And its 3-in-a-row; 3-in-a-row:

Started by rrhf, January 30, 2008, 02:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I think that ite time time to laud this Kerry team as what they are - terrific team.  In this, the most competitive era when even the once great Dubs cant get within a hounds gowl of a final; in an era when Armagh and Tyrone have threatened to dominate, this fabulous Kerry team has positioned itself as a 3 in a row team.  Lets make no bones about it: Who can stop them?  Forget about previous eras when they only had to beat one team to win an ai this team has had to beat many.  The thought must be consuming Kerry football at the moment that they're good enough for a 3 in a row; it looks like its their destiny this year; get those t shirts printed and the songs out.  This 3 in a row Kerry team is something special.  As good as won if you ask me and its the 2nd last day of January.  Discuss.... 

GalwayBayBoy

his holiness nb

Quote from: rrhf on January 30, 2008, 02:08:58 PM
In this, the most competitive era when even the once great Dubs cant get within a hounds gowl of a final; in an era when Armagh and Tyrone have threatened to dominate

:D :D :D

Nice try, put the fishing rod away  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

ONeill

Not just that - how many finals have they been in this century.

I think they're great. How long would a blow-in need to dwell in Kerry before you become a Kerryman?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

A blatant attempt to distract attention from Tyrone's dominance of football in the modern era (i.e. post 2003), when Tyrone have actually DOUBLED their tally of All-Ireland titles, while Kerry have managed only a paltry 9% increase in theirs.

rrhf

brokencrossbar1

QuoteA blatant attempt to distract attention from Tyrone's dominance of football in the modern era (i.e. post 2003), when Tyrone have actually DOUBLED their tally of All-Ireland titles, while Kerry have managed only a paltry 9% increase in theirs.

Nevermind the 100% improvement by Armagh in respect of their AI senior titles, u-21 AI titles and National League Titles! :P

The Post 2002 era far outweighs the previous 118 years of the GAA so the statistics can only be gauged from then to give true value.

red hander

Considering what's going on with the neighbours, they'll only have to worry about beating Waterford to get out of Munster ... they may hand Sam over to Gooch and the boys now and save all the hassle of a championship

ONeill

his holiness nb

These tyrone posts about Kerry are interesting.
Presuming its an attempt at mind games I can only presume ye actually see yourselves as actually having a chance of stopping the 3 in a row.  ;D

Tell ye what lads, pick a rival more at your standard, maybe Laois or Galway, then aspire towards the Dubs, before ye take the step up to Kerry  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 30, 2008, 02:53:21 PM
Presuming its an attempt at mind games I can only presume ye actually see yourselves as actually having a chance of stopping the 3 in a row.  ;D

Tell ye what lads, pick a rival more at your standard, maybe Laois or Galway, then aspire towards the Dubs, before ye take the step up to Kerry  ;)
Ah now holiness, no need to go dragging us down to their level... :P :P :D :D :D :D

Star Spangler

:D

The poor Dubs have been so busy telling themselves for the last 30 years that they're Kerry's greatest rivals (except for not having beat them in the same 30 years) they feel very threatened if any other county might challenge their mantel!  :D

ONeill

Kerry have been trying to defeat Tyrone for almost 22 years now in the Championship. 22 years of failure. There are thousands of teenagers in the Kingdom who don't know what a win over Tyrone in the summer tastes like.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Star Spangler on January 30, 2008, 02:58:54 PM
The poor Dubs have been so busy telling themselves for the last 30 years that they're Kerry's greatest rivals (except for not having beat them in the same 30 years) they feel very threatened if any other county might challenge their mantel!  :D

We arent on their level, ye are below us, thats my point  ;)
Ask me holy bollix