DOWN V LOUTH Div 3

Started by imagine, February 03, 2008, 07:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imagine

After  Louth lost today and  Down  won last night ,vital points will be up for grabs this day fortnight.

Sky Blue

I hope the Ultras behave themselves. The Garda wouldn't be as soft on them as the stewards in Newry.

bredaghgael

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5iveTimes on February 04, 2008, 08:00:45 PM
This game will tell us just how far this Down team have come. We lost by 4 points in Drogheda last year, but in truth they played us off the park. If we can beat Louth and I think we can, we will be serious contenders for promotion.
Louth seem to be having a few problems at the minute and all doesnt seem to be well in the camp. They have a few injuries as well so they are definitely there for the taking.

Hard to disagree with anything you have said there 5times. Honestly ML I didn't think you would have the confidence for a €50 bet, I'd say that wager was struck a while ago.

Quote from: Sky Blue on February 04, 2008, 08:42:41 PM
I hope the Ultras behave themselves. The Garda wouldn't be as soft on them as the stewards in Newry.
I take it that this is a reference to the hardcore support for the Down county champions  :D I don't think those gassan would be the type to travel (even the small journey to Dundalk or Drogheda)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

downredblack

Did the Louth boys hear if this was a ticket affair ?

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5iveTimes on February 05, 2008, 09:50:54 AM
Quote from: Louth Exile on February 04, 2008, 11:32:39 PM
Quote from: Sky Blue on February 04, 2008, 08:42:41 PM
I take it that this is a reference to the hardcore support for the Down county champions  :D I don't think those gassan would be the type to travel (even the small journey to Dundalk or Drogheda)

The Ultras were from Longstone, not Mayobridge. They are a pretty hard bunch alright, hard to get them up for school on a Monday morning that is.  ;)

Thats right, my apologies to any mayobridge men on the board. They were some hardened supporters.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

bridgegael

were bouts will the match be on sunday??  same pitch as last year??  was at the match last year but can't remember how to get to the ground. 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Bacon

Is there a covered stand? The forecast isn't good for the weekend.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Louth Exile

Quote from: Bacon on February 12, 2008, 12:09:56 AM
Is there a covered stand? The forecast isn't good for the weekend.

There is

OakLeaf

Is there anyone going to the Down / Louth match that would be willing to text updates to the Live Scores service on GAA Radio?  The number to send your texts to is 447624804328. The service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

Aristotle Flynn

It is a disgrace in this day and age that a county like Louth don't have a proper county ground up to modern standards. This place may have been acceptable in 1950 but it isn't now adays.
125 years after the Association was founded you would think every county would have a home ground up to standard.

I'll be down for the match. I expect a close game.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

bridgegael

Quote from: OakLeaf on February 14, 2008, 09:04:42 AM
Is there anyone going to the Down / Louth match that would be willing to text updates to the Live Scores service on GAA Radio?  The number to send your texts to is 447624804328. The service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

do you want every score or something like every ten mins or so??
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

lfdown2

and what was pairc esler before the recent development?

Zulu

QuoteIt won't be a close game.

Is all not well in the Louth camp ML? I'd have thought this would be a very tight game.

Aristotle Flynn

Yes very tight. I wouldn't be surprised if Down won.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.