The best score YOU ever scored

Started by Zulu, January 26, 2008, 12:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I knew you were in England, but I thought that was an Ardcath-type voice I heard shouting "have a go". I thought I was hallucinating that the Vincents had changed from the Galway colours to the Down ones.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Hardy on January 29, 2008, 11:35:23 AM
I knew you were in England, but I thought that was an Ardcath-type voice I heard shouting "have a go".

He must have been talking to himself  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

the Deel Rover

got a 180 once had a few pints on board  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

thejuice

No I was the only Meath man there let alone Ardcath man. That voice was our trainer Damian from Fermanagh. We were over in Tyrone playing against Loughmacrory in a challenge game. We were meant to play a game against Ballybofey the next but didnt happen which wasnt a bad thing as we were dyin.

Funnily enough Deel Rover, I had a few pints in me before that game in the video.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the Deel Rover

Quote from: thejuice on January 29, 2008, 12:07:11 PM
No I was the only Meath man there let alone Ardcath man. That voice was our trainer Damian from Fermanagh. We were over in Tyrone playing against Loughmacrory in a challenge game. We were meant to play a game against Ballybofey the next but didnt happen which wasnt a bad thing as we were dyin.

Funnily enough Deel Rover, I had a few pints in me before that game in the video.

You can't bate the few pints before a match? I remember years ago going back to Belmullet to play a league match, now most of the boys were at a wedding the night before and we had a job to get a team together. Well i was a sick as a small hospital but went back anyway (thought there might be a spot on the bench for me to keep warm) anyway i was picked to play and i asked the manager for a drink of water he gave me a bottle i took a huge drink from it only to realise it was poitin, thing is i had a stormer scored 3 points that day and i don't think we got back to Cross till  the following Tuesday ;) 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lfdown2

Quote from: FL/MAYO on January 26, 2008, 03:17:10 PM
Scored the winning point from the end line in a game at Gaelic Park New York years ago. The commentator at the time in Gaelic Park was Tommy Smith from ESPN he said "FL/Mayo scores a great point he can scarcely believe it himself", the fecker I did mean it.

wouldnt listen til thon tool anyway, christ he's god awful!!!!!!

Orior

I once fisted a point down at Mullaghbawn in '82. Tis the only score I can remember, partially because of my poor memory but mainly because I have two left feet. Indeed, I dont buy flip-flops, I have to buy flip-flips.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Drumanee 1

i remeber back heeling a goal against newbridge u/14 way back in 79

Champ15

Best goal ive scored would have to be last summer in the senior champ.i got the ball around the 45 played a 1-2 with our midfielder played another 1-2 with our fullforward and was running across the face of the goal and with my left foot smashed it into the far bottom corner from the corner of the penalty box.have it on dvd and cant get sick of watchin it ;D
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

Over the Bar

T'was the MacRory cup, injury time 3 points down on a bad wet day.  The ball fell to me รก la Seamus Darby.   I went thru one on one with the keeper and belted it so hard than when it hoit the crossbar the ball split it's seams and the inside shot over while the leather outer went under.   The ref blew it as 4 points and we won the game!   

Carmen Stateside

My most memorable score was against our parish rivals Loughmacrory, some of there supporters had been giving me a bit of stick when suddenly I received possesion around 30 yards out turned and took on my man, the Lough keeper had moved out from his line so with the outside of the right I placed the ball over his head and into the net! this was followed with a little bit of a brolly celebration which did nt go down to well with my friends in the crowd, thank God there was a high fence :D

Also scored six points in the Senior final one year but still ended up on the losing side :( 

Aerlik

1982 Ulster U-16 club hurling final v. the hallions

Our full-back takes the puck-out where it lands around the midfield and our big mean man there half volleys it out to the right corner flag.  The cornerforward wins the race to the ball, scoops it up and drills it at head height to the edge of the wee square where I am being pulled and nipped by the bigger Hallion fullback.  Manage to get away for a split second and just pull first time to volley the ball to the net.  Took me a couple of seconds to realise where the ball was but then the roar of the crowd said it all.  As the Mid Ulster stated: (Aerlik) pulled first time and rocketed it past the helpless (Hallion Goalkeeper).  Got it on video and had a wee reminisce with Mini-me when last home.  "Was that you, dad?"  "Aye."  "Not bad"  (from a then 5 year-old).

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

lynchbhoy

a point a yard out from the 45 metre line and a yard inside the left sideline with the left foot that boomed high over the middle of the crossbar in a first round intermediate championship match as an 18 year old just before I headed off for a summer in the states.
scored 1-3 that day and the local press report gave it and the kudos of the perf to the other forward (who was crap) with the same first name as myself. Obv destined for lifelong anonimity.

Other scores stick out in the mind, but one of the most enjoyable after the above was the point scored after taking the ball off Maurice Fitzgerald in the Fresher colleges Munster championship.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on January 29, 2008, 01:39:46 PM
i remeber back heeling a goal against newbridge u/14 way back in 79

ur telling a lie..come on Drum ;) :D

rrhf

a goal fisted against the Rock I believe near got the head taken off me from the goalkeeper who played the man not the ball.  As I lay writhing on the ground looking the goalie sent off  the manager ran on the field told me to get up ta fook as the goalkeeper was in fact an under 12 girl wearing a cap.