NFL Div. 2

Started by donelli, January 25, 2008, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Cavan should be painted over. Tight dirty bastards.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

I'd say that 5 of the teams in the division have a chance of winning it or coming second (exceptions being Cavan, Roscommon and Westmeath).

I reckon Monaghan could beat every team in that division on their day, but i'm not prediciting it to pan out like that.  Personally, i'd like to see wins over Armagh and Cavan, neighbours and long-term rivals who have a better record than Monaghan in recent head-to-heads.  It would be nice to turn over the Dubs in Parnell again as well.

bennydorano

I cant see Armagh doing much better than avoiding relegation.  Expect to see the Dubs winning, I reckon it's this year or nothing for the Dubs in regard to winning Sam.  REally dont want to see Kerry winning another wan and with Tyrone on the verge of imploding the Dubs are the best hope.

GreaterMayo

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 25, 2008, 05:56:14 PM
No point in Cavan even showing up for any games so, seeing as we dont have a chance  ;)

At least your being realistic, my teams to go down would be Cavan & Westmeath, maybe Cork if they don't actually play any or many league games, would they not face defacto demotion!!!

The Rossies won't go down, trust me on that, then again I really don't see the Sheepstealers going up either, thats more than likely between Dublin, Monaghan & Meath.

donelli

What notice do Cork have to give if they are not to fulfil their fixture this weekend??
Think they down to play Meath in Navan on Saturday night.

Feckitt

Can't wait for Armagh v Dublin in Crossmaglen.  When was the last time Armagh played the Dubs at home?

Rossfan

Quote from: GreaterMayo on January 26, 2008, 12:21:45 AM

The Rossies won't go down, trust me on that, .

Fair play t'ya Maughan, your not short of confidence anyway  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

CC1

Quote from: GreaterMayo on January 26, 2008, 12:21:45 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 25, 2008, 05:56:14 PM
No point in Cavan even showing up for any games so, seeing as we dont have a chance  ;)

At least your being realistic, my teams to go down would be Cavan & Westmeath
::) :D
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Maguire01

Eoin Lennon looking unlikely for Monaghan's opener against Roscommon.  That could be a banana skin - it's one of the games we need to get the points in to avoid relegation worries.  Monaghan tend to lose their shape a bit without Lennon - just look at last year's league semi-final diaster against Meath.

Hound

Must say I totally disagree with the decisions of Vincents and Cross to withdraw their players from the county team. The relevant players would get far better preparation for their All Ireland semi final by playing competitive inter county games. I don't think its a coincidence that Plunketts hammered Vins in the Dublin league final last week, when the intercounty Plunketts players have been invovled with the Dubs while the Vins lads have been relatively idle.

I'm sure the Dubs will think that the home games v Westmeath and the Rossies is a guaranteed 4 easy points. And both games being at home I can't see the crowd letting them away with not putting a performance in. Away to Cork is always a loss, away ti Cavan sounds like a bananaskin, and away to Armagh will probably be a bloodbath! We should be well up for the Monaghan game, dunno whether we underestimated them last year, but they certainly played us off the park. Not sure how Meath are going, but being the last game, there's a fair good chance it'll be effectively a semi-final for at least one of us, therefore it should be a cracker.

Overall I'd be very surprised if any team got more than 10 points out the possible 14, so it should be tight and interesting.

mackers

"away to Armagh will probably be a bloodbath!"
In what way? One-sided?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Sandy Hill

I see that Cork, who mightn't play a League match, are 5/1 to top Div 2 while Armagh are 6/1! Oh how the mighty have fallen.
"Stercus accidit"

Maguire01

Quote from: mackers on January 29, 2008, 04:50:15 PM
In what way? One-sided?
And if one-sided, to who?

Hound

Dublin team for Westmeath

S Cluxton
D Henry, N O'Shea, S O'Shaughnessy
P McMahon, P Casey, C Moran
E Fennell, S Ryan
B Cullen, J O'Brien, B Brogan
J Sherlock, C Keaney, M Vaughan

Pretty strong team. I think thats our championship forward line bar Alan Brogan for O'Brien. I'm very much in favour of Cullen reverting to the forwards. He was ineffective last year at 6, I think he can be taken out of the game too easily. At half forward he can be relied on to win ball and to kick scores off either foot. There isnt a better half forward in the county IMO.

Not sure about Casey at 6! But glad to see Moran at 7 - definitely his best position IMO.  I havent been as impressed by Fennell as others, but will be interested to see him again. 

his holiness nb

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 29, 2008, 05:47:32 PM
Quote from: mackers on January 29, 2008, 04:50:15 PM
In what way? One-sided?
And if one-sided, to who?

I'd imagine he means violent as opposed to one-sided.

Cant imagine it being one sided at all, I think the Dubs are far superior and if it was in Parnell park would predict a comfortable win.
But up there, who knows.
Ask me holy bollix