Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermPundit

SFL 1

Team P W L D P+ P- P+/- Pts
Belcoo  10 8 1 1 155 110 45 17
Devenish  10 6 3 1 124 99 25 13
Roslea  9 6 3 0 123 104 19 12
Lisnaskea  10 5 3 2 110 122 -12 12
Tempo  10 4 4 2 111 102 9 10
Newtownbutler  9 4 3 2 113 111 2 10
Derrygonnelly  8 4 4 0 82 82 0 8
St. Josephs  10 4 6 0 120 136 -16 8
Teemore  10 2 8 0 106 128 -22 4
Erne Gaels  10 1 9 0 81 131 -50 2

SFL 2

Team P W L D P+ P- P+/- Pts
St. Patricks  9 8 1 0 186 109 77 16
Enniskillen  9 8 1 0 143 78 65 16
Brookeboro  9 6 3 0 131 125 6 12
Kinawley  9 5 4 0 109 87 22 10
Coa  8 5 3 0 104 109 -5 10
Irvinestown  9 3 6 0 101 120 -19 6
Maguiresbridge  9 3 6 0 87 125 -38 6
Derrylin  9 2 7 0 109 144 -35 4
Aughadrumasee  9 0 9 0 78 151 -73 0
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Malachy O'Rourke has stepped down as manager of the Fermanagh senior footballers.

O'Rourke spent three years in charge of the Ernesiders, leading them to an Ulster final appearance in 2008 where they lost to Armagh after a replay.

The Orchard county also put pay to their championship hopes this year with a victory in the qualifiers, this coming after Fermanagh were relegated to Division 4 of the Allianz League.

The Fermanagh management committee will be meeting shortly to put in place a process to appoint a new manager of the county senior team.

Any ideas who should take up the reigns?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

mountainboii

Why are you hiding this away on the Local GAA section?

sammymaguire

its local to me!! - wrong spot, where should it be??  :P
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

The Konica

Just add it to the New Manager Thread I started ... keep it all cosy!

ExiledGael

Suppose we can't be surprised at this news. Think he done very well under the circumstances in his three years but it's hard to see where we go to next.
Some people are glad to see the back of O'Rourke but I can't say I'm among them. Maybe from a freshness point of view it will help though. Hopefully the next manager does as well in his first year as the last two have done, All-Ireland semi-final in 04 under Mulgrew and then Ulster final in 2008 under O'Rourke.
I think that shows what's possible when morale and belief is high but we certainly need everyone fit, well and hungry next season. (great to see Owens back in club action on a related note)
Outside manager seems unlikely, but who is there even? Don't think anyone would come in and risk their reputation but from the inside the players and potential is still there so hope someone really wants the job.
Sid Mulrone has been talked about in places and he has experience in senior county backroom teams and county minor level but hasn't had much success.
If it were me I'd make a beeline straight for Peter McGinnity. Hugely respected figure across the county and has managed to get Roslea flying high in recent years, dealing with a few 'troubled' characters at that.
He'd have little trouble keeping Quigley focused (maybe bring his young brother along too from minor), and would be well known in Enniskillen and beyond from St Michael's days so should help keep the county together. We're not coming down with candidates that's for sure.
Ronan Gallagher, Barry Owens, Ryan McCluskey, Tommy McElroy, James Sherry, Marty McGrath, Eamon Maguire, Mark Little, Ryan Carson and Seamie Quigley should, when fit, form the basis of a really decent team and are all still 29 or under (bar Gallagher in goals).
Anyway I'm sure it won't be sorted til the Autumn but let's hope someone sees something there to work on.

haranguerer

Malachy has done very well under trying circumstances, and deserves gratitude.
As for his successor, Sid Mulrone can't be dismissed on the basis of having had little success with underage fermanagh teams; they even more than seniors rely on resources which we just dont have. A very good manager, and should certainly be in the running.
McGinnity is all those things you mention, (but didnt he take Roslea down as well as up??  ;)) I'm not sure if he'd take it though, its a big comitment and I think he has had health problems...
I remember Phil Courtney was in the running the last time, and then there are others who may fancy it, a pairing of two who may not be seen to have the credentials on their own could also be a possible.

I'm not sure there are many outside the county who would take it, generally there'd need to at least be an interest in the county. Isn't Brian McIvor married to a fermanagh woman?  ;)

ExiledGael

McIvor maybe not a bad shout at all. Think he has a real point to prove at county level and is a good manager but it's just a question of whether or not he fancies it.
Don't think Mulrone has ever won anything at club level either but he's exactly the type of man I can see the county board going for.

FermGael

1st Round  SFC
Enniskillen Gaels 2-08 Kinawley 1-06
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: FermGael on August 06, 2010, 09:58:01 PM
1st Round  SFC

Much Kinawley nettle at this game????

Great nettle about Kinawley, i love a bit of Kinawley nettle
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

118cmal

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 06, 2010, 10:14:14 PM
Quote from: FermGael on August 06, 2010, 09:58:01 PM
1st Round  SFC

Much Kinawley nettle at this game????

Great nettle about Kinawley, i love a bit of Kinawley nettle
Yes.  Lots.

FermPundit

Fermanagh SFC

Derrygonnelly 1-8 1-9 Newtown
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

sammymaguire

Fermanagh SFC

Belcoo 0-4 2-13 Roslea

surprisingly easy for Roslea  ???

what is the Q-F line up?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermGael

Unreal. Roslea are the team to stop.

Half time in the other game
Teemore 1-07 Tempo 0-07

The QF Final line ups are

St Patricks vs St Joseph's
Devenish vs Newtown

Enniskillen Gaels vs Erne Gaels
Roslea vs Winners of Teemore/Tempo

According to the Fermanagh website the winners of the top two games will play in one semi final and the winners of the bottom two fixtures will play in the other semi final.  Not sure if thats the case though.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered