NFL Div. 2

Started by donelli, January 25, 2008, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donelli

Thought it might be worthwhile starting a thread solely on Div. 2 of the league.
League starts 2nd of February...so not long now.....

Div. 2 comprises :
Armagh
Dublin
Roscommon
Cork
Monaghan
Cavan
Meath
Westmeath

From a Monaghan perspective, I feel if we can win 3 games, safety in Div. 2 would be secured. For this reason, the first 2 games are crucial as the opposition, Roscommon and Cavan would be on paper our "4 point games" for staying clear of relagation.
I would be satisfied with a mid-table finish as a good base to launch into a competitive ulster chamopionship this year.

Our Nail Loney

Gnevin

Promotion should be the aim for Dublin .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Gnevin on January 25, 2008, 11:37:47 AM
Promotion should be the aim for Dublin .

I would have thought winning it would be. Cork are in disarray, Armagh and ourselves not looking much better and Monaghan and Eastmeath will be suffering from second season syndrome. I'd take mid-table mediocrity right now...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Uladh

I really don't know what armagh's expectancy should be. we've a fair strong team on paper but its a matter of how the new man blends them and gets them playing.

the optimist in me thinks we should beat every tem in the division but the realist would take midtable mediocrity.

mackers

I really think the league is crucial to Armagh this year and the way the ties have fallen we can have no excuses. The last two years Armagh appear to have treated the league with little respect and have been very lucky, in both years, to avoid relegation. Our "hardest" matches on paper, home to Cork and Dublin and away to Meath are all after the Crossmaglen players come back.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Dublin or Meath should win it. Armagh to finish somewhere in the middle.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

his holiness nb

Have to say I am suprised. Given the predictions of Monaghan challenging for Ulster and Sam this year on another thread a while back I would have thought some would fancy them to challenge to win div 2.
Ask me holy bollix

ONeill

Excluding Cavan and Westmeath, anyone can win that division. I'd expect to see Armagh begin to peak towards the end of their campaign, especially if the Cross men return in late March/early April. Meath will be looking to continue last year's progress. Dublin will see themselves as above this division and should be in the top grade. Roscommon can be tough league opposition whilst Cork and Monaghan are in the top ten footballing counties at present. Can see the Dubs taking the top spot with a 3-way tie for second - maybe Cork snatching it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Northside Dub

Id expect it to be between Dublin, Monaghan and Meath for the top spot. I could see Westmeath and Roscommon gettin relegated!
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

his holiness nb

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2008, 01:54:07 PM
Dublin will see themselves as above this division and should be in the top grade.

Jaysus O'Neill, on previous form I would have thought the same could apply to Cork, or possibly Armagh.
I'm sure Dublin dont think they should be in the top grade, they know how the league works. You have to earn a place in the top grade and the Dubs know this as well as anyone.

Can see Dublin giving it a right lash, but the key could well be the fact that Dublins games against Cork and Armagh (who I see as the biggest challengers, Meath may have something to say about that though) are away from home.

Its a long time since we won down in Cork.

Although the Armagh game will be played on my birthday so I'll accept nothing less that a win!  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

cavan4ever

Hopefully Cork will still be on strike and get relegated so only one other team will go down to division 3.  Monaghan and Cavan on a saturday night in Breffini is one game i am looking forward to, and then the dubs 2 weeks later  :o

Rudi

Between Westmeath, Cavan & Ros to go down. Ros have both these teams at home & also play Cork (a team Ros rarely lose to at home) at home. News from the Ros camp at the moment appears to be negative, pity as I could see them finishing in the top half of the table if relationships between all players, county board/ management were good. Despite this I expect us to win the 3 games above,  give the Jackeens a good run before  losing & also loose to Monaghan, Meath & Armagh. Stick my neck out & go for Meath & Dublin to gain promotion. Monaghan, while I expect them to give us a bit of a roasting will suffer from second year syndrome & will falter as the season goes on, hope Cork get relegated bunch of Prima Donnas.

Zulu

Thyis is a very interesting league and there should be some great games in it. I'd fancy the Dubs and maybe Armagh to finish top two. Roscommon and Cavan to finish bottom two.

BallyhaiseMan

No point in Cavan even showing up for any games so, seeing as we dont have a chance  ;)