The betting thread!

Started by corn02, February 05, 2008, 10:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

I can't find a thread fro bets, all advice in here lads.

I know nothing about gambling but if you did a couple of matches and one of the games on your coupon gets postponed what happens?

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on February 05, 2008, 10:13:28 PM
I can't find a thread fro bets, all advice in here lads.

I know nothing about gambling but if you did a couple of matches and one of the games on your coupon gets postponed what happens?

Well if for example did five teams with a £5 stake and a match is postponed it becomes four teams for your £5 stake.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Ok so say for example I did three teams for a massive £2 stake and one was postponed would the bet stil lstand.

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on February 05, 2008, 10:20:22 PM
Ok so say for example I did three teams for a massive £2 stake and one was postponed would the bet stil lstand.

Aye it just becomes two teams for your £2, lets cut to the chase Corn, did your bet win ????

corn02

Yeah at 6/1, well two teams came in out of the three (other postponed). £14 would be like winning the lottery to me at the moment.

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on February 05, 2008, 10:29:02 PM
Yeah at 6/1, well two teams came in out of the three (other postponed). £14 would be like winning the lottery to me at the moment.

I bet small amounts too and get great satisfaction winning a few pound, havent the balls, or income, to bet large amounts. I have seen too many fellas walking out of the bookies minus a couple of hundred quid they entered it with.......

sail_in

would some kind soul be able to post any handicaps available for the France v Ireland game on Saturday?

In the world cup I got 2-1 on Argentina at -10 and after watching the events of the weekend past,  I would be hoping for something similar!

Thanks in advance!

full back

Quote from: sail_in on February 06, 2008, 11:48:44 AM
would some kind soul be able to post any handicaps available for the France v Ireland game on Saturday?

In the world cup I got 2-1 on Argentina at -10 and after watching the events of the weekend past,  I would be hoping for something similar!

Thanks in advance!

No chance of that sail.
I would say you will be lucky to get even money on France -10

Mickey Linden

Given last weeks form France could put 30 points on Ireland. Id say France minus whatever they are offering looks like a great bet at the minute.

sail_in

Quotehttp://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/six-nations/france-v-ireland/handicaps

Thanks, but I can't check those sites in work (f**king internet nazis), hence the request for them to be put up here in the first place

QuoteGiven last weeks form France could put 30 points on Ireland. Id say France minus whatever they are offering looks like a great bet at the minute.

That's my thinking too - even, as full back says, if you could get evens on France @ -10, it looks like free money at this stage!

cavan4ever

France -13 at 10/11 are what most are offering.

el_cuervo_fc

"five dream" at Newbury this weekend lads??  looks a good thing

maybe even a wee double with Denman

Mickey Linden

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on February 06, 2008, 01:55:09 PM
"five dream" at Newbury this weekend lads??  looks a good thing

maybe even a wee double with Denman

what odds for this double? There were a few 'good things' hammered last weekend. Particularly with ruby on board.

France for the 6 nations has to be bet of the year. Again!

The Real Laoislad

Was just wondering now that Arsenal are 5 points clear with 12 games left,And with United playing Arsenal in the Cup I wonder what are the odds on Man United winning nothing this season...
You'll Never Walk Alone.