walk Alone.