Total Tool Journalists

Started by Maximus Marillius, January 18, 2008, 01:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

muppet

Articles to be completed and posted here by 1700 Friday, 1st February.

QuoteMuppet is a very appropriate name

Any attempt to curry favour with the judges is strictly prohibited, unless of course it involves a 'dig out'.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2008, 02:29:23 AM
Ok neither of you are from Kildare and both of you have probably heard of Kieran McGeeney (if not he is a famous ballet dancer from Armagh).

Liam Hayes wrote a nasty piece on the above here so let's see if either of you 2 can do better.

Eh off you go then.....1000 words.

Hardstation I refer you to the above post of 19th January. Feel free to add your 1000 word article to the mix.
MWWSI 2017

seeheartalk

Where is this thread going? Why doesn't everybody list the journos from their local rags in each county and then those that write for nationals and we can decide/ rip to shreads/ who is the best/worse or those that even stoke up a response.
Still think Brendan Murphy pictures in the Irish News are classic. Nothing to do with anything but if you havent noticed his pix before, you will the next time you look in the Irish News and everytime after.

ONeill

Brendan Murphy my hole. Last year one of his pics was in the Irish News of an oul man on a bike in Belfast. The caption said 'bla bla bla yesterday'. The man, from Derrylaughan, had been dead four months. Suffice to say his immediate relations got a bit of a shock.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Can we have an extension til Monday Feb 4th?

Off topic but Iris Robinson looked good on UTV from a distance. Up close she has the neck of a really old turkey.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

red hander

'being a student journalist, this thread fills me with confidence as i progress into the working world........!! '

Son, you're fucked ... get into subbing...

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2008, 06:24:40 PM
Brendan Murphy my hole. Last year one of his pics was in the Irish News of an oul man on a bike in Belfast. The caption said 'bla bla bla yesterday'. The man, from Derrylaughan, had been dead four months. Suffice to say his immediate relations got a bit of a shock.

All he does is take photos from around the North Antrim coast, he lives between Carnlough and Waterfoot i think, if his photos are from outside this jurisdiction you can bet he is on holiday there.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2008, 06:34:50 PM
Can we have an extension til Monday Feb 4th?

Off topic but Iris Robinson looked good on UTV from a distance. Up close she has the neck of a really old turkey.

Feb 4th at 1700 it is. (O'Neill clearly hasn't heard of deadlines).

List of confirmed judges so far:

AZOffaly
The Green Man
Billy's Boots
Hardy

MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Can armagh for sam again be the judge of spelling and vocabulary, or would there be a conflict of interest?

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on January 25, 2008, 08:56:06 PM
Can armagh for sam again be the judge of spelling and vocabulary, or would there be a conflict of interest?

Gnevin is your man for that expertise......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Zapatista

Quote from: seeheartalk on January 25, 2008, 05:35:35 PM
Where is this thread going? Why doesn't everybody list the journos from their local rags in each county and then those that write for nationals and we can decide/ rip to shreads/ who is the best/worse or those that even stoke up a response.
Still think Brendan Murphy pictures in the Irish News are classic. Nothing to do with anything but if you havent noticed his pix before, you will the next time you look in the Irish News and everytime after.

The pictures are fantastic. My da cuts and keeps many of them.

THEREALGRASSROOTS

Quote from: seeheartalk on January 25, 2008, 05:35:35 PM

Our rags are - Mid Ulster (Seamus Mullan), Derry Journal (same, if they bother with ga!), Derry Post (Chris McCann & Cahir OKane) and Bernie Mullan writes a fair bit for most of them...most Derry people would tend to have an opinion on most of them!
Jazz flute is for fairies

Sidelined

In Armagh there is Joe McManus (Armagh Observer), Joe Pilkington (Examiner), Eugene Creaney (Lurgan Mail), Steve Malone (Newry Democrat) and John Campbell of Bel Tel is also from Armagh. McManus does a bit for the Irish News, Pilkington's words are cut and pasted to the Newry Reporter and Malone pops up the odd time in Tuesdays Irish Star - seems to be the only one that goes to hurling and ladies gaa.