Media and Soccer Managers?

Started by carnaross, January 19, 2008, 01:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnaross

How many times in the recent has the media instigated managers losing their jobs? A couple of bad results and suddenly, the manger is said to be under pressure. Never any mention of a player on a bad run being sacked - he's just dropped, pending a return to form (or injury or loss of form/suspension) for another player. Managers are treated very poorly by the press, if you ask me. Anybody think similarly?
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Square Ball

Quote from: carnaross on January 19, 2008, 01:07:54 PM
How many times in the recent has the media instigated managers losing their jobs? A couple of bad results and suddenly, the manger is said to be under pressure. Never any mention of a player on a bad run being sacked - he's just dropped, pending a return to form (or injury or loss of form/suspension) for another player. Managers are treated very poorly by the press, if you ask me. Anybody think similarly?

you forgot released from prison in Joey Bartons case.

wonder will keegan stand by him or wiat until the outcome of any court case.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Rossfan

Quote from: carnaross on January 19, 2008, 01:07:54 PM
. Managers are treated very poorly by the press, if you ask me. Anybody think similarly?

Jaysus lads give me a few €million a year to utter banalities and name 11 players every Saturday and the Press can treat me any way they like as long as they dont stop me going to the bank.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM