Ireland versus Brazil

Started by Surreal Steve, February 05, 2008, 08:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on February 06, 2008, 10:11:56 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2008, 10:09:30 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on February 06, 2008, 09:57:40 PM
Well how was the overrated shite ? Going by the crowd in the gym no one gave a f**k about this .

Why do you care how good it was with a attitude like that  ???

Good enough game i thought,The second half was better than the first..Brazil are class to watch some of their movement on and off the ball is amazing..
I thought we done well enough to be honest,Duff was bright in the second half..
But i can't for the life of me see how McGeady is getting into the first XI,I have never seen him play well for Ireland..He takes far to many touches with the ball and usually ends up running into a dead end or giving the ball away..he had a great chance to put Duffer thru in the second half but waited far to long to deliver the pass and Duff was then offside when he did pass it too him..
I know posters will say he is excellent for Celtic but i don't care how well he does for Celtic he has yet to produce it for Ireland,And it's also a massive difference playing against St.Mirren,Falkirk etc every week and then playing against the likes of Brazil and other top national teams..From what i have seen he isn't good enough for this level..
Just wondering what other peoples opinions where , i hate soccer , can't stand it any more.

Would have more fun with a can of Crown , a paint brush and a wall .

P.S You have to give admit it was overrated sections of the media where falling over themselves ,the samba boys are in town . Give me a break

Well if you don't care about it maybe you shouldn't be posting on a soccer thread saying its overated shite..Your entitled to your opinion and i honestly don't care what you think about soccer or what you post about it but i don't think there is a need for posting such things on a thread about the sport
What are you trying to gain from it?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

It was an alright game.
It told me more about what we were missing than what we had.

Laoislad unless you were listening to Ronnie Whelan I donĀ“t know where you are coming from as regards  McGeady, he had as much end product as Duff - constantly probing and good defensive cover.
In comparison Hunt looked like a Dub fan with hair on Hill16.

We seriously missed a player like Andy Reid in the middle. Miller is alcohol free and Carsley just has that overhit touch for the long pass.
Carsley's default pass should be a player like Reid. If Andy Reid is ever injured again we haven't a hope unless we bring on players like Owen Garvan.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2008, 10:22:01 PM
Well how was the overrated shite ? Going by the crowd in the gym no one gave a f**k about this .

Good enough game i thought,The second half was better than the first..Brazil are class to watch some of their movement on and off the ball is amazing..
But i can't for the life of me see how McGeady is getting into the first XI,I have never seen him play well for Ireland..He takes far to many touches with the ball and usually ends up running into a dead end or giving the ball away..he had a great chance to put Duffer thru in the second half but waited far to long to deliver the pass and Duff was then offside when he did pass it too him..
I know posters will say he is excellent for Celtic but i don't care how well he does for Celtic he has yet to produce it for Ireland,And it's also a massive difference playing against St.Mirren,Falkirk etc every week and then playing against the likes of Brazil and other top national teams..From what i have seen he isn't good enough for this level..
Just wondering what other peoples opinions where , i hate soccer , can't stand it any more.

P.S You have to give admit it was overrated sections of the media where falling over themselves ,the samba boys are in town . Give me a break

Well if you don't care about it maybe you shouldn't be posting on a soccer thread saying its overated shite..Your entitled to your opinion and i honestly don't care what you think about soccer or what you post about it but i don't think there is a need for posting such things on a thread about the sport
Nothing ,see that i said above , just wondering what people though of it was a huge lack of interest from people i was talking too  .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Main Street..I was at the game so don't know what Whelan was saying..
From what i saw and what i have seen off McGeady he hasn't done anything to impress me..
I certainly didn't see anything from him tonight only holding onto the ball way to long and running into Brazil players and losing the ball
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2008, 10:38:24 PM
Minder..I was at the game so don't know what Whelan was saying..
From what i saw and what i have seen off McGeady he hasn't done anything to impress me..
I certainly didn't see anything from him tonight only holding onto the ball way to long and running into Brazil players and losing the ball

LL, i never spoke !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on February 06, 2008, 10:36:08 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2008, 10:22:01 PM

Nothing ,see that i said above , just wondering what people though of it was a huge lack of interest from people i was talking too  .

Well do you not think maybe you should have just asked what people thought of the game instead of going on about over rated shite?To me it read like you had another agenda and wanted posters to argue with you.. Can you not see where im coming from at all?
Some people do actually like the sport you know..Your fully entitled to think what you want about the sport but you were just looking for a reaction..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on February 06, 2008, 10:41:19 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 06, 2008, 10:38:24 PM
Minder..I was at the game so don't know what Whelan was saying..

LL, i never spoke !

Sorry dude im bad :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyssam5

Why do you care how good it was with a attitude like that  ???

McGeady has been pretty in good in a few champs league games I saw him in.

What size of a pitch did they mark out? One would imagine it would have to be close to max dimensions so as not to look completely out of place, but this might not be ideal against better teams? Or is all international soccer played at pretty close to max size?

magickingdom

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: tyssam5 on February 06, 2008, 10:54:36 PM
McGeady has been pretty in good in a few champs league games I saw him in.

What size of a pitch did they mark out? One would imagine it would have to be close to max dimensions so as not to look completely out of place, but this might not be ideal against better teams? Or is all international soccer played at pretty close to max size?

Maybe so regarding McGeady but that doesn't matter when he plays for Ireland..
I haven't seen him play well for Ireland yet..I hope that changes and he can play for Ireland the same way everyone says he plays for Celtic..I don't watch Celtic play so can't comment and how good he is for them
You'll Never Walk Alone.

whyarerefssobad

heard liverpool were after him  ::)
always look on the bright side

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on February 06, 2008, 11:00:18 PM
heard liverpool were after him  ::)

Where did you hear that or is it a futile attempt at trying to be funny
You'll Never Walk Alone.

whyarerefssobad

lets just say watch this space you heard it here first
always look on the bright side

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on February 06, 2008, 11:08:24 PM
lets just say watch this space you heard it here first

I'd prefer Steven Hunt
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Main Street

People are quite divided on McGeady but I would say most would have been well pleased with him tonight
and more than a few would have him MOM.
He is a  player who is visibly improving year after year. In 3 or 4 years I reckon he will be our key player.

Tonight he beat his man regularily, forced a good number of frees,  some moments of pure magic-  late in the first half he danced around a couple of Brazilians and hit across a dangerous ball in the box.
Doyle was poor except he was the only for the set pieces

I'd say a midfield of Duff, Reid, Reid and McGeady or Duff, Andy Reid, Carsley and McGeady/Hunt  will do just grand.