Around the world or not!

Started by parttimeexile, January 21, 2008, 01:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parttimeexile

Me and the women are thinking about heading round the world for about 6 months or so but are not sure whether or not to go ahead and do it. We are both 24. What does everyone think?

ziggysego

Do it. My cousin and his girlfriend just started that last month and by all accounts having the time of their lives.
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

If you don't do it you may need to change your handle.

Gnevin

Quote from: parttimeexile on January 21, 2008, 01:32:05 PM
Me and the women are thinking about heading round the world for about 6 months or so but are not sure whether or not to go ahead and do it. We are both 24. What does everyone think?
Sure why bother you'll only end up back where you started :)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

hitzelsperger

hoping to hit oz via a few asian resorts later in the yr then home via usa...saving my bunghole off, cant wait!

his holiness nb

Go for it, a close freind did the same hitzelpserger, but cut the australia bit short as they found the people there arrogant and rude.
Loved the rest of it though.
Ask me holy bollix

Mickey Linden

I spent a year in Oz 6 months in New Zealand and 3 months in the states. I would advise anyone to travel and see the world when you have the chance. The chance will soon pass you buy once you get a job you like and have other commitments at home

parttimeexile

I know  but the woman is not as fond of the idea as myself. Being going out for a a good while too.  But if I dont do it i'll always wonder what it would have been like. ???

Zapatista

I love to travel but not long term. Anything over 4 weeks is to much for me. I tend to travel in spats of 2 to 3 weeks at a time. I don't mean resort hols but actual travel. By road as much as possible, train, bus and car and staying in Hostels. Not long back from Lithuania and Latvia and plan to go to Russia next and travel across it by train and into Serbia. It will take at least 3 weeks and back to normality for another 6 months or so.

Tyrones own

You're only 24 man go for it, you'll most certainly regret it if you don't.
  Did that very trip 10 yrs ago and it was the best thing i ever did, either she can be talked
  into it or she'll have to understand that it's something you need to do either alone or with somebody else 8)
 Nothing is forever anyway, what if you're not with her in a few yrs for one reason or another, sh1t happens!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

rosnarun

dont do it youll become a bore fore the rest of your life. youll feel the need to share every little aspect of your trip with every one youll meet. youll always carry at least one ethnic necklace or other jewerly around daring people to ask you where you got it and then get to work on them squeezing the will to live for hours out of them.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tyrones own

Quote from: rosnarun on January 21, 2008, 04:39:44 PM
dont do it youll become a bore fore the rest of your life. youll feel the need to share every little aspect of your trip with every one youll meet. youll always carry at least one ethnic necklace or other jewerly around daring people to ask you where you got it and then get to work on them squeezing the will to live for hours out of them.

:D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Goats Do Shave

Planning to go this time next year. Any suggested routes?

Was thinking Thaisland, Oz, NZ, Fiji anyways.

Think i'll only get 3 months though...  :-\

Puckoon

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 21, 2008, 04:38:24 PM
  You're only 24 man go for it, you'll most certainly regret it if you don't.
  Did that very trip 10 yrs ago and it was the best thing i ever did, either she can be talked
  into it or she'll have to understand that it's something you need to do either alone or with somebody else 8)
 Nothing is forever anyway, what if you're not with her in a few yrs for one reason or another, sh1t happens!

No matter where you are, you are only 24 hours away from home. Take off, see the world.

PadraicHenryPearse

heading off for 8-9 mths on may 3rd. bangkok, sydney, auckland, hawaii, san fran and boston. no work just travell. i'm 26 if i don't do it now ill never do it. all for €2000 including taxes. 15 weeks cannot wait