AOL Broadband....free laptops...

Started by balladmaker, January 22, 2008, 12:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Anyone any idea how AOL can give away free laptops if you take out broadband with them for £19.99 a month??

http://myaolbroadband.co.uk/broadband/broadband.adp

Donagh

Quote from: balladmaker on January 22, 2008, 12:32:34 AM
Anyone any idea how AOL can give away free laptops if you take out broadband with them for £19.99 a month??

http://myaolbroadband.co.uk/broadband/broadband.adp

It's a shit laptop with the absolute minimum spec required to run Windows Vista, so you'll be lucky if it's capable of doing very much else. Also doesn't give any details of the package you will be taking, how long you are tied in, download limits, etc... Experience has also taught me to give a wide berth to anything remotely connected to Carphone Warehouse.

Candyman

The deal is a load of sh1t.....
You have to sign up wih them for a 24 month MINIMUMcontract, and you only get the laptop free if you take out their calls and broadband package which is £19.99/month. If (like me) you want only broadband its £29.99/month!!!
Their ordinary broadband package is £14.99/per month so the extra £15 over the 24month minimum period adds upto an extra £360!!!!
You would buy a decent enough laptop for that i'd imagine?!?!?!?!?!?

Gnevin

Quote from: Candyman on January 22, 2008, 08:58:27 AM
The deal is a load of sh1t.....
You have to sign up wih them for a 24 month MINIMUMcontract, and you only get the laptop free if you take out their calls and broadband package which is £19.99/month. If (like me) you want only broadband its £29.99/month!!!
Their ordinary broadband package is £14.99/per month so the extra £15 over the 24month minimum period adds upto an extra £360!!!!
You would buy a decent enough laptop for that i'd imagine?!?!?!?!?!?
Plus how many ad's will you have to watch ,how many aol app will be installed and will be irremovable?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Silky

AOL are a shower of bastards. I got stung by them once and I'll never deal with them again.

Minder

Quote from: Silky on January 22, 2008, 09:34:23 AM
AOL are a shower of bastards. I got stung by them once and I'll never deal with them again.

Dont sit on the fence Silky, say what you really think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gerry

i looked into it as i needed a new pc and broadband package.

• max 2 gig download allowance per month
  • when they replied to my email with cost, it was £29.99 per month in my area (Tyrone)
  • 24 month contract as canyman had said, you would buy a pc for that
  • as ziggy said spec is poor for vista, i had to upgrade to 2gig ram for vista to stop it from crashing

they must have loads of them as they are advertising them since november
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Candyman

Quote from: gerry on January 22, 2008, 10:03:17 AM
i looked into it as i needed a new pc and broadband package.

• max 2 gig download allowance per month
  • when they replied to my email with cost, it was £29.99 per month in my area (Tyrone)
[/b]
  • 24 month contract as canyman had said, you would buy a pc for that
  • as ziggy said spec is poor for vista, i had to upgrade to 2gig ram for vista to stop it from crashing

they must have loads of them as they are advertising them since november

Thats £29.99 for just the broadband alone AND if you live in an area where coverage isn't great the cost is increased.... they are having a laugh!!!!  :D :D